Munich show 2023 Hifideluxe and MOC .

The question is that I asked specifically for speakers that Vladimir Lamm used regularly with the ML3 either at his home or at the factory. Everyone knows about was used at shows ... :rolleyes:

Is that the amplifier he used to listen to at home? Ask David. He might know about the speakers and amplifier used at home.

Why would anyone use a drum solo for a speaker demo - other than to demonstrate attack & decay. For voice & instrument reproduction the Kawero's were my choice from the VIDS you have posted on this page...

I think a drum solo can be very informative. You can listen for dynamics, scale, weight, impact, timbre over the full range, nuance, balance, basically how natural a drum set sounds. A member here and on Audiogon wrote that all you need to do is listen to the first 20 seconds of the Sheffield drum track to understand if the system is competent or not.

Yes, it was quite good I thought. The Ypsilon gear is really excellent as well.
On the 2nd video, the Blues Company track, I thought it sounded a tad coagulated/lifeless, guess that was digital playback?

I think a drum solo can be very informative. You can listen for dynamics, scale, weight, impact, timbre over the full range, nuance, balance, basically how natural a drum set sounds. A member here and on Audiogon wrote that all you need to do is listen to the first 20 seconds of the Sheffield drum track to understand if the system is competent or not.

I'll take piano &/or vocals for determining if playback is up to scratch or not - then test the playback with a complex music piece - I'll leave the drum test for others to use...

Gosh, I want all of that for system evaluation. A single track for evaluation of a system is a poor proposition, period. That's why you have to go back several times at a show if you really are trying to get a good hint, not just a drive-by.

Reactions: bonzo75 and Rob181
Curious that no one in WBF refers to the Devore system playing in Munich - acquaintances who went there referred to me it was sounding nice.

the O96 are excellent value speakers, not all out, but excellent. The room with the premium model with 2 additional woofer boxes (and where the main speaker is also meant to be different though visually it is similar) sounded poor in 2019 but that would have been a poor room for O96 as well. O96 need space around them and amplification used matters. I have no idea how it sounded now but small speakers don’t seem cool for a forum where people think bigger the better

I've liked the O96's and o93'sin the past, and ducked into the Devore room to hear, but they were only showing their Baby's and Micro's this year. I heard the Baby's on two separate stops, and I did not hear anything special, not like their bigger brothers, IMO.

And not loony toons money at sub £15K

and great used price. I think all premium big speaker owners should move their speaker to the side for a short period, and play O96 and NAF2a3 for a few days to get a paradigm shift. They can all afford it

Reactions: crosswind
nd great used price. I think all premium big speaker owners should move their speaker to the side for a short period, and play O96 and NAF2a3 for a few days to get a paradigm shift. They can all afford it
Well … Certainly not slumming it .

Nice to see 'morricab' that you list the 'Living Voice' / 'Definitive Audio' / 'SJ Electroacoustics' system at no. 8) in your top 10 systems.

Hoping I will be able to see and hear this very system at the North West Hifi Show in the UK (this show normally held in June / July) :)
Unfortunately we won't be at the NW Audio Show this year

• Sad
Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy
Unfortunately we won't be at the NW Audio Show this year
Hi 'sjs',
Thank you for letting me know that your good self and 'Living Voice' / 'Definitive Audio' wont be at this years NW Audio Show. Much appreciated (although also sad you won't be there !).

Are you guys planning to go to any other HiFi shows this year in the UK with the system(s) you took to Munich this year ?

Room: 22.5' long x 14.75' wide (speakers arrayed along this) x 7.75' high.
I listen to everything, all over the map, but I atteng ~20 - 30 classical concerts a year and listen to a lot of classical, which really drives my appreciation of timbre, etc. But if Black Sabbath doesn't sound great, too, then I don't want it.
I'm not quite sure what you are meaning by "source objective". I do know that the Technics is going. I heard the top-level Sikora TT with DSAudio cartridge and preamp in comparison to virtually the identical digital front end I have, and I heard that there is quite a bit more music to be had on the vinyl side. I will be amending that in my system, I'm pretty sure.

as the horns I recommend are usually bespoke, for commercial speakers before you try horns I would recommend auditioning the Sigma MAAT Vector, but in the Pescara system, three hour drive from Rome airport. Coastal city, so you can even take your wife telling her just for a coastal holiday in Italy. I have clearly described the benefits of the speaker below. For those who cannot afford the Kondo could try with lower priced SETs plus biamping

Thread 'Zero Distortion: Sigma MAAT speakers, Kondo, Koda, NAT Magma and Lamm hybrid amps, Kondo GInga vs Da Vinci tables'
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...id-amps-kondo-ginga-vs-da-vinci-tables.35577/

Reactions: jbrrp1 and Argonaut

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing