Antipodes K50 set up help

Thetiminator

Apr 20, 2015
Hi guys
I've got a demo K50 coming over next week, I'm just looking for a bit of advice on set up. I am not in the slightest bit technically minded, so please speak to me as if I'm the most stupid man on the planet ;)

I'll be using it as a player only by copying my music onto the internal drive. The question I have is - what is the most simple App or method to control the playing of music?

I don't have Roon or anything like that (I don't stream), so is there a straight forward app (for iPhone)?
Or, would the easiest way to just connect to the K50 via wi-fi from a laptop and control the playback that way? I only have it on demo for a couple of days, so I'm just looking for the most straight forward way for now...

Thanks guys.
TT

speakerlust

Mar 26, 2011
If you have not yet done so, recommend you go to Antipodes website, https://antipodes.audio/guide.php , which provides written and video instructions. Antipodes has a web interface where you can select server and player configurations from a dashboard, and yes, there is an iPhone App you can download, free, to search for the K50 and then allow you to open to configure the K50 for server and player paired configurations from a Dashboard as well. Once you access it is quite intuitive. The Dashboard will also show the software version for the unit for both Player and Server for K50. It will show Update available, but updates there are currently on hold pending Antipodes opening it up again.

You may be unaware but there is an Antipodes Audio manufacturer forum here on WBF. Mark Cole, posting here as OLADRA, is a wonderful source of info and support. Antipodes also has a User Forum accessible through their website under Support or use link https://antipodes.support/ . Mark Cole also posts there.

I have a K50 that was an original G1 (1st generation) that I have upgraded through Antipodes to G4. Antipodes website will elaborate on the various changes made to the K50 through the generations. I am a well pleased Antipodes owner and wish you the best during your evaluation period.

Reactions: kennyb123

Thetiminator

Apr 20, 2015
If you have not yet done so, recommend you go to Antipodes website, https://antipodes.audio/guide.php , which provides written and video instructions. Antipodes has a web interface where you can select server and player configurations from a dashboard, and yes, there is an iPhone App you can download, free, to search for the K50 and then allow you to open to configure the K50 for server and player paired configurations from a Dashboard as well. Once you access it is quite intuitive. The Dashboard will also show the software version for the unit for both Player and Server for K50. It will show Update available, but updates there are currently on hold pending Antipodes opening it up again.

You may be unaware but there is an Antipodes Audio manufacturer forum here on WBF. Mark Cole, posting here as OLADRA, is a wonderful source of info and support. Antipodes also has a User Forum accessible through their website under Support or use link https://antipodes.support/ . Mark Cole also posts there.

I have a K50 that was an original G1 (1st generation) that I have upgraded through Antipodes to G4. Antipodes website will elaborate on the various changes made to the K50 through the generations. I am a well pleased Antipodes owner and wish you the best during your evaluation period.
Thanks SL that really is very kind of you!

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
I'll be using it as a player only by copying my music onto the internal drive. The question I have is - what is the most simple App or method to control the playing of music?
Set the playback method to Squeeze when you are ready to start listening to music. You can then use a web browser to control playback by clicking the button I circled. Note that this is showing AMS 5. You will see a different interface if it’s running an older version but roughly the same steps will get you there.

IMG_0132.jpeg

Thetiminator

Apr 20, 2015
Set the playback method to Squeeze when you are ready to start listening to music. You can then use a web browser to control playback by clicking the button I circled. Note that this is showing AMS 5. You will see a different interface if it’s running an older version but roughly the same steps will get you there.

View attachment 126344
Thanks Kenny
So set both player and server to squeeze? I thought you maybe disabled the server setting if just using as a player?
Cheers
Tim

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Reactions: F208Frank

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing