Your "World's Best Audio System" . . . 2012 Edition

I am very curious as to what you guys think about the performance of the Aurender... I keep hearing negative comments from potential dealers, with respect to treble... It was at the top of my list when I started inquiring about it...

Hello ack, I spoke with Charles Kim, who is representing WideLab for the TWBAS event. He was surprised to hear that a potential dealer found the Aurender to have any issues in the treble. He also said that he wasn't aware of any potential dealers at the moment, but did say that Goodwin's there in Boston was a dealer. Hopefully, you will be able to give them a visit so that you can confirm its quality.

Hello ack, I spoke with Charles Kim, who is representing WideLab for the TWBAS event. He was surprised to hear that a potential dealer found the Aurender to have any issues in the treble. He also said that he wasn't aware of any potential dealers at the moment, but did say that Goodwin's there in Boston was a dealer. Hopefully, you will be able to give them a visit so that you can confirm its quality.

Yeap, already have; they can't get it to work right..

Yeap, already have; they can't get it to work right..

i am going to be watching this part of the thread carefully...that is an important part of any product, but particularly a relatively new name in audio

Patience is a good virtue..

Hi ack.

Does the S10 unit at Goodwin have the newly added usb output (that was not yet ready when tested in nov. 2011 by Hifi News) ?
What dac in particular is it connected to, at Goodwin?, and what cable was used, so on and so forth..... would also be of importance.

But, here the deal gent's.. Do not answer me here..
Why don't all the parties involved talk, exchange information, duplicate setups, test for issues, and resolve them where needed, if they occur.

Then report back as needed, all in good time. A much better approach for all involved parties.

Forgive my bluntness, but I'm a foreigner...

Imperial.

Imperial, did you know that your username is also French? :b

Yes, but from whence it came, English Isles some 500 years earlier... Then enter Napoleon much later, and he wanted a cake and to eat it as well, and that hat with the pointy bits... all rather French and all that.
I'm more of the English meaning, UK side of things, name wyze..

Imperial

I will speak to Charles about this today and I am sure he will contact Goodwin's to check in.

They claimed they've already discussed this with him, so someone doesn't have his/her story straight, and I hope it's me. Something's definitely been lost in translation. Best if we retract ourselves from this, and let them deal with it as they see fit.

Disappointment abounds. I was hoping to have heard said system.

Glad to hear all went as planned and that Randall Smith is still alive and kicking. :D

I looked at the response graph - isn't that what people call "dark" treble? Could it be attributed to the Aurender?

For the *world's best* $500K system a compromised mic was used??? Why? Don't you want to have an accurate frequency response measurement?

I believe the microphone is a Behringer, procured in 2008, a.k.a TrueRTA advice.
It is not a compromised mike, it's what came with the measurement suite...
But I agree, maybe it is a concurrent time to upgrade! :b What ever...

Imperial

Last edited:
Alon also conducted measurements, but his were not available at the time Jeff wrote the article. Also, we were using the mic to help dial in the bottom end.

I believe the microphone is a Behringer, procured in 2008, a.k.a TrueRTA advice.
It is not a compromised mike, it's what came with the measurement suite...
But I agree, maybe it is a concurrent time to upgrade! :b What ever...

Imperial

Most probably it was calibrated against a reference - otherwise it could have a very large error at low bass and high treble. But anyway it is usable even without absolute calibration between 50 and 5000 kHz.

Attachments

• aa5..jpg
    aa5..jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 253

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing