3 new tapes released by UltraAnalogue Recordings

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
I'm very happy to announce the release of 3 new tapes of the young Japanese virtuoso violinist Tatsuki Narita, with pianists Yun-Yang Lee & Mami Hagiwawa

1) Kreisler: Prelude & Allegro, Tartini: Devil's Trill, Sarasate: Carmen Fantasy
2)&3) Beethoven Violin Sonata No.9 (Kreutzer), Kroll: Banjo & Fiddle, Ponce: Estralita, (Live encores with Mami) Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No.2

Please check the website for some pics & details: http://ultraanaloguerecordings.com/wpsite/gallery/
http://ultraanaloguerecordings.com/wpsite/news/

Hope you enjoy these!
Ed Pong

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I received Ed's new tapes this past week. Again, Ed has hit the jackpot with a new violinist. Tatsuki Narita. He is really someone very special. I think we will be reading and hearing from him in the near future. He was runner up in the 2012 Queen Elizabeth of Belgium competition, one of the world's most prestigious for violinists (previous winners include Oistrakh and Leonid Kogan). The Kreutzer, which takes up one full tape and part of another is a blend of power and depth with beautiful fiddle playing. The encores (with a live audience) are lots of fun, the wonderful Kreisler Preludium and Allegro in the style of Pugnani is a real treat. My favorite is a spectacularly done Sarasate Carmen Fantasy. Yun-Yang Lee is a fine pianist and able partner to Narita.

Ed, as usual, captures the sounds of the instruments in the ambience of the concert area in his home. Here is where having reel to reel tape from first generation masters makes it all worth while.

Larry

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing