Clarisys Audio Auditorium Loudspeaker

for a long time I was in search of the "perfect" transducers!
I was always amazed at what panels can do, but as we all know, they all have their inherent problems in one or more departments.
sensitivity, space occupation, looks, bass reproduction etc...
for years more than a few companies tried to "sell" the idea with their own abilities , starting with quad to the mighty Apogees. ML (with some other technology),
maggies and so forth.
till came Clarisys audio... that took this unbelievable approach and IMHO got it done!
Now we can have "apogees" like systems in a real full range. all panels!
in beautiful finishes and in an un-distractible chassis. This is not common and the coherent presentation
The treble, middle and bass is from the same material. The bass is only attached on the sides. No mylar anywhere, it's why it's truly coherent.
the energy and musical abilities you can feel in the room with a pair of them is unbelievable.
The sound is open, musical and powerful at the same time! its clearer than any speaker i ever listen to (except maybe the AC Contendo, but talking about SIZE!!!)

So for the past 6 plus month since I heard Clarisys audio for the first time I was in LOVE.
ordered a pair of the new "Studio plus neo". they arrived after a while.. was fully assembled in big flight-cases and in a beautiful black edition.
burn them in and just fall into the rabbit hole to a full blown Auditorium pair.
I couldn't help myself.
i was never thought I could manage something like this in my demo room, this is like a spaceship in Israel from a business perspective (and all perspective to telling the truth). 145K$ pairs of speakers are sold locally once in maybe 10 years! so it's actually for my own LOVE and passion for the brand, music and enjoyment.
I am of course the Clarisys audio dealer in Israel (for all of you that need to know)... but this feels like my own audiophile goal that I achieved!

every model is like another league you can reach from before and the Auditorium as for now is the Only full range ribbon speakers in the world! and they are f#$% amazing!

View attachment 121963View attachment 121964
Amazing...beautiful system and room! Enjoy! Would love to read more about what you find in them vs other speakers. In fact, how do your Auditoriums compare with other speakers you have owned/heard a lot? And also intrigued about your thoughts on the AC Contendo.
Thanks for any thoughts or observations!

Technically incorrect. Alsyvox uses a mylar panel with aluminum foil as signal carrier mounted and stretched across a four sided frame. It's technically identical as the Magnepan QR. Their traces cannot move or module individually, also cannot tension individually.
Alsyvox approach is indeed different from Apogee, but born out of a love for those speakers. I’ll not get further into design differences between the two brands — is a Clarysis thread. I heard the small models (Minuet?) at Axpona — sounded pretty good crammed into the small room I visited.

Amazing...beautiful system and room! Enjoy! Would love to read more about what you find in them vs other speakers. In fact, how do your Auditoriums compare with other speakers you have owned/heard a lot? And also intrigued about your thoughts on the AC Contendo.
Thanks for any thoughts or observations!

Dear LL21... thank you very much! I am enjoying it very much.
I could not wait for my AC system to arrive also... I bet it will be something very special.

to write about the differences between conventional speakers v.s ribbons and Clarisys in particular feel like a 'zero sum game'. like everything very special in our hobby you need to hear to fully understand it.

I try to sum my thoughts before writing anything in length -
like I was listening to the Contendo for the first time as I listened to the "Auditorium" for the first time. The experience is "louder" than the audiophile "BS" we write and talk about. It's like breathing music, not just hearing it. Clarisys moves the molecules between you and them in a different way than anything else. it's actually energising the room with waves and layers of music. it's not "spit" or projecting at you (as I sometimes feel with cones speakers)
That's what I also felt at Stavros room... It's a feeling, not a sound.
of course the whole SHEBANG in audiophile lingu is there... huge stage, 3d image, tight and live like bass, texture and clear presentation.
and one of the most important to me. accurate timber.
The Clarysys can play delicately as they can blow your mind with high SPL as live experience. for me it was very crucial! I listen to music sometimes 10-12 hours a day (sometimes more). and I need to enjoy it on any level. and for a big amount of genres.
When I got the Studio plus and the long break in was done I was hooked!
I fell in love! and ordered the Auditorium with no hesitation. i knew its an END GAME for me, in my present and future area of listening, maybe someday when I can afford a mansion, I will order a "contendo" set from Stavros to play alongside my AUDI ;).
if you have any more questions or specific notes you want me to share, i will be glad to spend time and write whatever i can.

BR.
Aviad

How long is the break in?
With my Studio Plus something magical happened at around 225 hours. Sound really came together.

• Haha
Reactions: byrdparis
How long is the break in?
215-225 hours on the clock!
its pretty amazing and frustrated in the same time.
we know that burn in is a real thing for many devices and equipment in our hobby, but nothing i can remember that has so much impact!
its like one day the speaker is magical appears for his max glory!

Reactions: Bbock
Congratulations! The set-up in the room looks beautiful!

I have had planar dipole speakers from Day 1 in this hobby, and continuously thereafter. I, too, think the Clarisys loudspeakers do something special!

I have to ask: how far are the speakers into the room from the front wall? Can you pull them any further into the room?
Dear Ron.
thank you, i must say that i'm sorry i missed your question.
the picture at the beginning, shows the speakers around 120-130cm from the back (you call it front) wall (to panel) .
now they are a bit further in, around 150cm... and with a hard toe in (around 30 degree) and after aa few calibration nots.
more to come...
I am waiting for a visit from Florian in a couple of days, we will work some magic between our experiences and (hopefully) make them more perfect.

best,
Aviad.

Dear LL21... thank you very much! I am enjoying it very much.
I could not wait for my AC system to arrive also... I bet it will be something very special.

to write about the differences between conventional speakers v.s ribbons and Clarisys in particular feel like a 'zero sum game'. like everything very special in our hobby you need to hear to fully understand it.

I try to sum my thoughts before writing anything in length -
like I was listening to the Contendo for the first time as I listened to the "Auditorium" for the first time. The experience is "louder" than the audiophile "BS" we write and talk about. It's like breathing music, not just hearing it. Clarisys moves the molecules between you and them in a different way than anything else. it's actually energising the room with waves and layers of music. it's not "spit" or projecting at you (as I sometimes feel with cones speakers)
That's what I also felt at Stavros room... It's a feeling, not a sound.
of course the whole SHEBANG in audiophile lingu is there... huge stage, 3d image, tight and live like bass, texture and clear presentation.
and one of the most important to me. accurate timber.
The Clarysys can play delicately as they can blow your mind with high SPL as live experience. for me it was very crucial! I listen to music sometimes 10-12 hours a day (sometimes more). and I need to enjoy it on any level. and for a big amount of genres.
When I got the Studio plus and the long break in was done I was hooked!
I fell in love! and ordered the Auditorium with no hesitation. i knew its an END GAME for me, in my present and future area of listening, maybe someday when I can afford a mansion, I will order a "contendo" set from Stavros to play alongside my AUDI ;).
if you have any more questions or specific notes you want me to share, i will be glad to spend time and write whatever i can.

BR.
Aviad
Thank you. I know someone whose system I recently heard in his home...and he is getting Clarisys for a 2nd system. So I will look forward to speaking with him off-line about how they compare.

Thanks. Doubt the Absolare would have paired well with the old Apogees. Clarisys really opens up amplification possibilities.
Agree...sounds like they have really made Apogees for the modern day. A really great thing. I will definitely give them a listen when I can.

Reactions: byrdparis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing