Genesis at the Toronto Audio Video Entertainment Show 2012

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Hello all,

Genesis will be showing in the Burmester NA suite - 778 at the King Edward Hotel, Sept 28 - 30. Our very own Gary Leonard Koh will be attending. The Genesis 5.3 with the new tweeter will be shown and the pairing equipment are Absolute Fidelity power cables, Vertere Acoustics speaker and interconnect Cables, Primare electronics as well as a Roksan TMS turntable.

Come by and say "hello" to Gary and someone make sure he eats? I will be back home in Seattle manning the fort!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm planning to attend both Friday and Saturday, so I'll be sure to drop by and say hello. It'll be be my first time getting to hear the Genesis speaker line, so I'm super pumped for that experience!

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
It's my first time to Toronto in over 18 years so I'm super pumped too. Last time I was there was for my best friend's wedding. I'm sure Carol remembers that because that was also the first time I visited her after she moved to the States.

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
Hi Gary, see told you I would be dropping bye. Nice meeting you, hope you have a great show and nice stay.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I was unable to attend yesterday, despite my best efforts, but I will be there today. Looking forward to meeting you Gary!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hi Gary! What a sincere pleasure it was to meet you this morning! I want to thank you for the time you took to audition your wonderful speakers for me. It was my first time hearing your speakers and I was most impressed. I thought that overall they were very well balanced, with highs, mids and lows not overshadowing the other, but rather working in unison to give a very strong honest presentation. This was true for both the G7p and the G5.3, although obviously the bigger boys opened things up to whole other level.

I've always known you were a music lover and I enjoyed the selections you played immensely. The orginal Dusty Springfield cut "The Look Of Love" was simply breathtaking. And $0.50 eh for that Duke Ellington Columbia 6-Eye Deep Groove was quite the find.

Again, thanks for a great time and I hope we can one day to it again!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I intended on taking pics with my cellphone, but forgot to completely charge it the night before. Taking pics would have depleted the battery, which I didn't want to do as I was texting back and forth with friends at the show.

You can also find coverage at SoundstageGlobal.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi Gary, see told you I would be dropping bye. Nice meeting you, hope you have a great show and nice stay.

DEV, it was great to meet you. Thanks for dropping by.

I also met Mr Acoustat in the elevators, and quite a number of WBF lurkers in Toronto.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
I intended on taking pics with my cellphone, but forgot to completely charge it the night before. Taking pics would have depleted the battery, which I didn't want to do as I was texting back and forth with friends at the show.

You can also find coverage at SoundstageGlobal.

Thanks for dropping by, John. And especially for staying long enough to properly listen. I don't know how anyone attending a show would be able to form an informed opinion listening to a single song. Or even a fragment of a song. And usually outside the sweetspot.

Unfortunately, since we played music at quiet to reasonable levels most of the time, and had the connecting door between the two rooms closed much of the time, a lot of show-goers missed our room. Even the folks at Soundstage Global missed out although they covered the Elac/Primare system in the main room. Next year, we'll be sure to put a sign on the door that says "Bathroom" and be sure that no one will come in :D

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
What, no analog!
Curious from you Gary...

I was supposed to get one of these - but the freight company screwed up.....

000048-02.jpg

The original plan was to have the Burmester Ph100 in my system, and the Elac/Primare system outside would have the Primare phono stage. However, without a turntable, we put the Ph100 outside (even though the phono stage cost almost as much as the whole system).

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Gary,
Do you have experience with it?

No. I heard it once and was impressed, but have not had any substantial time with one. I'm still waiting to get my hands on it as it got lost, so we had to re-direct and it hasn't arrived yet. It's a massive turntable. In the picture above, that's a 12-inch Ikeda arm.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing