Your "World's Best Audio System" . . . 2012 Edition

Cool..... but.... IMO, the video/audio production of that video wasn't the best.

I thought the video was like watching the academy awards. Full of blaze and glory

Interesting that Irv was there for the setup but I didn't see Alon

I thought the video was like watching the academy awards. Full of blaze and glory

I just felt the video didn't flow well and the audio was way out of proportion to the commentary. Either bring the vocal up or turn the music WAY down.

Interesting that Irv was there for the setup but I didn't see Alon

The speakers went up yesterday morning at 10 am and Alon got to Wilmington around 6 yesterday evening. Irv was there to help unpack the speakers, not position them. Jeff and I did that yesterday before Alon arrived. Last night, they fiddled with the position a bit and then dialed them in this morning. Jeff has already posted a small article on that process along with an in-room measurement for those that maybe interested.

As far as the quality of the video, we are pleased with it. It was done by a local guy who is doing it as a favor to Jeff. While improvements could be made, I haven't seen anything like it in the audio press. Seeing it earlier this afternoon was very exciting for us. The coverage of the event will be as live as any coverage Soundstage has ever delivered.

I haven't seen anything like it in the audio press. Seeing it earlier this afternoon was very exciting for us.

actually fellow member here Peter Breuninger has been doing this for the past 4 months or so at www.avshowrooms.com

I am very curious as to what you guys think about the performance of the Aurender... I keep hearing negative comments from potential dealers, with respect to treble... It was at the top of my list when I started inquiring about it...

I auditioned it in my own system a few months back. At the time, the unit was in for review, but after a couple of weeks it became a contender for TWBAS. So, I wrote a story about the S10 instead of review it. I did not have any issues in my system. I also used it for a couple hours today and found no issue with it. None of the other people present today mentioned anything negative about the sound either. Caesar commented that the system had "no soul", but we told him he was there to deliver the pizza, not give his opinions. ;)

Good afternoon, gentlemen. If you folks do not mind me asking, how long will this setup be up and running?

Steve, your comment is most perceptive. One thing that has bugged me is that high-end audio gear is displayed so poorly. Think about this: Google most gear and what comes up? Photos of the stuff in a cheap hotel room with a $10 artificial plant next to it (at CES or RMAF of whatever). If our gear is to compete with the luxury goods out there that garner people's disposable income, we must do a better job. This video is part of our attempt to help do just that.

Steve, your comment is most perceptive. One thing that has bugged me is that high-end audio gear is displayed so poorly. Think about this: Google most gear and what comes up? Photos of the stuff in a cheap hotel room with a $10 artificial plant next to it (at CES or RMAF of whatever). If our gear is to compete with the luxury goods out there that garner people's disposable income, we must do a better job. This video is part of our attempt to help do just that.

I agree Jeff. You and Peter are onto something

P.P.S. 'Melange' is French for Mix. :b

Yes... it is a good word, to bring "what" in the mix, to add some spice, even... :D

The thing is, a rather peculiar thing, when in the frying pan, as it reaches correct temperature, it turns dark orange, almost brownish in hue, like the spice melange from the movie Dune..

Coincidence? Could be, could be, who knows... :rolleyes:

Imperial

Yes Jeff, it was included in your first original link. :b

* Amazing frequency response from that graph! You guys are so privileged.
I wish that I could be invited in your 'Audiophile Music' clan.
Thanx for all that you guys do for the 'audiophiles' at large.

Bests,
Bob

P.S. By the way Jeff, the Magico LLC Q7 retails for how much again (USD) for the pair?
{I know that the Q5 retails for $59,950/pair USD.}

Last edited:
Yes... it is a good word, to bring "what" in the mix, to add some spice, even... :D

The thing is, a rather peculiar thing, when in the frying pan, as it reaches correct temperature, it turns dark orange, almost brownish in hue, like the spice melange from the movie Dune..

Coincidence? Could be, could be, who knows... :rolleyes:

Imperial

Imperial, did you know that your username is also French? :b

Simply awesome Jeffrey!

* That is it! That is the exact system setup I was trying to put together a little while ago. :b

Enjoy the weekend,
Bob

Curious what does your current set-up consist of, any pics

Curious what does your current set-up consist of, any pics

Oh no! I am just way too afraid to reveal! :b
It is very humble, and not worthy of this thread, believe me.

* But I know a thing or two 'bout ultra high-end though, and that I can discuss no problemo. :b

Regards to you DEV,
Bob

Jeffrey, I just stumbled into your thread; wow, give me few days, weeks perhaps, to come up with my suggestion of a system that I consider one of the very best, and affordable by most people livin' on this planet of ours. :b

It would be digital (digital done right) though, because analog is just too much work for most people. And I can tell you this too; not too complicated, and with a Room Acoustic Correction & EQ system.

Best for me means: accessible (financially and operatively) for most people living in today's technology age, excellent sound of course (main objective), and the looks aren't important (the music reproduction is).

Like I said, give me some time to construct intelligently ...

DEV, the quote above is defacto the reason why I said what I said before and that you just quoted me above.

=> "That is it! That is the exact system setup I was trying to put together a little while ago."

...In fact a month ago (the quote on top), from few pages back (page 49, post #481).
Also, if you go to the beginning of this thread you'll see what it's all about.
...There is a continuity. And often on the Internet not everyone is awared of that continuity.
And sometimes it brings confusion, misinterpretation, etc.

*** Jeffrey asked us before to suggest our best 'shot' on loudspeakers (very high-end with real good sound) to be reviewed by him and his team. ...And suggestions for the electronica as well.

Bests,
Bob

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing