New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well at the very least the topic has hit the news.
maybe food for thought but less than a week to dump him.otherwise he becomes an unrestricted FA and “he”can tell the lakers he’s leaving

adios
sayonara
so long, good bye
auf wiedersehn

close the door behind you when you leave. It’s been nice knowing you.

• Love
Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sad to read about the sudden change in standings in the KIA MVP race.
I’ve said all year that it’s Embiid’s to lose but sadly it seems the “ 65 “ Rule is going to disqualify Embiid

Really sad to hear. Embiid is a very hard working player with so much talent and power. I like watching big men play.

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That's why we Celtics are always holding our breath when the Unicorn falls down. My son suggested that he just takes those 3 balls always and do not post up, nor do daredevil chase down blocks like he used to. Save the best, an most of all , be there for the playoffs. :D

Reactions: Steve Williams

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Well at the very least the topic has hit the news.
maybe food for thought but less than a week to dump him.otherwise he becomes an unrestricted FA and “he”can tell the lakers he’s leaving

adios
sayonara
so long, good bye
auf wiedersehn

close the door behind you when you leave. It’s been nice knowing you.

As long as LeBum is with the Lakers, there is no threat that he ends up with the Warriors, the Celts or with KD :eek:

Sorry, Steve, I prefer he stays with the Lakers :p

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Nice read.

''So why isn't it going to happen at the deadline? James doesn't have a no-trade clause, but he does have an "I'm LeBron James" clause. What... you're going to send perhaps the best basketball player that has ever lived to Sacramento just because they offered one extra first-round pick? No. James is a player of such stature that his mere existence serves as a de facto no-trade clause. If he doesn't want to go somewhere he'd simply retire. If the Lakers tried to move him without his consent they'd forever be branded as the team that traded LeBron James. Any future star considering a move to Los Angeles would think to themselves "if they'd do that to LeBron, they'd do it to me." The Lakers have sold themselves as a star-friendly organization. They'd never risk the damage to their reputation that trading James would ensure.''

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
As long as LeBum is with the Lakers, there is no threat that he ends up with the Warriors, the Celts or with KD :eek:

Sorry, Steve, I prefer he stays with the Lakers :p
One the other hand, Christoph, if the Lakers trade Lebum, that sole move would send his entire 'claim to greatness' in utter shambles. That is why he has apparently summoned his cohort Rich Paul to immediately quash the trade rumors. The trade does irreparable damage to Lebum's entire legacy that he will forever be wiped off the 'GOAT' conversation , as he will just be a sheep who got traded out, aka a player with 'no use'. :D I am amenable to that option. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A dream scenario for his exile to Elba is a trade to the Detroit Pistons. :D Lakers can get some new young players there plus draft assets.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Stephen A wants LeBron traded to the Knicks.:eek:

Last edited:

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
A week until trade deadline and the Knicks here on Saturday. I’d love to see Randle back in purple and gold. I’d like to see Brandon Ingram and the white mamba back. So many great Lakers traded to make way for the King and his court They won’t get much if they trade him but what they do get is an eager, fast and very talented young team
And no Bronny problem.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

One the other hand, Christoph, if the Lakers trade Lebum, that sole move would send his entire 'claim to greatness' in utter shambles. That is why he has apparently summoned his cohort Rich Paul to immediately quash the trade rumors. The trade does irreparable damage to Lebum's entire legacy that he will forever be wiped off the 'GOAT' conversation , as he will just be a sheep who got traded out, aka a player with 'no use'. :D I am amenable to that option. :)
Not sure I agree Phil. MJ was traded as well. To me MJ is the GOAT

Steve Williams

Knicks' Julius Randle (shoulder) to miss 2-3 weeks

The Knicks' All-Star big man initially suffered his injury in a 125-109 win against the Heat on Jan. 27.

Im sure Randle will miss beating up on the Lakers. It seems every team they play lately has a former Laker on their team.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Not sure I agree Phil. MJ was traded as well. To me MJ is the GOAT
Steve, Jordan was never traded. He retired after his 6th title and was part owner of the Wizards and then came out of retirement to play 2 seasons with the Wizards.

Steve Williams

Steve, Jordan was never traded. He retired after his 6th title and was part owner of the Wizards and then came out of retirement to play 2 seasons with the Wizards.
leave it to your exceptional mind and memory to correct me. I don't see where any trade will destroy a player's legacy. Look at Kobe when he went to Jerry Buss at the peak of his career and demanded a trade. Fortunately Jerry Buss thumbed a finger at him and the rest is history but countless huge stars have demanded and gotten traded. Most of the time, this has improved the player's legacy

How about KD and so many others, all of whom are thriving after the trade.

Steve Williams

I just wake up every morning and hope for the day he is no longer a Laker. he has won a ring in the bubble in 2020 but since then he has shown signs of aging. He remains an excellent player and in perfect physical condition....just ask him and he'll tell you :oops:. He still believes that hanging around for the play in round and emerging victorious is enough for him to say he will take a 7 game series with any team any time.....he might be right but have a look at last year when he did all that and with a blink of an eye was swept by the Nuggets. He is a flashy player that people in LaLa Land love to watch but for me at the end of the day, the Lakers have so much more potential without him than with him (and possibly Bronny)

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
leave it to your exceptional mind and memory to correct me. I don't see where any trade will destroy a player's legacy. Look at Kobe when he went to Jerry Buss at the peak of his career and demanded a trade. Fortunately Jerry Buss thumbed a finger at him and the rest is history but countless huge stars have demanded and gotten traded. Most of the time, this has improved the player's legacy

How about KD and so many others, all of whom are thriving after the trade.
I only refer to the fact that LeBron himself claimed being the GOAT in an interview for bringing a title to Cleveland after some 40 years. Prior to that, the consensus was that Jordan was the GOAT. I do not feel that other 'greats' have egos as great as LeBron in packaging his own aura and greatness. There are subjective barometers to be a GOAT, I don't recall any other player who can be in the GOAT conversation proclaiming himself as one other than LeBron. Jordan himself said there is no such thing as a greatest of all time.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

I don't recall any other player who can be in the GOAT conversation proclaiming himself as one other than LeBron. Jordan himself said there is no such thing as a greatest of all time
that's the difference between MJ and LBJ. Jordan never proclaimed himself as anything. All he did was go out every night and play to the best of his ability and the rest is history. None of his start of each game histrionics by clapping his hands and throwing pixie dust into the air is just a start. Maybe at the end of his career he can rejoin Kyrie and they both can do an Indian war dance along the side lines burning incense to solidify his legacy.

Enough is enough

Steve Williams

and each day the story possibilities grow.....

The case for LeBron James and Stephen Curry teaming up

A Bron and Steph collaboration would inject energy into the NBA, strengthen their title chances against the league’s next generation

• Wow
  • Sad

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The best read I've seen, straight and to the point. Echoes a lot of my own feelings.

''He has to win now, which means the Lakers can’t build for the future.

He runs the team, which means coach Darvin Ham is always leading from a position of panic.''

“LeBron won't be traded, and we aren't asking to be," Paul said.

Don’t you just love how James’ business associates are now speaking for Rob Pelinka? Hey LeBron, if you want to leave, can you take Rich Paul with you?''

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing