MIT Oracle V1.3 HR speaker cable

I'm using Transparent with my Sashas, based on the fact that were much better than my Purist Audio Design and the highly reputed synergy with Wilson (and many recommendations). I would love to know how MIT compares.

I'm using Transparent with my Sashas, based on the fact that were much better than my Purist Audio Design and the highly reputed synergy with Wilson (and many recommendations). I would love to know how MIT compares.

Looks like I may try the Oracle v1.3 HR soon. I know my speakers are wired internally with transparent, but they are never discounted much...I refuse to entertain $40,000 speakers wires. It's the one last bit of sanity I have left in this obsessive hobby. Online, the 50% off for MIT seems very appealing.

I've used MIT products for many years, way too many models/lines to list. I currently use the upper tier stuff with Spectral/Sasha's. I would be looking at the Matrix cable way before spending that kind of cash (and I have had the V. line). I'm also not so sure it's going to give you a true impression of what the cables are capable of without using them with similar MIT ic's, at least that has been my experience. Will they be good? Yes, I think they will but they will not sound at all what they would with similar ic's.

As for your/our speakers being wired with Transparent, personally I think that is meaningless. What makes cables like MIT or Transparent go are the networks, not at all the wire itself which is what is deep within those giant shiny speakers. Pretty sure there are no network boxes in there! Same with the concept that they show together. We could look back over the years and find plenty of shows with Wilson/MIT along with a few other combo's right? Just my 2 cents!

Whatever you do I think it's great that you are giving them a go. I really have not found anything quite like them and consider them essential to my system's performance.

I've used MIT products for many years, way too many models/lines to list. I currently use the upper tier stuff with Spectral/Sasha's. I would be looking at the Matrix cable way before spending that kind of cash (and I have had the V. line). I'm also not so sure it's going to give you a true impression of what the cables are capable of without using them with similar MIT ic's, at least that has been my experience. Will they be good? Yes, I think they will but they will not sound at all what they would with similar ic's.

As for your/our speakers being wired with Transparent, personally I think that is meaningless. What makes cables like MIT or Transparent go are the networks, not at all the wire itself which is what is deep within those giant shiny speakers. Pretty sure there are no network boxes in there! Same with the concept that they show together. We could look back over the years and find plenty of shows with Wilson/MIT along with a few other combo's right? Just my 2 cents!

Whatever you do I think it's great that you are giving them a go. I really have not found anything quite like them and consider them essential to my system's performance.

Agreed on all counts, especially on trying the Matrix over the online offerings. Moreover, one has to read the MIT patents to appreciate the level of thinking that goes into these _interfaces_; and why anyone else's lack of similar technological patents is what sets MIT far apart, though not necessarily to everyone's liking. On Transparent, if all there is in their boxes is a Zobel network as people have claimed, then how do they justify their prices?

Will they be good? Yes, I think they will but they will not sound at all what they would with similar ic's.

The logical progression for me would be to see if they blow me away in the speaker wire dept., then work backwards from amp to pre, then source. If you do it all at once, you will never really know where the greatest impact was.

I'm on day 8 of a MIT recommended 2 week burn in of the Oracle V1.3HR speaker cables. Days 6 & 7 weren't so hot. They definitely took a step backward.
I got home a little over an hour ago and sat down to see what progress was made since last night and....... WOW!
I'm not proud to say I've been through more than one pair of six figure loudspeakers and 4 or 5 sets of $40K+ amplifiers over the years but dare I say, these speaker cables might be the single greatest component upgrade I have ever experienced. The soundstage alone with layering, width, depth and the appearance of 3 dimensional instruments on the stage is staggering to me. I've heard it before but nothing like this.
There's supposedly six days of burn in left, can they really get better?

Again, I'm on the bottom rung of MIT speaker cables. I just made a trade-in with Joe Abrams with my Shotgun S3 bi-wire cables for a pair of S1.3 bi-wire cables. Joe just ordered the new cables from MIT so it will be awhile until I get them. I was given a very fair trade-in price for my "old" cables toward the new ones. I'm looking forward to hearing the new ones. I can't say enough good things about Joe Abrams. I find him to be an honorable man who gives good advice about your system and what will work best for your budget.

I'm on day 8 of a MIT recommended 2 week burn in of the Oracle V1.3HR speaker cables. Days 6 & 7 weren't so hot. They definitely took a step backward.
I got home a little over an hour ago and sat down to see what progress was made since last night and....... WOW!
I'm not proud to say I've been through more than one pair of six figure loudspeakers and 4 or 5 sets of $40K+ amplifiers over the years but dare I say, these speaker cables might be the single greatest component upgrade I have ever experienced. The soundstage alone with layering, width, depth and the appearance of 3 dimensional instruments on the stage is staggering to me. I've heard it before but nothing like this.
There's supposedly six days of burn in left, can they really get better?
Gets better, almost twice
blown your mind is the least expected

yeah, Joe gets a call tomorrow. Time to get with the program...

Only problem is I gotta get up at 5am tomorrow and its 11:30pm but I don't want turn the darn thing off.

I went to the MIT cable website. What is the difference between the online products and the products only avail in store? The v1.3 is the top line cable online...but there is something else that is top line in store. Thanks for any guidance.

I went to the MIT cable website. What is the difference between the online products and the products only avail in store? The v1.3 is the top line cable online...but there is something else that is top line in store. Thanks for any guidance.

from their FAQ:

Why is there an Online Dealer Price Book?

We sell our products through many different venues. Some of our products are only available by going into a "brick and mortar" store. Others are available only online. So we publish on online price book for our consumers to be able to research on the products before they buy over the internet.

What are the differences between MIT’s MA (Maximum Articulation) cables, sold through our “brick and mortar” dealer network, and our 2C3D (2 Channel 3 Dimensional) cables, sold on the Internet through our Online Dealers? We offer the following to lend clarification:

2C3D Series
2C3D is a technology pioneered by Bruce Brisson of MIT Cables. As the name suggests, 2C3D was engineered to create a believable three dimensional soundstage from a two channel system. The 2C3D technology offers the optimal balance between detail, imaging and soundstage. 2C3D makes it easy to identify each of the individual instruments and voices within a well defined soundstage, at any volume level. The latest iteration of 2C3D technology can be found in MIT Cables’ (just released) Generation 3 series speaker cables and interconnects.

The 2C3D product line includes all series one, series two (Oracle V1.2, for example) and Generation 3 (Shotgun S1.3, for example) speaker cables and interconnects.

View the Gen 3 product line. | Try Gen 3 in your home.

MA Series
MA technology takes the 2C3D technology to a different performance level. While the MA offers a similar balance between detail, imaging and sound staging, it is designed to focus more on timbre and texture. Timbre simply describes the quality of a sound as defined by its harmonics, inharmonics and overtones. Also, timbre is sometimes defined as tone color, but tone is better defined as pitch. Texture would describe the layering of sounds on top of each other. More harmonics would mean that more layers (texture) can be recognized. The Maximum Articulation networks create a sense of being in the same “air space” as the live performance, as compared to being able to “see” the images in a high definition format. MIT accomplishes this by placing articulation along the audio bandwidth for the purpose of controlling and preserving more of the harmonic structure. For more on articulation poles, please see our Reference Library.

The MA product line includes the AVt MA, Shotgun MA, Magnum MA, and Oracle MA product families.

View the MA product line.

Comparison
2C3D: Imagine yourself in the back row of an auditorium listening to your favorite piece of live music. 2C3D technology effectively picks you up and places you right in the exact sweet spot of the auditorium. You are then able to perfectly experience the directionality and dimensionality of the performance. This is the 2C3D experience.

Maximum Articulation: imagine standing up and walking directly onto the front of the stage, with the band. Along with a three dimensional soundstage that is in front of you, the soundstage now feels much closer to you because every instrument and every voice has full timbre and texture . This is the MA experience.

Which is better? Like most things, the answer to that question is entirely subjective. Some audiophiles report that they enjoy the 2C3D image because it more closely resembles listening to music at a live venue. Others, however, report that the MA image is so liquid and enveloping, that they feel more like part of the performance. So, you can be in the audience watching and listening, or part of the performance as it is unfolding!
http://www.mitcables.com/reference-library/ma-vs-2c3d.html

Series for dealers like MA-X, MA-X2 and MA-X SHD are higher class, more advanced and performance than online models.

I tend to agree with sly30 for the most part although MIT is not going to come right out and say this (for obvious reasons). They do strongly elude to it if you read carefully, for example "MA technology takes the 2C3D technology to a different performance level". This is old text too as they really don't use "MA" much anymore, just a few models now. I think it's sort of like the SD/HD switch on the upper tier speaker cables, the online stuff being more akin to the SD position, the Matrix more like the HD position. I think the majority of people that have those switches keep them firmly set on HD, of course I do not know this for fact. Why pay for 120 poles and keep the device set at 90. Regardless, it is all very confusing!

In the end, I sure love the heck out of mine:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing