My San Francisco System- WBF Members Welcome.

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
Nothern California Wine Country
Recently, I established a 2nd residence in SF and have set up a new system based on Sound Lab 's latest and smallest electrostatic speakers, the Ultimate 545's. Given my love of electrostatics, and the small size of the room, this has proven to be an ideal choice. Today, I took delivery of a new pair of Pass Labs XA-60.8 amps, replacing Aye MXR Twenty's, and am extremely pleased. WBF members who would like to hear the system would be welcome. Please send a PM.
Tom

speakers.jpg

I have always wanted to hear SoundLab speakers. I will take you up on your offer when I visit San Francisco.

Sound Labs are not advertised nor easily auditioned. I have encountered many audiophiles who say they heard them once long ago, and they remember the experience vividly and fondly. Let me know when you are next in SF. I am listed on their website.
Thanks,
Tom

Congratulations, Tom! It looks like a wonderful system!

I remember hearing a pair of Sound Labs at a Stereophile Audio Show in Los Angeles several years ago. For me, it was easily the best sounding, transparent, goose-bumped presentation at the hotel. I'll always remember the French version of Les Miserables being played. Oo-la-la.

I love Sound Labs. I am always a pest at the Sound Lab demos at shows, hanging around to listen at length.

W&T, thanks for your response, and yes, that is something I have heard before. As a long time planar lover, 20 years ago, my research led me to Sound Lab speakers. I bought my 1st pair off Audiogon, unheard, and have never regretted it. Having become a dealer, and experiencing many different models over the years, my enthusiasm has only increased. They have only gotten better! And, with the current 545 versions, a large measure of the magic is now possible in a much smaller package. They are not for every listener, but I continue to be thrilled. IMHO they are the speaker for the true music lover.

I love Sound Labs. I am always a pest at the Sound Lab demos at shows, hanging around to listen at length.

It's too bad they have not had greater exposure. I hope to remedy that, at least in the San Francisco Bay Area.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing