Smooth musical cabling suggestion

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm looking to try new speaker cables and interconnects in my system because i find my Gryphon cabling too clear for my speakers and the treble tends to be fatigueing in the long run.
I need to try 100% copper cabling only and the ones that come to mind are Tellurium Q Statement and Audience Front Row.
I only need a set of speaker cables and one set of balanced interconnect.
Please let me know if you have suggestions so i can get a smoother sound thanks.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Funny, on another thread a member is looking to purchase Gryphon cables to smooth his system.

Reactions: hogen and Hifi man

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Funny, on another thread a member is looking to purchase Gryphon cables to smooth his system.
Well it seems my aluminum tweeters are very sensitive to silver cabling.
It really depends on the speakers.

Reactions: Hifi man

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I bought Inakustik. Pure copper litz construction. I have the LS Air 2400. I hear the LS Air 4000 are better.

I like pure copper myself.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Monster M 1.2 or M 2.2 really smooth or
Kimber KS Series beautiful timbres, and fine details

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I bought Inakustik. Pure copper litz construction. I have the LS Air 2400. I hear the LS Air 4000 are better.

What do you like sonically about their interconnects?

What do they claim as their "secret sauce"?

Last edited:

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
They claim each wire strand is lacquer coated. Electrons don't then jump from strand to strand. Its a good cable for the $. Not over the top great, but not over the top in price. I would buy the speaker cable again. I'm not sure about the interconnect. But then again, i find in order of sonic impact:

Speaker
Power
USB
Interconnect

Shoot, did I just open a can of worms.

Reactions: paolo and Hifi man

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Did you get the assembled cables or the bare cable?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
They claim each wire strand is lacquer coated. Electrons don't then jump from strand to strand. Its a good cable for the $. Not over the top great, but not over the top in price. I would buy the speaker cable again. I'm not sure about the interconnect. But then again, i find in order of sonic impact:

Speaker
Power
USB
Interconnect

Shoot, did I just open a can of worms.

Thank you.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Hi guys,

I'm looking to try new speaker cables and interconnects in my system because i find my Gryphon cabling too clear for my speakers and the treble tends to be fatigueing in the long run.
I need to try 100% copper cabling only and the ones that come to mind are Tellurium Q Statement and Audience Front Row.
I only need a set of speaker cables and one set of balanced interconnect.
Please let me know if you have suggestions so i can get a smoother sound thanks.
Audience front row cables.I use these with my Magnapan 30.7s and there stunning cables.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Transparent Audio MM2 , not too spendy on the used market .
I have a mint pair of1Transparent MM2 REFERENCE speaker cables that are incredible for sale if anyone is interested!

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I got home and checked. I have the 2404 Air Ref speaker cable. Its a good cable for a low to medium power system. High power wants the 4000 series.

Never heard of bare cable. I wish I could get bare to connect my crossover to my drivers.

I did purchase some Inakustik inwall speaker cable and took it apart. Then twisted up cable to lace my crossover to driver cable. It was a good cable.

Attachments

• 20211114_190537.jpg
    20211114_190537.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 16

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Could you elaborate please ?
the audience front row cables sound very pure clean and very detailed with a tight bass.wide open sound stage with excellent depth.incredible resolution and clarity.I highly recommended you as least try these cables.they took my Magnapan 30.7s to a whole new level and I already had very good chord cables.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
the audience front row cables sound very pure clean and very detailed with a tight bass.wide open sound stage with excellent depth.incredible resolution and clarity.I highly recommended you as least try these cables.they took my Magnapan 30.7s to a whole new level and I already had very good chord cables.
You don't have any sibilance at all in the trebel region ? because this is the problem i have with my speakers when using silver speaker cables.
My COAX drivers are just as clear as Magnepan speakers it's crazy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing