New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Terrific and thoughtful post Phil. I can’t deny what you say about Giannis BUT they have a darn good rest of the team

And I don’t get with 3 superstars how the Suns are simply terrible. Makes me think Vogel is vulnerable
I have to admit that I feel worse about Zion missing these 3 games than I do about Giannis being out. I love watching these young teams play. It’s so fast

OKC up 76-66with 3 minutes left in 3rd

Reactions: jadis
In the WC the next round looks to me like the following

OKC vs Dallas

Denver vs Wolves

Wolves are a very tough team and match up well with Denver ....however I see Denver in 6

OKC is the youngest team in the league and Dallas is getting hot.. However I see OKC in 5

That would leave the WC final as Denver vs OKC with OKC having home court advantage....Denver in 6

well the good news is D'Lo showed up tonight and the Lakers avoid the sweep

Even Reaves had a decent game where Lakers lead in the 2nd half by 19 points. Denver is relentless and no lead is sacred against that Denver team. Porter Jr and KCP are deadly outside the arc and constantly narrowed the lead until the Lakers pulled ahead by 10 with 1:30 left

Final Lakers 119-108

James scores 30 and plays 40 minutes

The bad news is they gotta go back to Denver who has history on their side. Plus this is Lakers first win in 14 games against Denver
D'Lo was the key tonight

As usual Jokic gets a triple double

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Celtics took their last loss seriously as they are crushing the Heat in Miami

93-68 with 8 minutes left in game
Unicorn did better. He's the focal point of the Celtics success. After all, he's the only only Unicorn in town. :D

Ok
well the good news is D'Lo showed up tonight and the Lakers avoid the sweep

Even Reaves had a decent game where Lakers lead in the 2nd half by 19 points. Denver is relentless and no lead is sacred against that Denver team. Porter Jr and KCP are deadly outside the arc and constantly narrowed the lead until the Lakers pulled ahead by 10 with 1:30 left

Final Lakers 119-108

James scores 30 and plays 40 minutes

The bad news is they gotta go back to Denver who has history on their side. Plus this is Lakers first win in 14 games against Denver
D'Lo was the key tonight.

As usual Jokic gets a triple double
0 points to 22 is a mammoth leap for Russell. The troubling thing about Denver is that they'd been trailing big the last 3 games. One more loss and it's 2-3. Closeout is never easy.

Unicorn did better. He's the focal point of the Celtics success. After all, he's the only only Unicorn in town. :D
I totally agree. He did play well. I thought they rested him when the game became so one sided. Heat without Butler and Rozier are going nowhere. I thought the Celtics looked really good yesterday

The way things are going in the WC it should be OKC vs Mavs and Denver vs Wolves (which I think will be a great series and IMO match up well)

OKC for me is still the unknown. They are young and eager and have a well liked young coach who IMO should be the COTY. Shades of Monty Williams and the Suns from a few seasons back when the Suns were young fast and eager..

@christoph won't like this but I just can't figure KD this year. His head seems to be elsewhere and IMO Beal has been a bust leaving only Booker fro their big season with Monty. Not sure they will be swept but high likelihood

I have to admit that LeBron and AD have done everything possible and I have to give praise where praise is due. Lakers need Rui, Reaves and especially Russell to play even better than yesterday. When they are on their game they are a different team BUT they ain't getting past Denver especially. going back to the Mile High

Jokic remains my candidate for season MVP and likely conference MVP . He is truly in the top 3 if alll time great centers and some would rank him number one as he does what no other center has ever done, and that s to literally play every position. Plus the have the best starting 5 in the league.

In the EC, the Knicks and Celtics might find themselves in the EC final, 2 different style teams which will be exciting. I still feel it its the Celtics to lose.

These are very exciting playoffs at every series

Ok
0 points to 22 is a mammoth leap for Russell. The troubling thing about Denver is that they'd been trailing big the last 3 games. One more loss and it's 2-3. Closeout is never easy.
Totally agree but TBH I Have watched every game and being behind is just nothing they seem to even notice. They never play with desperation but are always focused on playing their own style of game. Yesterday was no exception but the only difference was that D'Lo finally showed up. If Reaves and Hachimura ever get hot things would be more interesting but I see Denver closing out the Lakers in Game 5

Having said that my biggest wish in the off season is that James call it a career and do the Lakers a service by retiring and letting them rebuild. They have a bunch of young, eager and very fast bench warmers who IMO have great potential

However why would James leave when his contract has not expired so I expect to see this 41-42 yo player back next year to further his legacy. Unfortunately another ring won't be part of that legacy

Totally agree but TBH I Have watched every game and being behind is just nothing they seem to even notice. They never play with desperation but are always focused on playing their own style of game. Yesterday was no exception but the only difference was that D'Lo finally showed up. If Reaves and Hachimura ever get hot things would be more interesting but I see Denver closing out the Lakers in Game 5

Having said that my biggest wish in the off season is that James call it a career and do the Lakers a service by retiring and letting them rebuild. They have a bunch of young, eager and very fast bench warmers who IMO have great potential

However why would James leave when his contract has not expired so I expect to see this 41-42 yo player back next year to further his legacy. Unfortunately another ring won't be part of that legacy
Honestly, I never expected James to leave LA that time he brought in Davis. He believes in Davis as his sidekick, and he came to LA, not for basketball, in his own words as told to Wade. Even losing or without title, his fans still believe in him.

• Wow
Reactions: Steve Williams
Slugfest between Brunson and Embiid. Close game and both will take charge in the 4th.

Brunson has some injury and Embiid has 5 fouls.

Brunson has some injury and Embiid has 5 fouls.
Brunson is a force to reckon with as he scores 47 and carries Knicks to a 3-1 lead going back to NYC where they will close out the Sixers.

Reactions: DLS and jadis
The game at Dallas looked like a runaway for the Clippers as they go up 23 in the half. However the 2nd half was a brand new game as the Mavs claw back into it to bring it to within two with 2 minutes in the game but Paul George was THE factor along with Harden to gain the win and tie the series 2-2 and regain home court advantage. I still hoping Mavs can pull it off but this was a pivotal game and they blew it. Not sure why Kidd took Doncic out of the game with 17 seconds left

Final Clippers 116-111

Big pivotal game coming up next for the Pacers

I have to admit that the Bucks without 3 starters are holding their own and playing a decent game. They have poise and experience whereas the pacers have youth and energy.
Good game as Pacers lead 49-44 with 7 minutes left in the half.

Without question the best game of the day was Pacers vs Bucks as the Bucks playing without three top starters played a gutsy game and Middleton and Lopez played their hearts out. However a juiced and very fast young Pacers team literally ran rings around the older more experienced Buck and Halliburton and Turner were raining down 3’s A very exciting team to watch as they are fearless and undaunted. Pacers drop 21 treys and go up 3-1

Final Pacers 126-113

I feel bad for Dame

Reactions: christoph
Bring out the broom as the team that had high expectations to win it all is the only team to get swept in the first round

Too much Booker and not enough KD and Beale who fouled out with 5 points. Shows that 3 super stars with huge contracts could do nothing. Wolves are a tough team and get the Nuggets which will be a great series

only down side is Conley colliding with his coach on the side line and he went down and didn’t come up. He had to be assisted off the court with a few minutes left in the game. I hope the coach will be fine because he really sustained a major blow.

Suns had great expectations but three high contracts and no supporting cast

Final Wolves 122-116

Suns are in deep doo doo as they have no first round draft choices from 2025 2030

• Wow
  • Wow

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing