MIT Oracle V1.3 HR speaker cable

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I know someone who is using them and couldn't wait to dump Kubala from his system. I am starting to get intrigued by these network box wires. I really thought I had put cables to bed after full Valhalla upgrade. I am starting to rethink Valhalla for my speakers and considering this model from MIT. Looks like I can get a demo too. Who else has experience with this cable ? TIA

http://dagogo.com/mit-oracle-v1-3-hr-speaker-interface-and-oracle-matrix-50-proline-xlr-review

Attachments

• MIT-OracleV1_3HR-1.jpg
    MIT-OracleV1_3HR-1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,625
I know someone who is using them and couldn't wait to dump Kubala from his system. I am starting to get intrigued by these network box wires. I really thought I had put cables to bed after full Valhalla upgrade. I am starting to rethink Valhalla for my speakers and considering this model from MIT. Looks like I can get a demo too. Who else has experience with this cable ? TIA

http://dagogo.com/mit-oracle-v1-3-hr-speaker-interface-and-oracle-matrix-50-proline-xlr-review

I have been using the MIT MAX-2 for some time. I was floored from the first minute:p Think this will happen to you 2. Happy listening!

If more "articulation points" imply better sound, then the Matrix series are a better value, and the difference is that they use surface-mount resistors and other components which lowers the cost, whereas the "old" Oracle shown above use traditional through-hole components. Having switched to the Matrix, I can share nirodha's sentiments. Truth of timbre from the Spectral/MIT combo is frighteningly realistic, but this also implies timbre is accurate from upstream from upstream components and cables.

If more "articulation points" imply better sound, then the Matrix series are a better value, and the difference is that they use surface-mount resistors and other components which lowers the cost, whereas the "old" Oracle shown above use traditional through-hole components. Having switched to the Matrix, I can share nirodha's sentiments. Truth of timbre from the Spectral/MIT combo is frighteningly realistic, but this also implies timbre is accurate from upstream from upstream components and cables.

The V1.3HR was updated in 2011. I wouldn't consider that old. It's network and the MA-X Super HD are constructed differently than the Matrix. Matrix uses cheaper components surface mounted on a circuit board. V1.3HR and MA-X SuperHD uses better components and point to point wiring. More articulation points don't necessarily correlate to better sound in all cases.

I used lat 2 year MIT Oracle MA-X2 HD speaker cable and now i use MA-X SHD. It is great cable, the best speaker cable i ever heard but prices are....!!

The V1.3HR was updated in 2011. I wouldn't consider that old. It's network and the MA-X Super HD are constructed differently than the Matrix. Matrix uses cheaper components surface mounted on a circuit board. V1.3HR and MA-X SuperHD uses better components and point to point wiring. More articulation points don't necessarily correlate to better sound in all cases.

Thanks, good to know. BTW, the through-hole construction is evident in the pictures of the MA-X interconnect included in their brochures, also featured in a TAS issue on these cable years ago. The review cited is one the best I have ever read, with profound claims by MIT, like preference for shorter interconnects and longer speaker cables.

I used lat 2 year MIT Oracle MA-X2 HD speaker cable and now i use MA-X SHD. It is great cable, the best speaker cable i ever heard but prices are....!!

I was told MIT now has MA-X SHD ICs available. An INSANE, at least to me, $22,349.00 for 1.5M!

I was also told the MA-X SHD speaker cable is going from $39,999 to $49,999 tomorrow.

Last edited:
After one session your mind could not understand why are too many cables if this is the best yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 1,579
I was also told the MA-X SHD speaker cable is going from $39,999 to $49,999 tomorrow.

Yes, apparently the cost of manufacturing shot up by 25% overnight.

Can someone please explain the "Std. Definition" and "High Definition" switch on the cable box?

Can someone please explain the "Std. Definition" and "High Definition" switch on the cable box?

It's in the review

From the MIT website:

Fractional Articulation Technology and HD Switching
With the simple turn of the selector switch, you can move from “Standard definition” to “High definition” to “Super High definition” mode by activating Fractional Articulation Technology (F.A.T.).
F.A.T. enables these interfaces to retrieve additional information that resides within each octave of the musical signal, forming individual images with crisp detail and without artificial hardness. Smooth and liquid from top to bottom, F.A.T. precisely extracts information lost by JUST cables, rendering incredible detail and solid image placement with more lifelike transients than ever thought possible.
The result: improved timbre, texture and unparalleled detail, while preserving all of the delicate spatial information associated with Maximum Articulation.

From the MIT website:

Fractional Articulation Technology and HD Switching
With the simple turn of the selector switch, you can move from “Standard definition” to “High definition” to “Super High definition” mode by activating Fractional Articulation Technology (F.A.T.).
F.A.T. enables these interfaces to retrieve additional information that resides within each octave of the musical signal, forming individual images with crisp detail and without artificial hardness. Smooth and liquid from top to bottom, F.A.T. precisely extracts information lost by JUST cables, rendering incredible detail and solid image placement with more lifelike transients than ever thought possible.
The result: improved timbre, texture and unparalleled detail, while preserving all of the delicate spatial information associated with Maximum Articulation.

Kind of what I thought the explanation would be which makes me wonder why you would have a switch in the signal path? Who wouldn't want "High Definition" or "Super High Definition?" Does anybody really spend $40-$50K on a set of speaker cables and throw the magic switch to the "Std. Definition" position? It just strikes me as a tad silly. And I say this as someone that owns MIT speaker cables with impedance boxes, I'm just at the bottom of their totem pole.

Kind of what I thought the explanation would be which makes me wonder why you would have a switch in the signal path? Who wouldn't want "High Definition" or "Super High Definition?" Does anybody really spend $40-$50K on a set of speaker cables and throw the magic switch to the "Std. Definition" position? It just strikes me as a tad silly. And I say this as someone that owns MIT speaker cables with impedance boxes, I'm just at the bottom of their totem pole.

It will be interesting. I am still on the fence as to whether I will go through with a demo. The standard def switch may be for not so good sounding music...where in the hi-rez position, the bad artifacts may come out more than one would want. This is a just a guess though.

It will be interesting. I am still on the fence as to whether I will go through with a demo. The standard def switch may be for not so good sounding music...where in the hi-rez position, the bad artifacts may come out more than one would want. This is a just a guess though.

Suggest you call MIT and ask for the sane person in there; let's see how long they'll put you on hold for.

I know that Joe Abrams is a distributor, but I have worked with Joe on numerous occasions and find him to be exceptionally helpful and kind.

I'm working with Joe. He's great. I wish all dealers were as helpful.

And I can only offer, don't knock these things, at least the speaker cables, unless you've tried them. I was extremely skeptical until I tried them last week.
Don't know about the switch, how it works or what's inside. Don't really care. Only care about the way they sound. And they sound AMAZING!
Of course I'm not spending $50K. Joe sells the V1.3HR for $18K. Still no small change but in the grand scheme of things, a better deal I haven't had in a while. To me, they're that good.
And he will let you try them out for 45 days if you want. Full money back. It only took me a couple of days to decide I had to have them and they're not even close to broken in yet.

I'm working with Joe. He's great. I wish all dealers were as helpful.

And I can only offer, don't knock these things, at least the speaker cables, unless you've tried them. I was extremely skeptical until I tried them last week.
Don't know about the switch, how it works or what's inside. Don't really care. Only care about the way they sound. And they sound AMAZING!
Of course I'm not spending $50K. Joe sells the V1.3HR for $18K. Still no small change but in the grand scheme of things, a better deal I haven't had in a while. To me, they're that good.
And he will let you try them out for 45 days if you want. Full money back. It only took me a couple of days to decide I had to have them and they're not even close to broken in yet.

Are you goiing to use small podiums or the like to elevate and isolate the boxes from the ground ? I would imagine on the IC side, it my take some creativity to place the boxes behind th component rack or have a dedicated shelf in the rack for the boxes. Thanks for chiming in on this thread Frank.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing