TAD DA1000 or DA1000-TX - worth the money?

audiopro92

Nov 25, 2023
Canada
Hello to anyone who this may concern,

This is thread #1 for me on whatsbestforum.

I have reached a point in my systems where I already have following in spades:

--> Holographic midrange and instrumentals
--> Realistic imaging (sense of space and locale)
--> Treble resolution and brilliance that is clear as day
--> Highly-accurate/resolving presentation (can imagine a studio, a booth, or a live venue)
--> Hearing something at 0:00 upon pressing play (footsteps, a voice, a click, a pop)
--> Accurate playback of all genres (sometimes it gets too be too much)
--> Able to hear the slight or major differences between cables
--> Able to hear differences between source components with amplifiers
etc. 16 years in audio.

I know this isn't audio science review - so please, for the love of all that is good in this world....don't recommend a $99 DAC.
I've spent thousands of dollars chasing the Chi-Fi Dragon; and it lead to nothing productive!

If you don't have any info on the TAD DA1000 or DA1000-TX, let's just talk about our systems.
I'm open to share anything that could help you achieve even better sound quality; and vice versa. I'm willing to listen.

- Dillon

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing