Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

Dallas-RLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone that is interested the Kondo Kaguras do not have a problem listening at 90db-95db peaks (louder than I normally listen) driving the M7s. I was surprised. The Kaguras drove the new S3 fine, but the M7s being more efficient could be felt in the weight and body of the sound of the M7s with the Kaguras.

I do not know the impedance curves for the S3s or the M7s but from listening it does not seem that there is an impedance dip that I could detect by listening. Big full bodied sound and I'm using the 8 ohm taps, which I always prefer over the 4 ohm taps.

The Amperex 211s probably help the situation. They are strong.

IMG_5971.jpg

For anyone that is interested the Kondo Kaguras do not have a problem listening at 90db-95db peaks (louder than I normally listen) driving the M7s. I was surprised. The Kaguras drove the new S3 fine, but the M7s being more efficient could be felt in the weight and body of the sound of the M7s with the Kaguras.

I do not know the impedance curves for the S3s or the M7s but from listening it does not seem that there is an impedance dip that I could detect by listening. Big full bodied sound and I'm using the 8 ohm taps, which I always prefer over the 4 ohm taps.

The Amperex 211s probably help the situation. They are strong.

View attachment 127966
Nice systems!

What do you expect to bring to Axpona?

Not really all that focused on Axpona although we have Pilium in the Magico room.

I am involved in five different rooms at Munich.
You are not going to sell your stuffs in Europe.

Why five rooms at Munich?

Just for your ego?

You had better spend more time on Axpona since most of your customers are in US.

You are not going to sell your stuffs in Europe.

Why five rooms at Munich?

Just for your ego?

You had better spend more time on Axpona since most of your customers are in US.
Do you attend Munich? And thank you for the advice. Much appreciated. Yes, it's for my ego AND-

Last year at Munich I sold three sets of speakers two of them $200K/pair and one pair $180K. I also sold a $50K complete Taiko Extreme server/switch/router and then two complete sets (pre/amps) from Pilium. All of these sales were to customers from the US.

At Munich 2023 I also investigated and Rhapsody became the exclusive US representative for two new brands (Odeon and Lorenzo) . With 550 rooms you get to see all the vendors from Asia, Euro and the US and meet the owners/designers of these products.

I also engaged with David Hyman and through David visiting our Alsyvox/Taiko/Pilium room, David became the Rhapsody California location. This only happened because of our Alsyvox room and my involvement in specifically this room.

I've been going to Munich since it started and it's the Audio Mecca for me personally. I import and represent 15+ brands from Euro and Asia as well and the best part of Munich is socializing with all of the vendors/friends that I work closely with year round but usually only get to spend time with for a week during the Munich show.

Regarding Axpona, it's a fun great show for the US. The size of the available rooms does not allow for Rhapsody to bring any of the speakers that we would want to show. If we could secure one of the larger rooms we would participate in Axpona.

We also have six locations in the US so people that want to hear the brands that we represent can usually find a location near them. Plus customers hear the systems that we represent in well set up rooms vs at a show.

I have had rooms at Axpona in the past and a few other US shows and never sold anything. Waste of time for Rhapsody and we focus on Munich for all of the explained reasons. I think that it has to do with the many Euro/Asia brands that Rhspdody represents, but who knows? I just do what works for Rhapsody and of course my ego:)

Do you attend Munich? And thank you for the advice. Much appreciated. Yes, it's for my ego AND-

Last year at Munich I sold three sets of speakers two of them $200K/pair and one pair $180K. I also sold a $50K complete Taiko Extreme server/switch/router and then two complete sets (pre/amps) from Pilium. All of these sales were to customers from the US.

At Munich 2023 I also investigated and Rhapsody became the exclusive US representative for two new brands (Odeon and Lorenzo) . With 550 rooms you get to see all the vendors from Asia, Euro and the US and meet the owners/designers of these products.

I also engaged with David Hyman and through David visiting our Alsyvox/Taiko/Pilium room, David became the Rhapsody California location. This only happened because of our Alsyvox room and my involvement in specifically this room.

I've been going to Munich since it started and it's the Audio Mecca for me personally. I import and represent 15+ brands from Euro and Asia as well and the best part of Munich is socializing with all of the vendors/friends that I work closely with year round but usually only get to spend time with for a week during the Munich show.

Regarding Axpona, it's a fun great show for the US. The size of the available rooms does not allow for Rhapsody to bring any of the speakers that we would want to show. If we could secure one of the larger rooms we would participate in Axpona.

We also have six locations in the US so people that want to hear the brands that we represent can usually find a location near them. Plus customers hear the systems that we represent in well set up rooms vs at a show.

I have had rooms at Axpona in the past and a few other US shows and never sold anything. Waste of time for Rhapsody and we focus on Munich for all of the explained reasons. I think that it has to do with the many Euro/Asia brands that Rhspdody represents, but who knows? I just do what works for Rhapsody and of course my ego:)
If Munich work out for your busniss, it is fine.

It had been 24 years since I visited Munich last time on business to meet my client.

But this year I plan to visit Korea on May to see my newborn twin granddaughters and to attend opening ceremony of WE vintage audio museum on May 30th.

Maybe I will attend Munich show next year. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobvin
If Munich work out for your busnisse, it is fine.

It had been 24 years since I visited Munich last time on business to meet my client.

But this year I plan to go to Korea on May to see my newborn twin granddaughters and to attend opening ceremony of WE vintage audio museum on May 30th.

Maybe I will attend Munich show next year. :)
I highly recommend anyone that loves Audio to attend the Munich show. It’s La La Land. Imho

Last edited:
I recorded the same two tracks that are above with the Kaguras this time with the Pilium Olympus/Zeus combination. Be careful because these two videos were just uploaded and in a few hours on YT the sound is noticeably better vs when first uploaded and all of the background process has not yet completed.

Magico M7, Pilium Olympus/Zeus, Taiko Extreme, Esoteric K1X, VYDA cables​

Last edited:
I recorder the same two tracks that are above with the Kaguras this time with the Pilium Olympus/Zeus combination.

Magico M7, Pilium Olympus/Zeus, Taiko Extreme, Esoteric K1X, VYDA cables​

Just to clarify for me, the Esoteric K1X is being used as the DAC? Audio streamed from the Taiko Extreme? Thanks

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing