Why Listen Blind?

So then rather than stare at the back of my eyelids or my audio equipment, I prefer to look at the artist. This marriage is inevitable. I think the highend can provide some valieble input on standards and such,if they would get in on the ground floor.

Greg you just gave me a good idea.

Some Samsung QLED TVs that you hang on the wall are chameleons; they have a feature that imitates or fits artistically the wall it rests on, the room's decor. You can put various paintings by the masters.

Now, some TVs (OLED) are thinner than the thinnest android phones, or iPhones.
Install a 65" screen (or larger) LG latest OLED TV on the wall behind your ultra high end hi-fi stereo setup, right in the middle of your two towers (loudspeakers), @ eye level (screen's center), and have a program that displays each artist of the music selections and albums you play each time, even from your analog turntable. Just use your phone or tablet and type the music album you play and send it to the TV...bingo, your smart TV will display the artist musician(s)/singer/orchestra/opera/chorale/jazz ensemble...etc. in random slide-show pictures.

Say you play a Miles Davis album/vinyl, Sketches of Spain, just type it and send it to your TV to have a slide-show of photographs (black & white and colors) all related to that album...Miles with his buddies @ the studio, on stage, paintings of Spain, etc. Program the timing between each photo, stop @ anyone anytime, up to a maximum to prevent burn-in.

Last edited:
Here's the example of Samsung QLED's Ambient mode.

Check that second video for a good demo of what I mean.
And if you are too distracted by Miles Davis or John Coltrane black and white photographs on your TV while playing their albums, no sweat just put your TV on chameleon mode to imitate your wall decor, or a picture of a nice exotic beach from the Indian ocean, or a painting from Salvador Dali, etc., your favorite artist painters, sculptors, architect designers, photographers, wildlife, etc.

Suit your mood with the music playing by adding the visual sense to "electrify" (augment/emphasize) more your emotions.

Why listen blind?

Reactions: Gregadd
Good strategy by Samsung to sell more TVs. Leaving it on to act as a picture just wears it out faster. :)

No need to leave it on when you are not around.
if you are hell bent on staring at stereo equipment, you can post a picture of your dream stereo system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing