Using Power Conditioner to eliminate Noise carried over Ethernet

Simple to try and worth learning the basics
for me I had to ask a buddy in Europe set my fios in nyc
And then allow others to share my nas Netwroks
Your easy lol.

One last point do not have your any router with WiFi enabled near your audio system period
any parts
must be 15 or feet more away
phones are ok but routers broadcast many freq constantly
this may cause noises at times
most audio are Shielded but I doubt ads ready for this type of RFI

I’m saying this as first hand experience really must try to keep away or test when not playing Music loud
Low or off or Silent tracks to hear noises

Reactions: AkiKhan
Thats great Al, will definitely give it a try. I am starting to understand and hear the benefits of isolation from noise in the system. The Nighthawk is a quality router, and it will be good to use it if there is even a subtle benefit in terms of better sound.

With respect to my dilemma regarding the inability to get the phone control app working while wired ethernet is engaged, a network engineer friend of mine provided the solution and it works great now. Essentially, I had to turn DCHP to 'off' then assign a static IP address (DNS). It seems the router was assigning an address automatically each time, which would not allow the control app using Wifi to connect. That's where audio is today : ) As a minor criticism, I would expect the manufacturer to fix that in development of software update PDQ, and meantime as a matter of importance explain very carefully to users what to do. The streamer is not effective without that app to control it remotely.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing