World First?

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Listening tonight at my dealer friend.

Three Kuzma Sapphires set up. I don't think there is anywhere where you could listen to 3 Sapphires concurrently. Just wow!

Cartridges tonight were the GFS, CAR60 and Phasemation 5500

Attachments

• IMG_3323.jpg
    IMG_3323.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_3318.jpg
    IMG_3318.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_3317.jpg
    IMG_3317.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 126

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Mayby a kind of ionizer or what? Anyhow.. it looks amazing, and what a cool setup of turntables.

/ Jk

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
Ha ha, yeah, all the setups sounded great when I was just up to Don’s, simply amazing.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
Is that an attic that has had the roof decking foamed for insulation? How are the acoustics?

At one time Peter Swain, proprietor of Cymbiosis in Leicestershire, had 18 Linn LP12s set up in various states and with a range of cartridges. It was a great place to go to compare the different build levels of the LP12.

I know the LP12 is not nearly as interesting as Kuzma Saphires … but any chance to compare turntables can make for a fun evening.

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Great observation… hadn’t give a thought to the insulated roof beems before… cool !
It is a crazy cool set up… :D !!!

/ Jk

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Congrats, I just saw this thread. Love all the vinyl set ups !

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Hi,

This is indeed a industrial type metal building with 2 levels . Upstairs is the showroom and listening space. the underside of the steel roof has been spray foamed. The acoustics are to my ears wonderful. No sharp angles and the random pattern of the foam makes it work.

On deck are Kuzma Air, Kuzma DC, Modified Micro Seiki by Acoustical Systems, Clear Audio Master Innovation x2. Totally crazy!

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
At one time Peter Swain, proprietor of Cymbiosis in Leicestershire, had 18 Linn LP12s set up in various states and with a range of cartridges.
I feel that Peter is an amazing man and a true asset to the audiophile community. A true gentleman in every sense of the word. He even comes across the pond and does a tour of the U.S. helping people set up their LP-12's and/or modify them with the various upgrades that are available.

Best wishes,
Don

• Love
Reactions: Another Johnson

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing