Wadax World Premiere at Munich Highend

WOW cant wait!!!!!
Level UP!

Can't wait to get one in stock.

most intriguing...!

What product is it?

Appears to be a single box disc player. Whether it also can serve as a DAC is to be seen.

Appears to be a single box disc player. Whether it also can serve as a DAC is to be seen.
allow me to dream a little......ideally there would be a stand alone version with a dac, maybe even with an integral server, then a transport only that would be a real world alternative to the 'Level 5' transport which would have an optimized interface for the Ref dac. all sorts of possibilities with that chassis.

and it could even be modular.

i'd think about adding a transport at a more modest price point. i still have 4000 silver discs that i don't play. and harnessing the magic of the Ref dac for discs is a real temptation.

Wadax has ultimate dac, server, interface and modular technology in their tool bag.........so.........all sorts of possibilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alrainbow and WADAX
I believe that it is an all-singing, all dancing digital front-end: CD/SACD player, streamer and DAC.
Expect to see an extensive range of functionally more specific units, external power supplies etc over time. Atlantis was plenty good. This should be better - and cheaper! Definitely one to look out - and listen out - for...

I'm thrilled that we will have a simple, afordable Wadax solution that could be an incredible value and can attracct many new music lovers to the brand. MOC this year is going to be fun as this is only one of the really inteeresting debuts!

Yes, there is another one on the same floor... :cool:
not sure which one you are talking about however there will be one from Gobel and there is also one from CH Precision. Those I am aware of.
All three should be cool and fun.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing