Height41.34 inches (105 cm)
Weight160 lbs (72.57 kg)

The WATT/Puppy US MSRP:

Standard Finishes: $38,500
Upgrade Finishes: $40,500
Custom Finishes: $42,500
Premium Pearl Finishes: $44,500

https://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/watt-puppy/the-watt-puppy

I have fond memories of my WP 6's and 8's...

I'm clearly a huge Wilson fan but I'm not sure I understand the reason behind a new Watt/Puppy with the Sasha V in the lineup? Nostalgia maybe?

George

They needed something at this price point. Just a few years ago it was the DAW. The V is now over $50k.

The new Watt/Puppy really is pretty cool if you’re a David Wilson fan. It is lighter than the Sasha DAW or V, and it is using the latest materials and drivers.

I’m going to a launch party on June 7 … not to buy, but to hear.

They needed something at this price point. Just a few years ago it was the DAW. The V is now over $50k.

The new Watt/Puppy really is pretty cool if you’re a David Wilson fan. It is lighter than the Sasha DAW or V, and it is using the latest materials and drivers.

I’m going to a launch party on June 7 … not to buy, but to hear.
Oh wow … I had no idea the V is now $50k! Guess I need to keep up! LOL

George

Please report the amplifier used at this event. Probably D'agostino.
I’ll ask what they’re planning. I auditioned the entry level D’Agostino amps with the DAWs and Sasha Vs. They were not a good match for my ears. I was a big D’Agostino era Krell fan, so predisposed to like D’Agostino stuff.

I think the Vs and the Watt Puppies share drivers.

At the Watt Puppy price point, I’m thinking maybe ARC 160Ms, or Burmester 216. But it has been offered that I can have a private audition with whatever gear I like. If I were more likely to buy a pair, I’d take them up on this.

I read or heard that the new WP will replace Yvette. Only Sabrina will remain a one box offering. Yvette was due for some attention.

I'm clearly a huge Wilson fan but I'm not sure I understand the reason behind a new Watt/Puppy with the Sasha V in the lineup? Nostalgia maybe?

George
Replacement for the Yvette; it's priced between the SabrinaX and the Sasha V. And has far, far, far more name recognition.

I auditioned the entry level D’Agostino amps with the DAWs and Sasha Vs. They were not a good match for my ears. I was a big D’Agostino era Krell fan, so predisposed to like D’Agostino stuff.

I think the Vs and the Watt Puppies share drivers.
I auditioned Progression pre/stereo power with Alexia 1's and found the combination a bit too syrupy for my tastes. Also listened to the Boulder 1110/1160 which to my ears was more agile and neutral. Others opinions may vary of course.

I suspect anyone who is a fan of McIntosh will really like the sound of D'Agostino with recent Wilson speakers.

I remember she WATT/Entec.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing