Finally our website of prerecorded tape is done

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada
Hi guys my partner had put the website on , www.ultraanaloguerecordings.com so far we have two sets ready, they are all legal because we have the copy right, my job was all the electronics and live recording operator , the rest were done by my partner, try to take a visit and see if you will like the quality of recording
tony ma

Hi guys my partner had put the website on , ultraanaloguerecordings.com so far we have two sets ready, they are all legal because we have the copy right, my job was all the electronics and live recording operator , the rest were done by my partner, try to take a visit and see if you will like the quality of recording
tony ma

Congrats Tony, going to have to check them out!

Tony,

Congratulations. Are the tapes recorded at 15IPS. I may have missed that. The prices seem quite reasonable compared to the Tape Project pricing. Once I have my upgraded hybrid Ampex 440C/B R2R tape deck (hopefully at the end of the week) and I am a little more back on my feet after the last audio investments I may place an order.

Rich

Hi Tony,

Very nice! I hope to have a listen soon after my MR70 is complete.

Tony,

Congratulations. Are the tapes recorded at 15IPS. I may have missed that. The prices seem quite reasonable compared to the Tape Project pricing. Once I have my upgraded hybrid Ampex 440C/B R2R tape deck (hopefully at the end of the week) and I am a little more back on my feet after the last audio investments I may place an order.

Rich

Rich and Roger
They all in 15 ips , you can ask for NAB or CCIR, blank tape from RMGI will arrive next week for copying, Beethoven and Rachmaninov are the best recording so far ( sound quality and performance ) and we will have more in the future but in classical music
tony ma

Rich and Roger
They all in 15 ips , you can ask for NAB or CCIR, blank tape from RMGI will arrive next week for copying, Beethoven and Rachmaninov are the best recording so far ( sound quality and performance ) and we will have more in the future but in classical music
tony ma

Hi Tony,

I have always been a fan of the 300B tube,very musical from my experience. In that regard these tapes are probably unique.

Hi Tony,

I have always been a fan of the 300B tube,very musical from my experience. In that regard these tapes are probably unique.

Hi Roger
If you have a chance compare the sound quality of Bach and Beethoven or Rachmaninov, they all recorded in the same mic and 300B pre amp, but Bach recorded in the original A80's record amp ( our first try) and the other in tube and silver transformer modified amp(our latest), cello also the same cello ( former owner Staker) only in different performer, piano is Steinway grand
tony ma

COOL and CONGRATS!

Rich and Roger
tony ma

Tony,

Were the original recordings made in NAB or CCIR?
Also, can you put tones on the tape using the original recording machine to confirm alignment?
Noise Reduction...Dolbly SR, A, etc.?

I'll check out your website today, hopefully :D

Hi Tony:

Would you be adding test tones in the beginnings of your tapes? I would suggest 30 sec. each of 1Khz, 50Hz, and 12Khz.

Ki

Tony,

Also, can you put tones on the tape using the original recording machine to confirm alignment?

Hi Sam
We use NAB in master but we can copy to CCIR for request
We did 1k test tone tape can add in the beginning of the tape
No other special thing in add to the recording directly from mic to the recording head, of cause mic pre amp and rec amp are on the path
tony ma

Okay, perused the website...

Tony,

I'll check out your website today, hopefully :D

Originally recorded with NAB EQ standard.
No additional signal processing :)

Is there any advantage using CCIR on the dupe as the original was recorded using NAB?

Is the Studer, which was used to record the performances directly to two-track, also serving as the repro machine for your dupe chain?

What tape stock was utilized for the recordings?

Thanks, Tony...I'm really interested in hearing the results of your group's effort :p

p.s. Ki has some good suggestions...as always :D

Originally recorded with NAB EQ standard.
No additional signal processing :)

Is there any advantage using CCIR on the dupe as the original was recorded using NAB?

Is the Studer, which was used to record the performances directly to two-track, also serving as the repro machine for your dupe chain?

What tape stock was utilized for the recordings?

Thanks, Tony...I'm really interested in hearing the results of your group's effort :p

p.s. Ki has some good suggestions...as always :D
Hi Sam
I realy don't know about any advantage from NAB to CCIR, just for some machine which can only play back in NAB or CCIR,
Yes we did use the same machine in recording and play back for dubbing, one to one copy each time same speed
We use 499/GP9 for master, and RMGI for production, also we found if directly from 499 to RMGI the hi frequency will drop a bite, that is why we made another dub from master to a 499production master with a little higher level in high frequency and to RMGI, to make the final result close to the master quality, of course no copy can be the as the master if ABX
tony ma

Tony's tapes

Hi Fellow Tapers-

Just returned from the Toronto TAVES show and met Tony. He played his master of the rehearsal of two different chamber music recordings and I have to report that they are pretty wonderful. They are dripping with atmosphere of the recording locale. Purist miked with some of my favourite mics- the Royer Ribbons. I use the alnico B&O ribbons sometimes and they were the inspiration for the Royers. He also graciously took Bill and myself out and was our tour guide. Thanks again to Tony for his hospitality.

Rich Brown
Acoustic Arts

Hi Fellow Tapers-

Just returned from the Toronto TAVES show and met Tony. He played his master of the rehearsal of two different chamber music recordings and I have to report that they are pretty wonderful. They are dripping with atmosphere of the recording locale. Purist miked with some of my favourite mics- the Royer Ribbons. I use the alnico B&O ribbons sometimes and they were the inspiration for the Royers. He also graciously took Bill and myself out and was our tour guide. Thanks again to Tony for his hospitality.

Rich Brown
Acoustic Arts

Wonderful !!

Rich and I just got back from Toronto and we had a great time. As he said, we met Tony and he couldn't have been more of a gentleman. Went with the flow as Rich and I bopped around Toronto listening to tapes in private homes.
He was kind enough to bring his master tape of one of the practice sessions for his tape project. It sounded great and conveyed the large venue of the recording.
I hope to make it back his way to listen to his rig and his friend Edward's.

Rich and I just got back from Toronto and we had a great time. As he said, we met Tony and he couldn't have been more of a gentleman. Went with the flow as Rich and I bopped around Toronto listening to tapes in private homes.
He was kind enough to bring his master tape of one of the practice sessions for his tape project. It sounded great and conveyed the large venue of the recording.
I hope to make it back his way to listen to his rig and his friend Edward's.
Hi Rich and Bill
You guys always welcome again, finally I reset my system today so next time will not disappoint again, the new look of my system is improved in looking (so mess before) but I have to check the sound quality any change too. I will put some new picture of the new looking to members' gallery too
tony ma

Rich, Bill, and Tony

What an excellent time! :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing