Official Thread to Report Bugs, Concerns or Suggestions With The New Site Platform

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Co-Owner, Administrator
I thought with the launch of the new site there will be many questions as well as suggestions. Certainly bugs should be reported here as well.

CAN YOU LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE LESS PERMISSIONS?

In the import from vBulletin some odd things have occured with some member permissions, resulting in lost member status (Industry Expert, for example) and no edit options to posts etc. Members in fact now have more options and facilities to add images, style text and order folders. Once we get the odd permission glitch sorted, it should be all good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Williams

Oct 22, 2011
Ever since I subscribed I have had a "new message" indicator in my inbox even though there was none there. Now it is gone! I am happy.

Steve Williams

FWIW I was unable to access my PM's for the past 6 months on the old site. No problem now

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Nice to wake up to this new look. On the mobile, I get the same look, guess that is not a cut-down mobile version like before (when I used to prefer clicking the desktop site to view site as normal on the mobile rather than the mobile view)

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
My signature link to my system seems to want to take me to the old site, I can get to it (getting the old interface) but cannot add to the thread,

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I fixed the link my signature. Seems like everyone needs to do this.

We are looking at this, to try and set redirects. Will come back on it. But so far... epic job, I am exhausted.... don't ask how long it took!
But having said that Head-fi.org had a nightmare moving, and had months of issues. We have tried to avoid that by doing a design test on Xenforo, then a full dummy site with all the data which was imported 2 weeks ago. Then the actual move wednesday.

Next up, we are looking at a member systems gallery. Plus we want to encourage members to post product reviews, as we can now promote those as pages and put the previews on the home page. Lots more options down the track.

Basically vBulletin was 9 years old and a dead end for us. Now we can all energise the forum more, and with your help guys....

Apr 7, 2016
Where's the small icon that brings you directly to the oldest unread message within a thread?

Nevermind.... I just realized that clicking on the title automatically brings your there....

My RMAF thread ended up not surviving the switch. Should I redo or do you think your DBA can find a way to revive it?

Steve Williams

I feel badly about that Joshua. Let me look into it for you as it was a terrific thread

Steve,

Where are the page numbers for each thread?
They are at the top and the bottom of the list as little numbered boxes, and you can click in the ... box if there lots of pages.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Would be nice if the Activity steam auto refreshed every few seconds