DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Don’t bother to try to remember ...you’ve got it completely wrong...no papst motor on Balance... only a perfectly engineered four phase motor with 500 grams perfectly balanced flywheel and true all-analogue control without any speed feedback. Helmut has abandoned mediocre motors and digitally controlled drivers long ago.

View attachment 75361

View attachment 75362
Thank you,
but the motor also works with 24 volts direct current, have you tried battery operation. such a small battery. then you are completely self-sufficient from the power grid. the tube power supply delivers max.500mA

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
I always wondered where the so called super 12AX7 gold pinned 803 s came from and thought they were modern fakes.

david
When Telefunken gave up tube production, the machines were sold to JJ./Tesla tubes for production in Yugoslavia. my level of knowledge.
s-l640.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph and ddk

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Thank you,
but the motor also works with 24 volts direct current, have you tried battery operation. such a small battery. then you are completely self-sufficient from the power grid. the tube power supply delivers max.500mA

Stephan no need to do so, whenever I questioned Brinkmann’s design was only a loss of money, time and plenty of inconvenience.

i have very clean stable power and absolutely stable accurate speed with Ront and Sinus. My wow/flutter measures better than most DD turntables.

P.S batteries have evolved too, my son is using already 6s LiPos for his toys.

Reactions: bonzo75

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
OK.was just a tip. I operated my Verdier motor with a battery, which was a huge benefit.
Have fun with your Turntable;)

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Yes..here find all Telefunken, Siemens, Valvo ,Amperex..etc in german translate;) sorry for offtopic

Reactions: christoph

Vienna

VIP/Donor
thanks to @gian60 , a pair of NOS GZ34 metal base purchased and have just been delivered for my Ront III

595765AD-B664-43CE-B7D3-1C88DC1A31F2.jpeg

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Those are the real deal. Nice.

Reactions: Vienna

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
Delivered in a Pelican Case? The only way to fly!

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
Pardon me Vienna and all, for dragging us off topic. (Just once more)

But I thought you and even perhaps DasguteOhr might appreciate this info. So while talking to Andy at V.T.S. this afternoon about other matters I thought to ask about the mysterious Telefunken GZ34... and as I expected, he assured me that Telefunken did indeed purchase and rebranded these valves from Mullard and possibly even Amperex and he has handled hundreds of them in his days. They do legitimately exist. End of story.

=Now back to your scheduled programming=

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Pardon me Vienna and all, for dragging us off topic. (Just once more)

But I thought you and even perhaps DasguteOhr might appreciate this info. So while talking to Andy at V.T.S. this afternoon about other matters I thought to ask about the mysterious Telefunken GZ34... and as I expected, he assured me that Telefunken did indeed purchase and rebranded these valves from Mullard and possibly even Amperex and he has handled hundreds of them in his days. They do legitimately exist. End of story.

=Now back to your scheduled programming=
No question they exist, it's just that they are not Telefunkens and never were. They are Mullards and perhaps Amperex.
What's in a name? :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I first encountered Brinkmann turntables at our SoCal dealer, Sunny Components, and at one of his client's homes who has a CH Precision/Brinkmann Spyder/Lyra Atlas Lambda/Stenheim 5SE system. I was paying a visit to check on the settings and set-up of the CH Precision components and the owner played a few vinyl cuts for me. Beautiful, lush, tone and wonderful detail.

I recently purchased a Brinkmann Balance/12.1 arm/RONT III. I'm running Lyra Atlas Lambda as well. This is one fabulous analog set-up! One uses BOTH the solid state power supply (to heat the bearing) and the RONT III to run the motor. It is easy to hear the improvement that the RONT III makes since you can attach the motor to the solid state supply and remove the RONT III easily. Very noticeable improvement in quieter background, soundstage, dynamics with RONT III in my system.

Many thanks to Vienna for his detailed descriptions, measurements of these power supplies and the design of the current Balance motor.

Since you were into audio arts equipment, I first heard the brinkmann balance there, with Allaerts and top FM gear and the big zellaton. That is why I started seeking out Brinkmann systems to investigate

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Since you were into audio arts equipment, I first heard the brinkmann balance there, with Allaerts and top FM gear and the big zellaton. That is why I started seeking out Brinkmann systems to investigate
Nice! When I was at Audio Arts, the turntable that I heard with FM phono, FM pre, CH Precision M1, and Zellaton was the Sperling L3/T-1 arm/Fuuga. I owned the Sperling/Fuuga combination for a while. I never heard the Brinkmann Balance there.

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
I hope Savvas does not mind me adding to this thread.

I procured a RONT III with the new SS Gz34 I have my original RONT for comparison on the BB.

Tonight I will install Mullard PL36's and a NOS Mullard Gz34 in the RONT III. My brand new RONT III came with a Telelfunken and a Valvo PL36 - I exchanged for a pair of NOS Mullard PL 36's

Impressions of the RONT III, good drive and pace. Maybe more speed accuracy.

I think the the original Gz34 will bring something different to the table. More later if there is an interest.

Attachments

• brinkmann GZ342.jpg
    brinkmann GZ342.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 24
  • brinkmann GZ34.jpg
    brinkmann GZ34.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Brinkmann RONT.jpg
    Brinkmann RONT.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 24

Vienna

VIP/Donor
I hope Savvas does not mind me adding to this thread.

I procured a RONT III with the new SS Gz34 I have my original RONT for comparison on the BB.

Tonight I will install Mullard PL36's and a NOS Mullard Gz34 in the RONT III. My brand new RONT III came with a Telelfunken and a Valvo PL36 - I exchanged for a pair of NOS Mullard PL 36's

Impressions of the RONT III, good drive and pace. Maybe more speed accuracy.

I think the the original Gz34 will bring something different to the table. More later if there is an interest.
Nick i am looking forward for your impressions

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
If this is an assessment from listening, I'd like to learn what you heard that led to it.
This was "partially" scientific. Road Runner assessing original Ront vs Ront 3 after 1hr of warm up and 10min of observation. I don't claim this definitive. However, less drift over my observation time from 33.333 RPM new vs. old.

I am not sure how significant 3 decimal places are to a quality experience and whether I need this accuracy. More to come.

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

uber2

Nov 4, 2016
Sweden
A tube change was long due for my Rönt2. It was on original gz34 of russian specs, the base of it had a crack. Sound had gone thin and to put it simple: lacking.
Inspiration and confidence was built up by Savvas work.

A NOS 4-notch double O-getter mullard was sourced + 2x Short base PL36.
I also implemented the tube retainer for GZ34.
With Savvas on the chat as support I went through with the swap.

I was not expecting such increase in performance! Still hard for me to comprehend…

Thanks Savvas!

Attachments

• 33070264-4CD1-451A-A4E0-BDB2F4A07B31.jpeg
    33070264-4CD1-451A-A4E0-BDB2F4A07B31.jpeg
    701.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 40BC850F-9950-4DAA-AB23-2237EEE09DE1.jpeg
    40BC850F-9950-4DAA-AB23-2237EEE09DE1.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 27
  • B0AC52F8-D086-4D6D-AFB5-14FC13CFEFE3.jpeg
    B0AC52F8-D086-4D6D-AFB5-14FC13CFEFE3.jpeg
    462.8 KB · Views: 28

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing