New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

LBJ gets heavily criticized for switching team at the end of his contract, and here people are wishing Lillard good luck for demanding a trade in the middle of his contract. shouldn’t he be criticized as well ?

IMHO, nobody should get criticized for controlling his future. If you want to be a champion and you feel your current team is not doing what it is supposed to do to get there, it is your right to seek employment somewhere else. same way teams trade you when you don’t fit their future plans (Smart dying his hair green and loyal to Boston, and got traded).. NBA is big business, both for team and players.

even kids who want to be a doctor leave McDonalds (usual first employer)
Hi Dim

IMO there is just no comparison between Dame who has given his entire career to the Blazers and never once complained whereas LBJ has become a journeyman chasing his legacy and rings. Apples and oranges comparison yet I do agree that a player should be allowed to request a trade. Whether the team honors the request is a different story. Case in point was Jerry Buss telling Kobe to do you know what when he demanded a trade. Personally I can't wait for LBJ to demand the trade to whatever team drafts Bronnie. The Lakers have IMO put together a very decent team for next year that should allow for load management for LBJ and AD. Plus the Lakers have proved they can win without him Finally the signing of Reaves and Hachimura brings smiles to my face

Last edited:
After the play in format, now comes the 'in season' tournament. I really wonder what this thing is for, or what it proves. A 'champion of the in season' ? Another trophy? Wow, this really smacks of the WWE wherein there is a World Heavyweight champion and an Intercontinental champion. I just remember these things from the 80s. :D

With all due respect, your use of the term "woke" is just silly and (sorry) lazy when we are talking about a for-profit business. Silver makes no decision that doesn't reflect their desire to improve the bottom line. The owners in the league, who he serves, who are his employers, have no ulterior motive other than making money and winning championships. He's pro profit. Nothing else.

People just don't seem to like the free market when it moves in directions that don't suit their aesthetics.
I respectfully disagree. Silver is not anywhere in the same league as David Stern. And yes Silver is woke. Easy to prove.

Summer league is televised here today and I watched the Lakers beat Charlotte. I have to admit that these young kids looked really good and played good defense. Some of these kids are very tall and very thin. Good talent and Pelinka was smiling as he watched from the stands. Lakers finally seem to have a starting team with some great prospects that will come off the bench. Plus these kids were very fast on their feet

Lakers 2-0 in Summer League.

it was good to read that Pop will be with the Spurs for another 5 years

Gregg Popovich signs 5-year extension with Spurs

The future Naismith Hall of Fame inductee will continue his career with the San Antonio Spurs as coach and president.

Reactions: jadis
Wenby's second game. Awesome impressive!

Reactions: Steve Williams
I happened to watch the Spurs Blazers summer league game.yesterday. The end to the game was special watching Victor Wembanyama drop 27 points. This kid is so tall .He is going to be a phenom in the league. He also seems to be a good kid with a wonderful personality

I happened to watch the Spurs Blazers summer league game.yesterday. The end to the game was special watching Victor Wembanyama drop 27 points. This kid is so tall .He is going to be a phenom in the league. He also seems to be a good kid with a wonderful personality
Always wanting these kids know succeed. Maybe the next face of the NBA.

I must admit that I was impressed with the Lakers young new draft picks. These kids are very tall and very fast and had no problem getting to the basket. Their layups however left much to be desired but they won the game and are 2-0 in the Summer league

Always wanting these kids know succeed. Maybe the next face of the NBA.
I enjoyed reading about his encounter with Brittany Spears who saw him and wanted to take a photo with him. She tried to grab him and his security guard quickly flicked her hand off such that she ended up slapping herself. She tried to file assault charges if you can believe it but the incident was dropped by the police. His first shot at fame........ :cool:

• Haha
I thought this was a smart (excuse the pun) analysis

How Marcus Smart Fits In With The Grizzlies
Did Memphis send a 'quiet message' to Ja Morant when it got Marcus Smart -- a leader who'll keep everyone accountable?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing