Genesis at T.H.E. Show Newport Beach

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Genesis exhibits with Burmester at T.H.E. Show, Newport Beach May 31 to Jun 3. Please come and visit us in Suite 225 at The Atrium Hotel.

We will be showing the latest version of the Genesis 5.3 loudspeaker (with the new tweeter). Electronics will include the Burmester 909 power amplifier (since there are so many members here curious about this), the 088 preamplifier, the 089 CD Player and the Ph100 phono-stage. All cables will be Absolute Fidelity.

As a special treat, we are also honored to host the fabulous jazz singer Ms Anne Bisson and spinning her albums. Ms Bisson will be performing during the show, so don't miss out on hearing her"live", buying her CDs and LPs, and getting them autographed.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Genesis exhibits with Burmester at T.H.E. Show, Newport Beach May 31 to Jun 3. Please come and visit us in Suite 225 at The Atrium Hotel.

We will be showing the latest version of the Genesis 5.3 loudspeaker (with the new tweeter). Electronics will include the Burmester 909 power amplifier (since there are so many members here curious about this), the 088 preamplifier, the 089 CD Player and the Ph100 phono-stage. All cables will be Absolute Fidelity.

As a special treat, we are also honored to host the fabulous jazz singer Ms Anne Bisson and spinning her albums. Ms Bisson will be performing during the show, so don't miss out on hearing her"live", buying her CDs and LPs, and getting them autographed.

Nice album :) Even if it's digital. :)

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Met Ms. Bisson in the Oracle room at TAVES last September. What a delight!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Her previous album Blue Mind was out on vinyl!

Sorry for the confusion. I have Portraits and Perfumes on LP :) Only problem is that the surfaces suck.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Sorry for the confusion. I have Portraits and Perfumes on LP :) Only problem is that the surfaces suck.

Yes - she knows that too. Blue Mind was pressed at RTI and it is wonderful. Portraits and Perfumes was pressed in a Canadian plant, and the vinyl wasn't as good. Her next LP will be pressed at RTI.

Myles, if you don't have Blue Mind, pm me your address and I'll send you a copy.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Oracle at the Burmester/Genesis room

I just got off the phone with Jacques Riendeau from Oracle who has just confirmed that he will be sending me the Delphi Mk VI with Oracle SME V arm and Oracle Corinth reference cartridge!

Whee!! I haven't had an Oracle since I owned the Delphi Mk II many, many years ago in Singapore.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Gary,

Is Anne signing in your room? That could be very cool.

See you there!

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi Peter, yes - Anne is going to be signing in our room. It would be very cool, because we can play her LPs, and have her sign them for her fans!

Looking forward to seeing you there. And hopefully other forum members as well.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Gary - Please come to the TAVE Show this year. I know Suave was in touch with you about it.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I should be there, barring unforeseen circumstances :)

Excellent news!:) It'll be nice to finally have an opportunity to listen to your speakers and to meet the man himself! ;):). I know I'll be attending on Friday and Saturday for sure. The first part of Friday will be dedicated towards visiting the vinyl dealers, as they usually have better pricing at the show...and you know me....I love my media! But I'll definitely swing by your room as well!

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
I missed all of the show lying on my back in France, but my friends were kind enough to send pictures :)

I was told that I missed the treat of having Anne Bisson on the system, with her singing along!! Must have been a real treat!

[L to R] Robb Niemann (Burmester), Anne Bisson, Jacques Riendeau (Oracle)

IMG_3551..jpg

Thanks to Dan Ellis (DLE Designs) for taking such great pictures.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
The System:

Front end comprising Oracle Delphi Mk VI with Oracle SME arm and Oracle Corinth cartridge, Burmester Ph100 phono stage, Burmester 089 CD player and Burmester 808 preamp.

IMG_3523..jpg

The business end with Burmester 909 power amp and Genesis 5.3 loudspeakers.

IMG_3518..jpg

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
I missed all of the show lying on my back in France, but my friends were kind enough to send pictures :)

I was told that I missed the treat of having Anne Bisson on the system, with her singing along!! Must have been a real treat!

[L to R] Robb Niemann (Burmester), Anne Bisson, Jacques Riendeau (Oracle)

View attachment 3689

Thanks to Dan Ellis (DLE Designs) for taking such great pictures.

Although I've not heard Anne sing live, I've had the pleasure of meeting all three of those people in the picture. Seems like I missed a real treat! :-(

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Anne Bisson must have some real fortitude to brave the packs of slavering old gomers at these audio shows.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing