Fuse and Cable Directionality

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuses used in aircraft or most military I thought were not fuses at all but circuit breakers
but not a typical breaker like in panels but Contactors controlled by circuit boards
I’m pretty sure that’s another logical fallacy, no offense intended. In other words, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

If the electrons are moving back and forth, and the crystal boundaries in a wire a shaped a little like a funnel, is there an influence pushing them towards center one direction and towards the surface the opposite direction. What affect would that have?
Actually more like a porcupine, unless the wire is very thin, e.g., wire in stranded cable. A funnel shaped wire would be more open on one end. It’s a grain distortion issue, and one suspects electrons prefer moving with the grain not against the grain.

Last edited:
Occam‘s razor is not always true, sometimes it’s just an excuse not to investigate further. It’s certainly a logical fallacy to claim Occam‘s Razor always applies. It’s also the case as I’ve mentioned before no one is claiming the voltage drop difference is the reason for the difference in sound. It’s the same kind of logical fallacy as placebo effect always explains controversial tests.

Don’t tell anybody but the data sheets contained some serious math errors, actual measured differences in voltage drop were much smaller than what the tables show, however, they are consistent direction wise for all fuses tested, including stock fuses. Also, as I pointed out before the differences in sound did not comport with the voltage drop differences, the resistivity issue is kind of a red herring.The report contained in the data sheets makes that point clear.

“An explanation should sometimes need a certain level of complexity, but should not have any more than necessary.“ - Albert Einstein
A logical Fallacy called the Strawman is being used in the quote above. Occam's Razor does not state that the simpler explanation is the correct one. It states (in a nutshell) that it is probably the correct one (and in this cases of this thread got it right; you should be regarding Occam's Razor as a deadly threat right now...). It is not a logical fallacy to say that Occam's Razor always applies but the statement as seen in the quote above is another Strawman Fallacy, as I never said that.

The sentence after that claiming that
no one is claiming the voltage drop difference is the reason for the difference in sound.
is false. I've stated exactly that in this and other threads, and backed it up the sonic changes it causes with measurements many times. I've also explained in some threads why some equipment is less susceptible to Voltage drop on the AC line (which includes fuses).

Its apparent you do not know what a Logical Fallacy is as you have misused the phrase every time in this thread.

Of course, there is a direction of current flow in fuses. For example, Synergistic Research Purple Fuse does not use copper or silver wire. They use graphene as a fuse wire. Graphene also has naturally high electrical conductivity and even shows forms of self-organization. Even more exciting, however, is that if you twist two layers of graphene lying on top of each other by 1.1 degrees, graphene becomes a superconductor - the material now conducts electricity without loss and without resistance.
I have found that the fuse has the greatest effect in power amps, i.e. a high dynamic current consumption. Listen to bass-intensive music, e.g. Trentemøller with this fuse.

Another logical fallacy to add to the long and growing list. :cool:
So the entire commercial and military industrial complex has it wrong but your right?

Talk about a logical fallacy.

Rob :rolleyes:

Yes, there has to be or else you'd have an open circuit.
I meant graphene has current direction then it acts as a superconductor at room temperature . This will be the material of the future. Because you can program it to have turn off and turn on functions. It will replace switches and other things.
the conductivity 16 times better than pure silver.

Last edited:
One need only check the direction of the first length of wire coming off the big spool when it arrives at your factory, e.g., AudioQuest. And, if they’re smart, which I am sure they are, they‘d ensure the wire manufacturer spooled the wire in the same orientation, that would require too much effort. Then you know the direction of the whole spool, no?

As I’ve oft pointed out *directionality* refers to the sound, it’s an audiophile term, NASA would have no interest in what their cables and wires sound like, not counting any astronauts who might be enjoying a little Hendrix during pre-launch activities, which I used to participate in at NASA so it probably would not be my head that’s spinning.
Sound is not an audiophile term. It’s a physical phenomenon with objective characteristics. For cable to affect the actual sound of a stereo system it has to affect the electrical signal in the cable. So what exactly is the cable doing to the waveform of the signal in one direction that it does differently in the other direction?

Reactions: SeagoatLeo
Sound is not an audiophile term. It’s a physical phenomenon with objective characteristics. For cable to affect the actual sound of a stereo system it has to affect the electrical signal in the cable. So what exactly is the cable doing to the waveform of the signal in one direction that it does differently in the other direction?
Finally, a very good question. Anyone care to take a stab? Alternatively you couid go read the AudioQuest paper on directionality and noise in audio cables, it’s strictly up to you. See my post earlier, was it last week? Exhibit B

A logical Fallacy called the Strawman is being used in the quote above. Occam's Razor does not state that the simpler explanation is the correct one. It states (in a nutshell) that it is probably the correct one (and in this cases of this thread got it right; you should be regarding Occam's Razor as a deadly threat right now...). It is not a logical fallacy to say that Occam's Razor always applies but the statement as seen in the quote above is another Strawman Fallacy, as I never said that.

The sentence after that claiming that

is false. I've stated exactly that in this and other threads, and backed it up the sonic changes it causes with measurements many times. I've also explained in some threads why some equipment is less susceptible to Voltage drop on the AC line (which includes fuses).

Its apparent you do not know what a Logical Fallacy is as you have misused the phrase every time in this thread.
So, now you’re on board the fuse directionality train? Welcome aboad!

I meant graphene has current direction then it acts as a superconductor at room temperature . This will be the material of the future. Because you can program it to have turn off and turn on functions. It will replace switches and other things.
the conductivity 16 times better than pure silver.
Graphene is a two-dimensional “film” one molecule thick. It’s been used in Head tennis rackets for nearly a decade.

Graphene is a two-dimensional “film” one molecule thick. It’s been used in Head tennis rackets for nearly a decade.
They have now found a better application for graphene than tennis rackets;)

They have now found a better application for graphene than tennis rackets;)
As exciting as that news is I’ve been using Graphene as a contact enhancer for many years in my humble lithium battery powered portable CD player (on the battery end caps), on power cord plugs and HDMI cable connectors (don’t drink any coffee before trying that) and TV antenna connections. Audiophile fuses sometimes employ Graphene as an anti-RFI shield. And, at least one audiophile cable company employs Graphene. Isn’t there a Graphene tweeter, too?

Don’t tell Novak Djokovic that batteries is a better application for Graphene than tennis rackets. He’s ranked numero uno. He’s earned $1M already and it’s not even tennis season yet. :)

Last edited:
Of course, there is a direction of current flow in fuses. For example, Synergistic Research Purple Fuse does not use copper or silver wire. They use graphene as a fuse wire. Graphene also has naturally high electrical conductivity and even shows forms of self-organization. Even more exciting, however, is that if you twist two layers of graphene lying on top of each other by 1.1 degrees, graphene becomes a superconductor - the material now conducts electricity without loss and without resistance.
I have found that the fuse has the greatest effect in power amps, i.e. a high dynamic current consumption. Listen to bass-intensive music, e.g. Trentemøller with this fuse.
What good would it possibly do to have a super duper conducting Graphene fuse wire when the entire rest of the system is copper, including the end caps? Besides, Graphene is defined as a two dimensional material, if you make it into a solid 3 dimensional material like a wire it’s no longer Graphene.

Last edited:
Don’t tell Novak Djokovic that batteries is a better application for Graphene than tennis rackets. He’s ranked numero uno. He’s earned $1M already and it’s not even tennis season yet. :)
Have you ever watched Novak play tennis. He turns his racket around when he changes ends of the court.

This can only be because of the nature of his directional Graphene racket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing