Critical Mass Footers Weight Limitations?

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
I have mono block amps that weigh about 140lbs. each and I am wondering if this weight is too much for the CS2 1" footers?
Actually, I don't recall ever seeing any weight evaluations for the different types and sizes of these footers.
Can anyone provide that info?

ozzy

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks for your opinion, but what are the actual weight limitations of the various sizes? I mean there are different sizes for a reason?
And what happens if the weight is too much for a given size? Does the music become more constricted, tense or whatever? Will the footers squish?

ozzy

PeteG0

May 11, 2021
Center Stage2 0.8 – The Center Stage 20mm x 38mm tall and is recommended for all front end components under 45kg.

Center Stage2 1.0
– The Center Stage 25mm x 38mm tall and is recommended for use under cool running amplifiers positioned in racks away from loudspeakers as well as under front end components weighing over 45kg.

Center Stage2 1.5 – The Center Stage 38mm x 51mm tall and performs even better than the 0.8 and 1.0 versions and is especially helpful for amplifiers positioned close to loudspeakers and amplifiers that benefit from increased ventilation.

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
PeteGO,
Thanks for that info, but it really doesn't address the actual weight restrictions or limitations.
What happens when I use a 1" or a 1.5" under a 140lb amps.

What I am finding is the sound becomes more constricted sounding under my amps when using the 1" size. The bass seems to diminish. Perhaps what is happening is whatever is inside the footers becomes compressed.

ozzy

Last edited:

PeteG0

May 11, 2021
Karan Power Amps are 105Kg each and they are using 3x CS2 1.5.
I think on my Preamp (Karan LINEa) they've used 3x CS2 1.0

I reckon it will be best to contact the CMS directly for a definitive answer.

Apologies I couldn't help more.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
PeteGO,
Thanks for that info, but it really doesn't address the actual weight restrictions or limitations.

What I am finding is the sound becomes more constricted sounding under my amps when using the 1" size. The bass seems to diminish. Perhaps what is happening is whatever is inside the footers becomes compressed.

ozzy
The sound does not sound constricted. If anything just the opposite will occur

Steve Williams

PeteGO,

ozzy
Do you have them positioned properly

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I never tried the little guys under my Ms and now M10s. Went straight for the big boys.

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Not much help from the Manufacturer, really vague and non-committal answer, that is why I asked the question here.

I have the footers facing forward as I believe they are supposed to be.

The 1" size does not seem to work well (sonically) with my 140lb amps, so I'm not sure if even the 1.5 size will improve on that, and they are pretty expensive to just try.

Is it possible that amps are not the best place for these footers? I really like them under the rest of my system, but those components are relatively light weight compared to my amps.

ozzy

Steve Williams

Not much help from the Manufacturer, really vague and non-committal answer, that is why I asked the question here.

I have the footers facing forward as I believe they are supposed to be.

The 1" size does not seem to work well (sonically) with my 140lb amps, so I'm not sure if even the 1.5 size will improve on that, and they are pretty expensive to just try.

Is it possible that amps are not the best place for these footers? I really like them under the rest of my system, but those components are relatively light weight compared to my amps.

ozzy
I know a member who uses the 1.5's on the 500 lb Boulder amp with great success

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Strange comment, since that is what the instruction says as to have them oriented.

ozzy

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Strange comment, since that is what the instruction says as to have them oriented.

ozzy

Advertising?

I think the footers used to come with a trial period and could be returned. But the break in period was of similar length so that was a bit confusing. Could you borrow some from a friend or inquire about a trial period?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing