Concentration of wealth

That’s because it’s all staged. When you’re wealthy and want to move you can afford to do it before you sell your other place.
I heard that when Oprah bought a Penthouse apartment, her PA furnished it with Martin Logans as they ribbons wer semi-transparent and matched the drapes...true story! Not done primarily for sonics but rather for looks with the assurance of decent SQ.

Last edited:
It's a trend in the USA due to our overly processed foods as our beef is produced by massive corporate farms. When Americans visit Europe or Asia they are usually surprised how much better the meat tastes.

I've traveled all over and love Texas beef, but I'll never forget the steak Florentine in Italy.

Dave

I will remove any and all links you suggest.

I am used to providing citation when I make comments, much like writing lab papers in school or a paper in English class with footnotes and or end notes.

In short, I want to assure you that I'm not just pulling comments out of my rear end unsupported.
Poppycock.

I used to wonder what people did in their McMansions as I drove by subdivision after subdivision, what did they do with all that space?

Huge kitchens, but they dine out or order carry out, maybe hit the prepared meal line at Whole Foods on the way back from work.

Three and four car garages mostly filled with junk and lost desires of yesterday that lost their glimmer.

Sure they had a huge TV with maybe a soundbar or a Bose AM-5 system, but nothing resembling Hi-End, not needed with background music to be talked over.

I do not consider those people rich as it looks like a form of poverty to me, empty and transient.

Just a commentary based on personal observations and musings.

Such a post does not require citation.

It is what it is.

Reactions: Al M. and valkyrie
That is the question.

I used to wonder what people did in their McMansions as I drove by subdivision after subdivision, what did they do with all that space?

Huge kitchens, but they dine out or order carry out, maybe hit the prepared meal line at Whole Foods on the way back from work.

Three and four car garages mostly filled with junk and lost desires of yesterday that lost their glimmer.

Sure they had a huge TV with maybe a soundbar or a Bose AM-5 system, but nothing resembling Hi-End, not needed with background music to be talked over.

I do not consider those people rich as it looks like a form of poverty to me, empty and transient.

It is what it is.

:rolleyes:

Indoor living space is luxurious. (Up until the point where a house becomes so large that you don’t even want to think about cleaning it.)

Three and four car garages are nice to have if one likes automobiles. I wish I had a three or a four car garage! (We have a two car garage with a slightly weird adjacent two car tandem-style car port.)

Tinka and I literally do not own a TV, so it is, as always, a matter of personal preference and individual cost/benefit analysis.

Having lived in Manhattan for many years where living space and storage space is at a huge premium, I actually have a “thing” about enjoying looking at storage space (maybe an empty shelf in a pantry closet) which is not filled up with anything.

It is what it is.
Whenever I see the inside of these houses eg With The Kardashians etc, all I notice is the ECHOOOOOooooo!!!!
All that money, and for what? Acres of hard surfaces, bland color schemes and unwelcoming materials.

And no wonder they don't run proper audio systems, that echo is killer.

Reactions: bonzo75
Whenever I see the inside of these houses eg With The Kardashians etc, all I notice is the ECHOOOOOooooo!!!!
All that money, and for what? Acres of hard surfaces, bland color schemes and unwelcoming materials.

And no wonder they don't run proper audio systems, that echo is killer.
I think we are both on the same page here.

However, I am currently one of those folks not listening to stereo since our big move about four months ago.

Life is just being eaten up by the little things.

Now if I gave up exercise and cigars I would have ample time for Stereo.

As far as TV, nothing is hooked up. I am watching free movies and shows off my laptop, all too easy to do as I lay in bed just before sleep time.

Nothing like being in a house w audio/AV system boxed up. I did that for 12 months on my move/renovation. And another 18 months to sort out my analog.
Brutal.

Cuts like butter & perfectly marbled...now I'm hungry.

the exact cuts were presented to our table at selection; pretty awesome and the marbling was 'as you say' perfect.

i've had Wagu before, nothing like that. and an appropriate price too.....but no quibbling. value delivered. the meal was last March, and the memory is etched clearly in my mind.

Reactions: Folsom
the exact cuts were presented to our table at selection; pretty awesome and the marbling was 'as you say' perfect.

i've had Wagu before, nothing like that. and an appropriate price too.....but no quibbling. value delivered. the meal was last March, and the memory is etched clearly in my mind.
Japanese Yakiniku, chacoal grilled meat, is very popular in asia. Many marbled meats are available like choosing Koetsu cartridges. I don't know if it is popular in Seattle but Yakiniku is great for family dine out. Very delicious plus fun grilling with your friends and family members. A good business opportunity for big city if there isn't one there.

64805F9E-6818-4C99-A65E-B11A9CA03B1C.jpeg
AACD9F46-5E66-43E1-A8A6-25747F4E44D4.jpeg

Reactions: KeithR and bonzo75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing