New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yes, he's signed for 5 more years. Strong center, so strong he was stomped on the chest during the playoffs and didn't have a severe rib injury.
Correction, he's listed as a power forward. Very mobile and good court awareness.

His father came in too late into the league or he could have been the first Jokic, without the rainbow 3 or banked shot though. :D

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well, another win for the C's - 52, wins now, Steve. :)

The Big 3 of the Suns were all present but the C's just shot the 3 balls like they were doing foul shots. :D
They are no. 1 in FG attempts and made shots are the 3 line. Hard to admit but they just live on that line, call it an extra weapon of mass destruction (aka 50 point leads) :D This burly forward Xavier Tillman is a bruiser and also a 3 pt shooter, good pickup from Memphis at the trade deadline. Unicorn resting his hamstring and has missed 4 games. That's where Tillman and Kornet come in. I cannot explain what is wrong with the Suns as their big 3 did good numbers and Grayson Allen was shooting well too.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I saw snippets of the win.Say what you well and Understand your anxieties but to me this is shaping up to be a Celtics-Nuggets finals.........although I do love OKC as a Cinderella team ;)

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This kind of exuberance is a good sign, by a head coach. Leading by example.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers - Pelicans now. Clips don't have Harden for the past 2 games. Only Big 2 out of 3.5 :D
Zion has 19 points, I am still waiting for his 60 point game. Maybe never. :D

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Pelicans win. First time for me to see Zion carrying the ball like a slow point guard. He shot well tonight. I should say his FG percentage is pretty good too. At 6'6', he gets a shot off a much taller Zubac in easy fashion inside the paint.

Steve Williams

Pelicans win. First time for me to see Zion carrying the ball like a slow point guard. He shot well tonight. I should say his FG percentage is pretty good too. At 6'6', he gets a shot off a much taller Zubac in easy fashion inside the paint.
I got to watch the first half and TBH this was the best I’ve ever seen Zion play

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And
I got to watch the first half and TBH this was the best I’ve ever seen Zion play
First time to see him on fire exhorting teammates during a timeout. Good sign.

Steve Williams

Looking at the standings I think it is safe to presume that the finals go through Boston as they are 9.5 games ahead of a red hot Bucks team but in the WC order has finally been restored as the Denver Nuggets are once again in the top position 1/2 game ahead . I think Denver will be there to stay, Clipppers are lacking something that keeps the from proving to me they are contenders and yet they are in the 4 spot.It's going to be the filling in of the play in round. Lakers play GSW today which should be a good game. If the finals were to start today the Lakers would be hosting the Warriors . I think the Lakers can beat them but I don't say it with as much confidence as I had last year. This years final are shaping up to be the best ever as there are just too may good teams in both conferences. A 7 game series between Denver and Boston .......anything is possible but the one thing Boston has and cannot afford to relinquish is that they have home court advantage throughout and it's always good to be playing at home especially in the playoffs

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Looking at the standings I think it is safe to presume that the finals go through Boston as they are 9.5 games ahead of a red hot Bucks team but in the WC order has finally been restored as the Denver Nuggets are once again in the top position 1/2 game ahead . I think Denver will be there to stay, Clipppers are lacking something that keeps the from proving to me they are contenders and yet they are in the 4 spot.It's going to be the filling in of the play in round. Lakers play GSW today which should be a good game. If the finals were to start today the Lakers would be hosting the Warriors . I think the Lakers can beat them but I don't say it with as much confidence as I had last year. This years final are shaping up to be the best ever as there are just too may good teams in both conferences. A 7 game series between Denver and Boston .......anything is possible but the one thing Boston has and cannot afford to relinquish is that they have home court advantage throughout and it's always good to be playing at home especially in the playoffs
Probably none of the teams wants to play one mile high due to the thin air that the Nuggets are used to. Big advantage for Denver :eek:

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Probably none of the teams wants to play one mile high due to the thin air that the Nuggets are used to. Big advantage for Denver :eek:
big advantage for every series except for the Championship series where Celtics have the home court advantage. I feel however both teams are so good that both are more than capable of winning on the road. So altitude sickness is a factor. My daughter is a Graduate of CU Boulder and whenever we went to visit her I was always short of breath for the first few days

Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

Not sure how far a healthy Zion will carry the Pels but there is no doubt in my mind the Pels are finally starting to show what was expected of them a few years ago. Brandon Ingram has really improved his game since he was a Laker

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reeves checked in with 3 seconds to go in the 1st quarter. He was able to take a 5 point beyond the mid line shot and it actually hit the rim but missed. Calling on Comm. Silver - 5 point contest in the next All-star game. Reeves and Strus are immediate contenders. Curry should be the favored man to win it all. :D

Steve Williams

well the Lakers continue to do what they do best....lose the friggin game when it was theirs to win

Austin Reaves had an off night and IMO that was the difference in the game as the Warriors seem to hav a lot of 3 point shooters.

Fina; GSW 128-121 Lakers

Both are tied now at the 9 spot as the west is now jockeying for position.

Reactions: jadis and christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And Curry is as dangerous as ever , after coming off a few games due to injury. He had a quiet first quarter, then erupted for those incredible 3 point shots in the 2nd half to maintain their lead. And Klay had 26 points in 27 minutes off the bench too.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Correction, he's listed as a power forward. Very mobile and good court awareness.

His father came in too late into the league or he could have been the first Jokic, without the rainbow 3 or banked shot though. :D

Not a rainbow but a really shallow arc. Daddy Sabonis was known for his 3 pt shooting :)

• Wow

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Not a rainbow but a really shallow arc. Daddy Sabonis was known for his 3 pt shooting :)
Oh , didn't. know that Jack . I'm more familiar with his plays with his USSR uniform, hehe

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
He was still skinny then , with the other soviet man mountain, TKachenko .

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
TKachenko came to Manila in 1978 for the FIBA world Cup . His gigantic size was a jaw dropping sight . And I thought then that Jack Sikma and Marvin Webster were huge, LOL

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing