speakers for nearfield set up - smaller the better

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
This is very similar to a thread I started in that very short window of threads that got deleted due to the WBF update - LOL.

Anyway I have built my 'man cave' in the loft of our home. As such whilst the room has been set-up as na room within a room construction - it is small.

At present I have Yamaha NS 1000M speakers which I am very fond of, but due to their size/shape I face some serious challenges in setting them up - for a start I have to get 200mm stands to give me width - then I have to buy a super low seat.

I am ultimately gonna have to do a nearfield set-up, and wondered which speakers serve the purpose best, thus far, I have considered:

KEF LS50
Reference 3A MM DeCApo
Harbeths
Spendors
Lecontoure

I was told Joseph Audio are very good.

My Amplifier is a LAvardin - hence my looking at lecontoure. That said all the reviews indicate this to not be a very neutral speaker.

HELP ME OBIWANKENOBI

A few days ago while I was setting up the Eera cd player in my bedroom, I happen to sit directly in front of the rack. I played the Audiosource LLC 3 set up disc. I was surprised as to how well the images and soundstage was reproduced from where I was seated. The speakers I had on were the Endeavor E3. These are not small but they are tower type speakers with a small foot print. They may be worth considering for your attic.

My $.02 Gamut RS3i. (Must be something up with 3i) BTW I had the (Special Edition) Lavardin integrated running a pair of the smaller B series Vivid speakers for several years. That thing kicks @ss.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing