Ron's Speaker, Turntable, Power and Room Treatment Upgrades

Thank you!

Any forward progress is good.

Last edited:
Is painting on walls Lola’s hobby

It might be, if she could reach up there.

Lola cannot reach the turntable, but she’s looking forward to streaming when we are asleep.

C8A087A2-B579-4B7A-A180-8C10C9A81DA2.jpeg

It will be interesting. My starting view is that I would prefer the first row to the last row.
I've attended the Chicago Symphony for many years. Here the first few rows of the main floor (orchestra) are the cheapest. For Bruckner 8 on 10/20/22 Row A is $35, Row B is $65, Row K is $115, and Row U is $65. The first few rows of the lower balcony are $175, then $145 and $115. The Gallery (topmost level) seats are $35. The lower balcony seats are very nice but at five (5) times the price of the Gallery?

I took a look at the LA Phil website for seating and pricing for a concert on 11/25/25. Being used to CSO pricing, I was very surprised to find that the very first rows of front orchestra were $190, at Row L $158 and row Q (orchestra 2) $137; Terrace row J - $70, and Balcony - $55. Seating behind and to the sides are considerably less than front orchestra seating.

Presumably management prices seats relative to desirability - visual and acoustic. I would never buy main floor front row seats. I prefer elevated seating where I can watch all of the musicians (and get some direct sound). Other than to watch the conductor, I would not buy seats behind the orchestra.

Reactions: tima and marty
first posted video of audio

Reactions: HughP3 and bonzo75
first posted video of audio

Your new home?

• Haha
Reactions: bonzo75
No, there is no new home, no new construction. It is only repairs all these years.
OK...but its YOUR home (newly renovated) with YOUR system in. Congrats! Been a long time coming.

No, there is no new home, no new construction. It is only repairs all these years.

Ron’s home is wonderful. The deck and the view of the property from it omg. And I really miss Lola!

amplifiers and line stage pre-amp: Brian Berdan will be delivering these components in the next two or three weeks.

phono stage: Jim White is working on the Io Eclipse.

cartridge: in hand

turntable and racks: David will be going to New Jersey in the next few weeks to inspect and to arrange packing and shipping.

loudspeakers: I am arranging for a moving team to evaluate how to get the speaker crates down to the lower level the listening room is on. I am in contact with Rune Skov regarding him and Joe Cali possibly supervising the un-boxing.

tape machine: Charlie Bolois is still working on it.

interconnects: almost ordered

speaker cables: almost ordered

power cables: David is providing

I think I am taking Peter’s advice to have everything delivered initially to my garage for storage. That way the moving company can move the loudspeaker crates and the turntable and rack cases in one long, difficult visit.

The other, more expensive way, but maybe more desirable way, is to get the speakers set-up first, so I will have a functioning system (with an old Sony CD player and a borrowed line stage pre-amp) when David unpacks and installs the racks and turntable.

Ron, my only advice was to collect and store everything in your clean dry garage so that when the room is ultimately finished you’re not waiting for the delivery of equipment to delay things further.

Nothing I suggested prevents you from setting up the speakers, electronics and a CD player before David arrives to set up the turntable. Just have the movers take the turntable and the racks down to the equipment room to await David’s arrival.

Good luck. You must be getting very excited, and I look forward to reading about the unpacking, set up, and listening impressions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing