Munich HighEnd 2024

Amir, can you tell us anything about those very cool looking diffusers? First I’ve seen them I’m sure they’d be beneficial for a lot of installations.

How long before the honey can be harvested ;)
I visited TAD room yesterday and the room was very beautiful , maybe the best room in this show.
I have no idea about those cool looking diffusers .

IMG_9437.jpeg

Thanks Marty. Can you describe the sound of the AC room? People usually rave about Aries Cerat. What did you think of the new turntable?
I have listened to Aries Cerat two times and it was not good. I will check this room today again but I am not hopeful to get better sound.
My guess is those AC horn speakers should be in better room , better room means the speaker load the room in it’s best way. The AC room was so much big and it was not good for AC speakers.
The other problem was the speaker position, I think the speaker position was far from ideal.
Placing speakers 45 degrees to room walls are not my favorite.
The harmonics was also off , I do not why but I guess it relates to electronics or AC filters not speakers.
This horn speakers was not like highly dynamic vintage horns, I do not why .

I will listen more to this room and back you if I get better impression.

IMG_9292.jpeg

I think if I want listen to AC horns for right judgment I should listen to AC in right condition, not all but most of negative judgments are related to setup not audio equipments.

I also think the sound is better after 11AM maybe because of the systems warm up.

I believe AC quality in Munich show is not good.

Last edited:
Please check out Acappella and Tune Audio.

To begin, it blew my mind that somebody is offering this piece of crap for 4M. No idea who makes it and I don’t care. It was a sonic abomination and just horrifying.
High price is the best way to get people to take crap seriously. And nothing epitomises this rule like the Munich show.

I was checking with a friend who was visiting the show the first time on what he thought of certain rooms, only to find he had avoided them due to the price tags on the door. He was really looking to find realistic prices to make future purchases for himself. He is going to have a a very short show.

High price is the best way to get people to take crap seriously. And nothing epitomises this rule like the Munich show.

I was checking with a friend who was visiting the show the first time on what he thought of certain rooms, only to find he had avoided them due to the price tags on the door. He was really looking to find realistic prices to make future purchases for himself. He is going to have a a very short show.
Tell him to go to Grandinote…realistic prices and good sound…even at the show…

Please check out Acappella and Tune Audio.
Tune was pretty good. Pleasant and no nasties. Acapella was outstanding, probably the best sound I heard yesterday .

What guys are saying here about AC is not quite right. From about 100Hz and up there wasn’t much to compete with it. Below that there were bass issues, room and setup related I think but it was muddy and overripe.

Did anyone visit Martion Audio across the street?
Thx

No, one model smaller…two-way with Fostex backloaded and horn tweeter.

Amp was a Trafomatic 300b

I never liked Tue Audio Marvel and Prime - unless he has got a new model out between Marvel and Anima.

What about WE/Silbatone room, are they there?

Reactions: gian60
High price is the best way to get people to take crap seriously // :D So true...
And high prices ⇏ crap.
Conversely, crap ⇏ high prices.
Let's just say that (crap∧wishForCredibility) ⇒ (high prices ∨ marketingBullshit)

• Haha
Reactions: SCAudiophile
I think if I want listen to AC horns for right judgment, I should listen to AC in right condition, not all but most of negative judgments are related to setup, not audio equipment.
[please forgive my poor English]

I never heard Aries Cerat (full system) on show.
I was lucky enough to hear one of their full system in excellent condition, in a lively, dedicated room: genuinely outstanding, I was literally speechless. Never, ever heard that in my life. (I attend 35 live, unamplified concerts/year).

BTW, the excellent TAD Reference One TX were the best sound of the show in one of the three Brussels hifi shows in November 2023. I attended the show with two friends, one is a former sound engineer, the other is luthier (string-instrument maker). We all agreed on the TAD (powered by huge Krells, admittedly; yeah, I know, Bonzo will rant about this ;-)

Last edited:
Hifi Deluxe, ROOM 136 displays a loudspeaker which is one of a kind: Ilumnia.
the cone has NO spider, and NO suspension.
It has been awarded by a Diapason d'Or in the French classical music magazine, Diapason.

Worth to be checked, imho, if at least they are lucky with the setup...
(I heard them several times in Brussels)

DETAILS

[Image: 008-Ilumnia%20Magister%20mk%202%20-%20vo...edited.jpg]

[Image: 67443d_8743e5478da94419a46c439277b8eceb~mv2.gif]

[Image: exploded-view-driver.png]

99,7% linearity
[Image: Lems%20vs%20Classic.jpg]

Ilumnia LEMS* 8" midbass driver with electromagnetic suspension (no spider, no surround)
* LEMS or linear excursion motor system
One of the world’s best electrodynamic driver in terms of :

Linearity : > 99% linear at full excursion (8mm)
Resonance : no mechanical coupling of cone to basket, no surround, no spider
Distortion (no spider, no surround, minimum of moving parts and mechanical connections)

Key elements :

Not physically restrained by the mechanical suspension of spider and surround
Very low moving mass (only 15 grammes)
Low kinetic energy of moving mass
Less inertia problems

[Image: A1qS6K9l.png]

[Image: 006-Ilumnia-Magister-mk-2-lagen.jpg?etag...quality=85]

[Image: LTEyOTkuanBlZw.jpeg]

[Image: award.jpg]

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing