installing 7 Furutech GTX-D NFC (R) outlets this morning

Everyone places different values on improvements... One man's "slight" improvement is another man's "night and day" improvement.

As far as improvements go, I think the NCFs do a lot more than the Entreq grounding boxes, but less than the SPEC RSP-901EX "Real-Sound Processor."

If you use a GTX NCF wall receptacle to feed a power conditioner or distributor that does not have these same receptacles, you are getting maybe half the benefit of the GTX NCF, which in my view is a pretty big deal. If all your components are plugged into GTX NCF wall receptacles, then obviously you're good.

i know how you feel, but rest easy i went from gold to these NCF and tone was not adversely affected. its just better right out the box. its not bright, its not weird in the top end. just clean but not sterile. i dont know about going from what you have but i would think it will be less affecting than where i came from. so dont worry.

for me bass was the biggest improvement with no down sides elsewhere .

its not jaw dropping, just a little better.. you will get used to it and forget you done it in no time, just like every other tweak. its worth it imo.

Thanks Spaz for soothing my frayed nerves . Keep you posted on how it goes , Cheers

I have 350 hours on my GTX NCF -R . Awesome. Bass deep and strong smooth tops organic midrange. No downside whatsoever. I was not prepared for this great an improvement.

I have 350 hours on my GTX NCF -R . Awesome. Bass deep and strong smooth tops organic midrange. No downside whatsoever. I was not prepared for this great an improvement.
Good to hear ! What were you using prior to the NCF ?

Hi.
Last week i recieved my two brand new Siltechs Ruby Mountain ii wired with Furutech Fi50/52 Rhodium Carbon.
As more i read more worried i am. I'm still on burning progress. They have aprox. +-60 hours on.
There's so much difference between mines vs new ncfs?
Anybody has changed from FI50 to FI50-ncf?

Guys- Not sure if this has been answered- My system has the Equi-tech wall panel with earth grounding rods- I am about to install the Furutech NFC outlets and someone mentioned
that when I install them that I SHOULD NOT hook up the ground wires to the Furutech outlets- He said that it will reduce the noise floor - Does this make sense not to hook up the ground wire??= thanks

Guys- Not sure if this has been answered- My system has the Equi-tech wall panel with earth grounding rods- I am about to install the Furutech NFC outlets and someone mentioned
that when I install them that I SHOULD NOT hook up the ground wires to the Furutech outlets- He said that it will reduce the noise floor - Does this make sense not to hook up the ground wire??= thanks

That's against code and extremely dangerous unless your entire system is double insulated and none of the components have a ground connection. In this case it wouldn't matter anyways since none of the components have grounds. DEFINITELY wire up the ground connections using heavy gauge wire. If you're running more than one line make sure all the receptacles are placed in ganged metal boxes so the grounds are connected at the receptacles, or something to that effect. Jumping grounds from one line to another may not be to code though.

Just finished my install of my GTX NCF kit for the power amps. Looking forward to hearing an improvement once broken in and settled.

Attachments

• gtx_ncf1.jpg
    gtx_ncf1.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 526
  • gtx_ncf12.jpg
    gtx_ncf12.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 526
I prefer them mounted with the ground pin up, like the lettering on it suggests. The reason is that they hold much better since they're a little soft to start with.

I prefer them mounted with the ground pin up, like the lettering on it suggests. The reason is that they hold much better since they're a little soft to start with.

I was trying to remain consistent with the way the standard outlets are in my house. I will try flipping it like you suggest.

my Furutech NFC outlets are definitely grounded to my Equi=tech 10WQ wall panel (which has it's own dedicated grounding rod).

quiet as a tomb. super dynamic.

Hi Mike,
Are you using a standard ground rod or a chemical filled electrode?
david

Hi Mike,
Are you using a standard ground rod or a chemical filled electrode?
david

don't know. it was installed in 2004 when I built my room by the commercial electrician. I suppose it's a standard ground rod.

what I will say is that in the mountains east of Seattle where I live there is plenty of moisture in the ground and soil conditions are considered ideal for grounding. other parts of the country I'm told need a bit more exotic approaches for optimal grounding due to lack of moisture and more extreme soil compositions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing