Introducing the LampizatOr Poseidon DAC

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020

Posiedon-main3.jpg

Poseidon
A New Reference by LampizatOr

We rode the waves of success with our iconic “Horizon DAC”, which raised the bar higher than we ever thought possible for digital sound. But then, we faced a challenge. With all we have learned and discovered in creating the Horizon, the gap between our flagship and the rest of the line was too large.

Of course our statement piece should stand above and beyond the rest of our line, however, with all we have learned, and my own personal philosophy of wanting to bring audio pleasure to all, even those not operating in the highest of budgets, we have decided to trickle down much of what we have learned to create The Poseidon DAC, inspired by the Greek God of the Sea, bringing you closer to the horizon of audio pleasure, with Introductory Pricing at half the price of the Horizon DAC.

This DAC will share substantial DNA with the Horizon, in terms of sound quality, aesthetics, build quality and the ability to bring musical joy to even the most hardcore of analog fans. It aims to not only compete with, but better, any DAC at any price, outside of our own product line, at a cost accessible to a wide audience.

Poseidon will single handedly replace 3 DAC models in 4 variations each, all together 12
DAC models. It is a huge task next to impossible. From Big7 SE to the beloved Pacific DAC.

Why Poseidon?

• Inherits the glorious design style of the Horizon.
• Customizable aesthetics! Choose between the sleek Silver Sahara and the enigmatic Black Hole.
• Replaces 12 of our DAC models – A monumental achievement!
• Approaches the Horizon’s unmatched sound quality, ready to serenade even the staunchest analog purists.

Innovations Galore!

1. New Remote Control & OLED Display – Control and clarity right at your fingertips!
2. Vast Array of Tube Options – Customize your audio experience to perfection.
3. Integrated Volume Control – First-of-its-kind, right within the tube scheme.
4. Record-Breaking Impedance Levels – implementing our highest input and lowest output impedance levels ever maximum compatibility with most every system.
5. A redesigned auto mute circuit minimizing digital artifacts

A Closer Look at the Tube Compliment

Features the precision of the 6N1P (Soviet Army) input and I/V conversion stage.
Packed with 12 triodes, including the trusted 5U4G rectifier, 4 double triodes, and 4 single triodes. A robust amplification stage to ensure crystal-clear audio output.

Debuting the Engine 11X: The Digital Powerhouse!

Crafted especially for Poseidon, the 11.X engine boasts:

• Software-driven & firmware configurable setup.
• Complete isolation from USB and i2S lines.
• Ultra-precise clocking mechanism.
• Supports DSD512 and PCM 768 kHz as standard.

The Poseidon is a true reference level source. We have implemented everything we have learned to date within our operating budget to bring a solution that stands above all competitors sonically, aesthetically and in terms of heirloom quality build.

This thread can serve as the de facto information thread for sharing information, impressions and inquiring about the Poseidon.

And now for a sneak peek of the brand new chassis. Kindly note the machined aluminum in these images is raw.:

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    330.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 195
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    353.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 196
Last edited by a moderator:

findog

Apr 29, 2019
www.tinyurl.com
Sounded absolutely fantastic at the rave.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Congrats, Lukasz and team :cool:

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Looks like another killer product Lukasz. Best of luck with Poseidon. It is eye candy indeed
I think this one will be disruptive to the industry, Steve. The demo unit Robert and I have been experimenting with, which we also debuted at the soft launch in Princeton, NJ has been an absolute stunner and that is running stock tubes with just an upgraded rectifier.

We are looking forward to getting it on the show circuit for the first time next month at Capital AudioFest where we'll be presenting it and the Taiko Extreme using the fabulous Songer Audio speakers and Trafomatic amplification in Room 740... Hope to see many more of you there!

More final production photos here:

Poseidon-front-angled.jpg Poseidon-front-dark.jpg Poseidon-back.jpg Poseidon-back-close.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
looks great !!!!

Reactions: Dane33

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
What I find exciting about Poseidon is two fold
1. Inexpensive tubes producing terrific sound

2. a preamp that is actually better than the Horizon

You rock Lukasz.....:cool:

NightTiger

Jul 30, 2019

Congradulations, Lukasz, it's a gourgeous idea to create a combo of a DAC and a no-compromise preamp. IMHO, such a product is already in demand on the market and the Poseidon has every chance of becoming a killer in its price category. I am currently looking for such a product (DAC with VC) and therefore I am eager to know more about your new creation.

I have a question regarding the DAC's core. In the video above and in the pre-landing page on your website, you call the Poseidon's engine Eleven-P. And then you name it Eleven-X. What's the difference? Is it just a different name for the same core for some reason, or is there a small but noticeable difference between the 11P and 11X to call them differently?

Reactions: LampiNA

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Congrats Lukasz! It looks epic. What does this mean for Horizon owners? Should we consider a Poseidon stand-alone preamp? :)
I also loved the interview with Ron. He is such a great interviewer….

I am curious to hear what someone trying the Horizon with pre-amp only Poseidon thinks of the combo ….

DSG Rob

May 8, 2019
I've had the pleasure of enjoying our first Poseidon (prototype) in my system for the last month. I also have an Horizon and Batltic 4 here for comparison.

Poseidon has a very natural, nonfatiguing sound that Lampi is famous for. The soundstage is enveloping, and wall to wall . Off axis staging is very impressive. The bass is the best I've heard, articulate and visceral. Overall a very engaging and non-digital sound.

The Horizon is still our forumula one car. The Poseidon is our street legal supercar. Not the same all out assault, but close. Lukasz described it best when he mentioned the sound differences in Rons interview. The Poseidons unique pre-section, impedance friendly specs, and world class DAC make it a compelling value. As Fred mentioned, we look forward to showing it off at Capital Audiofest next month.
20231003_131853 (1).jpg

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I loved his description of Horizon being higher on the bliss-o-meter. I laughed out loud when he described his ecstasy :)

Steve Williams

As Fred mentioned, we look forward to showing it off at Capital Audiofest next month.
you and Fred are going to kill it Rob. What a beautiful product.

Can you elaborate what is seen on the front screen

Reactions: LampiNA

DSG Rob

May 8, 2019
you and Fred are going to kill it Rob. What a beautiful product.

Can you elaborate what is seen on the front screen
Thank you Steve. For the record this Poseidon (in my picture) is strictly a prototype chassis.

The front screen is OLED. It displays volume and input selection.

1697727616558.png

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Congrats Lukasz! It looks epic. What does this mean for Horizon owners? Should we consider a Poseidon stand-alone preamp? :)
I also loved the interview with Ron. He is such a great interviewer….

I am curious to hear what someone trying the Horizon with pre-amp only Poseidon thinks of the combo ….
It should indeed be considered for preamplifier duties and in those instances where someone already has a Horizon, I might guide them towards a Poseidon with phono to complete their front end needs.

Steve Williams

It should indeed be considered for preamplifier duties and in those instances where someone already has a Horizon, I might guide them towards a Poseidon with phono to complete their front end needs.
I'm confused.....is there a standalone Poseidon preamp or are you saying buy a Poseidon to use the preamp portion of it to use with the Horizon

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Steve,

There is a Poseidon DAC which comes with the active linestage. There is also a linestage only version which was reviewed here on WBF. Finally there is a full fledged Poseidon preamplifier which has the linestage plus our overachieving phono module (no DAC).

While it is an outstanding active preamplifier, the best value is having the DAC or phono integrated with it.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Do I see 4 Chinese 6V6GT pentodes running as triodes or am I mistaken?

Why not return back to basics if you want to give the benefit of your experience to younger people and sell the electronics to those that can build it with guidelines.

That would just be fucking cool at your stage in life.

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Do I see 4 Chinese 6V6GT pentodes running as triodes or am I mistaken?

Why not return back to basics if you want to give the benefit of your experience to younger people and sell the electronics to those that can build it with guidelines.

That would just be fucking cool at your stage in life.
While the comment might've been made in jest, it causes me to reflect on my time working with Lukasz Fikus over the past decade. His philosophies truly stand out.

What captivated me about Lukasz's work years ago was his clear vision and unwavering dedication to the audio world. I probably won't do justice to the details of his journey, but it's worth noting that Lukasz, who came from humble origins, didn't just dabble in this field; he embraced it wholeheartedly.

Before the buzz of commercial success, he managed his own blog where curious audiophiles, passionate DIY folks, and innovative designers could gather, share, and grow.

Now, with LampizatOr making waves in the market, Lukasz is busier than ever. But he hasn't forgotten where he started. He's still out there, nurturing the next generation of bright minds, mentoring them, and hosting those his monthly “beginner audio clinics” for children as his part in keeping the future of high end audio promising.

1697819326725.png

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Love to see a number of lid off shots of the Poseidon.

Why?

Just to see the design and component quality used and ensure it remains stable over time.

But mainly so that buyer's actually know with certainty what they are going to get if they go for it.

Whilst cheap Chinese tubes can to some extent be justified on the basis people are going to swap them, cheap shit under the cover is not acceptable.

Mamon

Apr 13, 2021
Russia
Poseidon
A New Reference by LampizatOr

We rode the waves of success with our iconic “Horizon DAC”, which raised the bar higher than we ever thought possible for digital sound. But then, we faced a challenge. With all we have learned and discovered in creating the Horizon, the gap between our flagship and the rest of the line was too large.

Of course our statement piece should stand above and beyond the rest of our line, however, with all we have learned, and my own personal philosophy of wanting to bring audio pleasure to all, even those not operating in the highest of budgets, we have decided to trickle down much of what we have learned to create The Poseidon DAC, inspired by the Greek God of the Sea, bringing you closer to the horizon of audio pleasure, with Introductory Pricing at half the price of the Horizon DAC.

This DAC will share substantial DNA with the Horizon, in terms of sound quality, aesthetics, build quality and the ability to bring musical joy to even the most hardcore of analog fans. It aims to not only compete with, but better, any DAC at any price, outside of our own product line, at a cost accessible to a wide audience.

Poseidon will single handedly replace 3 DAC models in 4 variations each, all together 12
DAC models. It is a huge task next to impossible. From Big7 SE to the beloved Pacific DAC.

Why Poseidon

• Inherits the glorious design style of the Horizon.
• Customizable aesthetics! Choose between the sleek Silver Sahara and the enigmatic Black Hole.
• Replaces 12 of our DAC models – A monumental achievement!
• Approaches the Horizon’s unmatched sound quality, ready to serenade even the staunchest analog purists.

Innovations Galore!

1. New Remote Control & OLED Display – Control and clarity right at your fingertips!
2. Vast Array of Tube Options – Customize your audio experience to perfection.
3. Integrated Volume Control – First-of-its-kind, right within the tube scheme.
4. Record-Breaking Impedance Levels – implementing our highest input and lowest output impedance levels ever maximum compatibility with most every system.
5. A redesigned auto mute circuit minimizing digital artifacts

A Closer Look at the Tube Compliment

Features the precision of the 6N1P (Soviet Army) input and I/V conversion stage.
Packed with 12 triodes, including the trusted 5U4G rectifier, 4 double triodes, and 4 single triodes. A robust amplification stage to ensure crystal-clear audio output.

Crafted especially for Poseidon, the 11.X engine boasts:

• Software-driven & firmware configurable setup.
• Complete isolation from USB and i2S lines.
• Ultra-precise clocking mechanism.
• Supports DSD512 and PCM 768 kHz as standard.

The Poseidon is a true reference level source. We have implemented everything we have learned to date within our operating budget to bring a solution that stands above all competitors sonically, aesthetically and in terms of heirloom quality build.

This thread can serve as the de facto information thread for sharing information, impressions and inquiring about the Poseidon.

And now for a sneak peek of the brand new chassis. Kindly note the machined aluminum in these images is raw.:
Lukasz,
the trade-in program be available for Lamp owners ?
What are the waiting times for order production ?

Reactions: NightTiger

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing