Hello from the beautiful city of Lindau in Germany

Hi!

Since years I wanted to introduce an alternative design to the existing ones for those who want a different look. The new design does not replace the old one which continues to be offered. The idea for the new design language started when I developed the Compactron preamplifier. A compact (relative to my other designs) full function preamplifier in a single chassis. I really liked the look of the new Compactron Preamp so I decided to adapt a similar chassis style to pretty much all of my amps and preamps. This resulted in the Heritage product line. During the development of the first amps and preamps the chassis concept evolved such that it also became suitable for a series with the chassis milled from a solid block of metal. I always wanted to have chassis with a seamless surface. This then resulted in the Intrepid product line.

In terms of electronic design, all of the amps and preamps in the Compactron series are entirely new designs. The heritage line consists of the previously most often requested products. There are some refinements in the design and parts choice, but these things had always been ongoing during the years. Everything in the Intrepid line represents my personal statement in ultimate fidelity. Again base don existing designs like the differential phono and line which I built before but also with refinements in parts choice and circuit. However the main principles are the same as before.

Best regards

Thomas
Thank you Thomas. I continue to be inspired by your work, ethos and attention to detail - as do all of us, I imagine. I wish I could hear these new amps (am in New Zealand at present) but will read reports with great interest.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing