CH Precision 10 series

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
Funny how all of the reviews, basically, say the same thing as most of us that own the 10 Series. Yet, there will still be those that have never heard the 10 Series, or heard it at a show, that continue to cast doubt.

It’s just different. You have to hear it properly set up. I have yet to have a guest that has heard my system not be completely stunned. Throw the whole tube vs. solid state out the window. It’s just music.
Agreed. And it's a thoughtful review, and pretty accurate in capturing the CHP 10 sound, IMO. This pull quote sums it up:

"...with an unusually large group of components, and in every case, with every recording, I always thought that I was not just hearing the music, but hearing right into the recording. Such is the sense of having a line back to the microphone that these products create."

Yep, yep, yep. You just are drawn into the music making in every recording, whether stellar or even crappy ones, and the scene completely changes based upon the recording, it seems. That's what I hear, now that I've got them zeroed in with my TAD's. The 10 series flexibility really does help one sort things, although I did need to work with cabling in important ways, too, to get magic happening in my room.

I'm seriously considering jumping for the full mono versions to get even more of this CHP goodness.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I was at Florian place like a month ago and he was expecting to get a new pair of Goebel speakers - need to check if he got them to hear this combo...
dont know but I do know that Oliver has TWO new large soundrooms at the new factory that will be unvailing at MOCand he will be using in one for sure CH 10 series. I will ask him next week what he sent to Florian but if I had to guess it would be Noblesse. I could be wrong....
Is CH still using the same soundroom space? I know they have expanded since I was last there.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Agreed. And it's a thoughtful review, and pretty accurate in capturing the CHP 10 sound, IMO. This pull quote sums it up:

"...with an unusually large group of components, and in every case, with every recording, I always thought that I was not just hearing the music, but hearing right into the recording. Such is the sense of having a line back to the microphone that these products create."

Yep, yep, yep. You just are drawn into the music making in every recording, whether stellar or even crappy ones, and the scene completely changes based upon the recording, it seems. That's what I hear, now that I've got them zeroed in with my TAD's. The 10 series flexibility really does help one sort things, although I did need to work with cabling in important ways, too, to get magic happening in my room.

I'm seriously considering jumping for the full mono versions to get even more of this CHP goodness.
our cables work really well with CH ...FYI :)

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Is CH still using the same soundroom space? I know they have expanded since I was last there.
Nope - they moved their offices and production to the other corner of the same building like end of October last year. Much bigger space now with everything under one roof and as well new demo room which was not set up at the time I was there as he was awaiting for the speakers. Guess those ones you mentioned...
Anyhow you need to come to the "hood" to check it out...

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Nope - they moved their offices and production to the other corner of the same building like end of October last year. Much bigger space now with everything under one roof and as well new demo room which was not set up at the time I was there as he was awaiting for the speakers. Guess those ones you mentioned...
Anyhow you need to come to the "hood" to check it out...
I will be in Munich in May and I am excited about experiencing what Oliver has done , as last time it was not finished. I don't think I will visit your hood this year but maybe next time as I did enjoy the trip to Switzerland and the hospitality. Hope you are coming to MOC...

Reactions: Golum

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
our cables work really well with CH ...FYI :)
I could hear that with your set up at Axpona last year, even with that challenging room. That said, I can attest that Elrod works quite well, too.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I don't think I will visit your hood this year but maybe next time as I did enjoy the trip to Switzerland and the hospitality. Hope you are coming to MOC...
Unfortunately not coming to MUC but indeed hope to see you next time you are here in Lausanne.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Marc is a good reviewer / knows what he is talking about ( apart from the fact that he could improve on transducers )
He puts CAT legend pre /power first in his signature for the last 15 or so years :p
Although i thought these amps were special indeed , they were also a touch dry to my ears , me being a tube user off course .
I hope to hear them again at MOC this year

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
CH moved to a larger space within the same compound. They have the big daddy bending waves. Sadly their sound room had yet to be recommissioned when I visited late last year. I was shown some secret stuff that really excited me.

Sunny

CH Precision electronics have several settings to improve the overall performance of your complete audio system. Consider a Pre-amplifier that has DC off set features that hugely optimizes every source. Consider Global feedback that is never standard in any system because all electronics are built to work with various speakers, cables and source materials. Imagine sitting in your listening chair and being able to set levels on Highs and lows individually. Working hard on setup and paying attention on knowing your weakest link in your setup and then optimizing that will 100 % improve your system. In 2023 many companies make fine electronics, I love CH Precisions service, their upgrade Ethics and their overall customer service towards their dealers. They help us give 100% support to our customers. Being a supportive dealer, I am proud to sell, install and implement their products.
I have installed CH Precision electronics with Stenheim, Vivid Audio, Marten, Bowers and Wilkins, Wilson Audio, Martin Logan, Vandersteen, and now I am breaking some very high performance Peak Consult Loudspeakers. They excel in every way.

Reactions: John C and Golum

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hehehe :)

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Several audiophiles in Hong Kong have placed orders already.
:cool:

IMHO the price of P10 is high but not unreasonable for such a versatile flagahip phonoamp.
There are very few solid-state phonoamps at this level in the market.

pweg

Jun 7, 2014
Australia
Several audiophiles in Hong Kong have placed orders already.
:cool:

IMHO the price of P10 is high but not unreasonable for such a versatile flagahip phonoamp.
There are very few solid-state phonoamps at this level in the market.
looks like ill be trading my 4 box P1 system into for a stereo P10..... based on the performance of the L10 stereo and M10 stereo in my stereo, im convinced the stereo version of the 10 series will offer better sound than the mono 1 series

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
looks like ill be trading my 4 box P1 system into for a stereo P10..... based on the performance of the L10 stereo and M10 stereo in my stereo, im convinced the stereo version of the 10 series will offer better sound than the mono 1 series
Those several P10 fans in Hong Kong are using P1 currently.
They have the same thoughts.
:D

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
This youtube is long but worth watching to the end. It's in English.

The diff curves on CH phonos are NOT for old/mono records only?
;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Ordered mine! Secret out. Oh Happy Happy :)

Reactions: CKKeung

RideCA

Oct 18, 2021
Seattle, WA USA
When P10 deliveries will start to customers?
The first P10s are expected to begin shipping in September. Production is currently on schedule. Be aware there are many preordered units post the Munich High-End announcement and demonstrations.

Thank you,
Kevin

Kevin Wolff
Head of International Sales

CH Precision Sarl
ZI Le Tresi 6B
1028 Preverenges
Switzerland

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing