SET amp owners thread

Last edited:
Clarity and detail of monitors with the weight and warmth of much bigger speakers. Must be positioned in corners in my experience.
Did you have a chance to hear Eufrodites, which are the smaller brother of these? I would be able to put mine close to corners (I have Odeon fully horn loaded speakers now that also need corners for bass reinforcement). Given the mid and tweeter are the same, just fewer woofers and obviously smaller cabinet, would you say they are pretty close or is there a huge gap in performance with Agalame?

Reactions: Klonk
View attachment 104677
can you tell I love SETS? 3 very different sounding SETs
impressive setup. Can you tell us what the amps are? Also, what are you doing for your deep bass because I guess the midbass horn goes to what? 100 hz or so?

Reactions: Dimfer
are those Sierra brooks horns
Sort of.. Victor Sierra of Sierra Brooks went solo and was doing very little speakers for a few friends to take care of their family business.. I think that’s about to change and he will be doing more audio again. chances are you will see more of his creations here at WBF as he is in contact with a respected WBF member ;)

Reactions: christoph
Sort of.. Victor Sierra of Sierra Brooks went solo and was doing very little speakers for a few friends to take care of their family business.. I think that’s about to change and he will be doing more audio again. chances are you will see more of his creations here at WBF as he is in contact with a respected WBF member ;)

what are the drivers in yours?

respected WBF member is quite an Oxymoron

Last edited:
Reactions: jeff1225
Radian 950, with Duelund X over parts and wiring

with or without beryllium?

what about for the lower conical horn and for the tweeter

Did you have a chance to hear Eufrodites, which are the smaller brother of these? I would be able to put mine close to corners (I have Odeon fully horn loaded speakers now that also need corners for bass reinforcement). Given the mid and tweeter are the same, just fewer woofers and obviously smaller cabinet, would you say they are pretty close or is there a huge gap in performance with Agalame?
I have never heard the Eufrodites. I don’t know. Jeff Catalano will tell you how they compare. I’m not familiar with Eufrodites drivers, but the Agalme that I have use a DX65. I don’t think Tommy uses those anymore.

I have never heard the Eufrodites. I don’t know. Jeff Catalano will tell you how they compare. I’m not familiar with Eufrodites drivers, but the Agalme that I have use a DX65. I don’t think Tommy uses those anymore.
The Eufrodite uses the same driver for the mid, tweeter and woofers… just less of them in a smaller cabinet…at least the version I am interested in.

The Eufrodite uses the same driver for the mid, tweeter and woofers… just less of them in a smaller cabinet…at least the version I am interested in.
Current Eufrodites (and Aristotles, when configured) use the PM65 driver.

In the picture you can see my version uses 16 Beyma 8BR40 drivers in push pull configuration per speaker! I think that’s twice as much as the current Algame. I love his approach. Maybe he figured out how to do more with less. A6A16AF1-5CBF-4389-9B35-169076EA5F45.jpeg

In the picture you can see my version uses 16 Beyma 8BR40 drivers in push pull configuration per speaker! I think that’s twice as much as the current Algame. I love his approach. Maybe he figured out how to do more with less. View attachment 104768
The first Ellipse version of Eufrodite used 8 per speaker in push pull configuration…if I had space I would consider the bigger ones.

with or without beryllium?

what about for the lower conical horn and for the tweeter
aluminum, because he finds it more musical

the tweets and the driver for the conical horn are Pro audio drivers similar to what OMA is doing.. Victor is known to dissect and modify drivers to fit his needs, so I am not sure if the drivers are off the shelf or somewhat modified.

He is one of the brains behind Kanzen

Last edited:
Reactions: morricab
Your system sounds most interesting Dimfer … I for one would love to hear a couple of audio vids , iphone etc , if you have time .

Your system sounds most interesting Dimfer … I for one would love to hear a couple of audio vids , iphone etc , if you have time .

Two videos for you…Two for me

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing