New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I saw the game. It was just before the game ended. LeBron had a point as it was a blown call by the refs as to who touched the ball last before it went out of bounds. There was some doubt as to who was going win and it would have given Lakers possession with little time on the clock. I think LeBron was seeing probably his season come to an end but so also being swept for a second time in 2 years. Bottom line is he's a grown baby with a lot of skills and paid a lot of money. It'll all end tonight mercifully in Denver as the Denver-Wolves match I feel will be the best in WC

Lakers have a lot of issues in the off season but IMO the team that is doomed for the next 6 years is the Suns who gave up everything for Beale and have no first round draft choices through the end of 2030. Amazing how Beale was so good in Washington and a dud here. I heard last night that the trio only played 42 games together in the season and won 26 of them.

Kids a changed player.He puts his heart in the game but he sees the handwriting on the wall with the team and him and his age. If only Draymond had never caused that dust up in the locker room and KD hadn't bailed to Brooklyn , almost certainly he would have had two more rings

As I see all of the playoffs unfold there is definitely a changing of the guard. The old boys are getting their asses kicked at every end of the court. Watching the Wolves play yesterday was a masterful game as they hung around and let the Suns do to themselves what Denver did to the Lakers. They ran out of gas except for Booker who is the only one left from the year they won the WC. The notion that if having 2 super stars is good, then having 3 is greater. Beale never gelled on the team and was a non factor last night as he fouled out with only 5 points in the game

The leagues best teams now are filled young, aggressive and very fast players all of whom seem to possess an uncanny ability to make three's as last nights Wolves match was a game of threes and Wolves shot the lights out. Success comes from having a patient management who takes the time and effort to cultivate their young players. Only exceptions to that thought right now is Denver and Celtics who are in the elite group but will be severely challenged in the coming years. Lakers did that to themselves with LeBron and then AD when they gave up everything to get AD . They too have no first round picks IIRC for another year or two.

Watching Pacers last night was a perfect example of youth vs experience. With 3 starters on the bench Middleton and Lopez excelled but in the end, they were annihilated by the Pacers who sank 21 treys

I expect a Knicks -Celtics final in the EC and a OKC-Denver final in the WC. I still think it will be Boston vs Denver but TBH these 4 teams are all excellent and again OKC and Knicks have proved they are for real and let the games begin

Pacers are exciting to watch but they are one player short of becoming the next great team. I like Siam but his glory days were with the Grizzly and as good as he is I think he isn't the right center for the Pacers as he needs more bulk which seems to come with the position these days

IMO these playoffs have been the most exciting in years. Upsets were predicted and the Suns sweep was the first of many

Time for my coffee

Reactions: christoph and jadis
I saw the game. It was just before the game ended. LeBron had a point as it was a blown call by the refs as to who touched the ball last before it went out of bounds. There was some doubt as to who was going to win and it would have given Lakers possession with little time on the clock. I think LeBron was seeing probably his season come to an end but so also being swept for a second time in 2 years. Bottom line is he's a grown baby with a lot of skills and paid a lot of money. It'll all end tonight mercifully in Denver as the Denver-Wolves match I feel will be the best in WC

Lakers have a lot of issues in the off season but IMO the team that is doomed for the next 6 years is the Suns who gave up everything for Beale and have no first round draft choices through the end of 2030. Amazing how Beale was so good in Washington and a dud here. I heard last night that the trio only played 42 games together in the season and won 26 of them.

Kids a changed player.He puts his heart in the game but he sees the handwriting on the wall with the team and him and his age. If only Draymond had never caused that dust up in the locker room and KD hadn't bailed to Brooklyn , almost certainly he would have had two more rings

As I see all of the playoffs unfold there is definitely a changing of the guard. The old boys are getting their asses kicked at every end of the court. Watching the Wolves play yesterday was a masterful game as they hung around and let the Suns do to themselves what Denver did to the Lakers. They ran out of gas except for Booker who is the only one left from the year they won the WC. The notion that if having 2 super stars is good, then having 3 is greater. Beale never gelled on the team and was a non factor last night as he fouled out with only 5 points in the game

The leagues best teams now are filled young, aggressive and very fast players all of whom seem to possess an uncanny ability to make three's as last nights Wolves match was a game of threes and Wolves shot the lights out. Success comes from having a patient management who takes the time and effort to cultivate their young players. Only exceptions to that thought right now is Denver and Celtics who are in the elite group but will be severely challenged in the coming years. Lakers did that to themselves with LeBron and then AD when they gave up everything to get AD . They too have no first round picks IIRC for another year or two.

Watching Pacers last night was a perfect example of youth vs experience. With 3 starters on the bench Middleton and Lopez excelled but in the end, they were annihilated by the Pacers who sank 21 treys

I expect a Knicks -Celtics final in the EC and a OKC-Denver final in the WC. I still think it will be Boston vs Denver but TBH these 4 teams are all excellent and again OKC and Knicks have proved they are for real and let the games begin

Pacers are exciting to watch but they are one player short of becoming the next great team. I like Siam but his glory days were with the Grizzly and as good as he is I think he isn't the right center for the Pacers as he needs more bulk which seems to come with the position these days

IMO these playoffs have been the most exciting in years. Upsets were predicted and the Suns sweep was the first of many

Time for my coffee
Very good summary, Steve. Agree.

Reactions: Steve Williams
Pacers are exciting to watch but they are one player short of becoming the next great team.
I'm unashamedly an Indy homer, but I agree. Still, it's been fascinating to see what the right coach (Carlisle) can do with what he has to work with. There's a lot of talk about the Bucks' shorthandedness, especially without Giannis and now Dame, but the Pacers took four out of five regular season games from the Bucks this year, so it's not reasonable to say that with Giannis available the Bucks would have destroyed the Pacers.
It's going to be interesting to see if Pritchard can add some size and power to the lineup without hurting the greased lightning factor and chemistry that's in place with the existing team.

I'm unashamedly an Indy homer, but I agree. Still, it's been fascinating to see what the right coach (Carlisle) can do with what he has to work with. There's a lot of talk about the Bucks' shorthandedness, especially without Giannis and now Dame, but the Pacers took four out of five regular season games from the Bucks this year, so it's not reasonable to say that with Giannis available the Bucks would have destroyed the Pacers.
It's going to be interesting to see if Pritchard can add some size and power to the lineup without hurting the greased lightning factor and chemistry that's in place with the existing team.
It's also very clear that Tyrese is the leader of that team so youth on its side is a good thing. He played a solid game with a bad back .

greased lightning factor and chemistry that's in place with the existing team.

I couldn't have said it better. This is the way the league is headed and Pacers have the chemistry for years to come. I hope they don't do what the Suns and Lakers did with a "win now" mentality

It's good to see that Chris Finch is OK. That collision with Conley brought him crashing to the ground and surrounded by his team and staff. He walked off with assistance but you could see he was obviously hurt.

Timberwolves coach Chris Finch suffers ruptured patellar tendon after collision with Mike Conley

Citing the team, news outlets report Timberwolves coach Finch has a ruptured right patellar tendon after an in-game collision.

Reactions: christoph
This was truly a playoff game for the ages. Lakers played their hearts out.Held an early big lead as always and Denver as always stormed back and took the lead. From then on the game was tied with many lead changes

Ive never seen the Lakers play as well as this in years . Denver is beyond any team I have seen in years. Nothing bothers them and no lead is insurmountable. They pound you under the basket and destroy you from the perimeter with flawless threes

The game is so fast and so intense that I haven't budged since the game started.

Game tied at 99 with 3:00 left

I expected this to be a walk in the park for Denver but they have worked their way not it and now it boils down to the clock and the final possession Im betting

So it comes down t the final possession

Game tied at 106 with Denver ball and Murray as always makes the shot and beat the Lakers 108-106

Murray makes 5 treys

A game fore the ages. My heart is still pounding

The Lakers at least are going fishing with at least having played a game that will never be forgotten

Reactions: christoph
terrific game last night by The Lakers but once again I remain convinced even more so now (sorry @jadis) that the Nuggets are truly invincible in a 7 game series. Lakers pounded them last night with everything the had but again no lead is sacred as the Nyggs easily overcame the deficit and then many ties and lead changes coming down to the last possession with the game tied. unfortunately it was the Nuggets with the possession and the Lakers with no time outs. and 9,6 seconds on the clock. For the second time Murray sinks the short jump shot and the rest is history

They go fishing with the Pelicans who were easily swept by the Thunder

It looks like Denver vs Wolves and Thunder gets the winner of Clippers and Mavs with that series tied at 2-2

The Wolves I still feel match up well with the Nuggets and it will be the best series but in the end It'll come down to youth and speed with the Thunder facing the best team in the league. The Thunder lack the poise and maturity of the Nuggs but they are fast and eager . I still expect the Nuggets to win although of interest the Thunder had the better of the head to head against Denver. But this is now the playoffs and Denver to my etyes is as good as any of the best past teams. Jokic is simply one of a kind along with he best starting 5 in the league

LeBron has one more year and I see him back behind a new coach based on his temper tantrum in the previous game as well as AD having expressed dissatisfaction with the coach

Trae Young is available and guess who his agent is :cool: but it will involve saying good bye to Reaves which IMO would be another mistake by the Lakers

Finally I give it less than a 50% chance that Hamm will be behind the bench next year. Lots of good coaches available (Doc aint one of them)

Reactions: christoph and jadis

This answers many of the questions

What's next for LeBron James, Lakers after unceremonious playoff exit?

Los Angeles faces many questions and few answers as it seeks to capitalize on what remains of LeBron James' illustrious career.

Porzingis went out of game 4 with a calf injury. A most worrisome factor.

Tatum twisted his ankle after a dead ball shot where Bam stuck his foot out on the landing leg of Tatum. There is no good blood between these 2 teams.

The presumptuous new coach of the Lakers simply needs to fit one bill - follow all and every command of LeBron, timeout, challenge, positions. I'm very very suprised he never forced Jeannie to make him the playing coach. That way he won't be having psychological fits when the coach didn't do what he wanted during the game. Pay him some more for the dual role.

The presumptuous new coach of the Lakers simply needs to fit one bill - follow all and every command of LeBron, timeout, challenge, positions. I'm very very suprised he never forced Jeannie to make him the playing coach. That way he won't be having psychological fits when the coach didn't do what he wanted during the game. Pay him some more for the dual role.
Why not just let LeBron be the player/coach? Promote harmony, save a chair.
A photo of LeBron looking at the final score and that he was going fishing. Seems he peed his pants :eek:

IMG_5718.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: jadis
Why not just let LeBron be the player/coach? Promote harmony, save a chair.
Basically it solves all the fits associated with wanting to have him to sell tickets and to have him be accountable by himself. He won't have to blame anyone. While they're at at, hire him too as the next Le Pelinka. That will reduce the refs as the only entity for him to blame.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing