98 point wine for $75

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
2007 Anderson's Conn Valley Eloge

It was rated 98 points out of 100 by Robert Parker, it is selling for $74.99

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1062173

Here's Parker's review

The 2007 Eloge is a profoundly complex, extraordinary wine that is showing better out of bottle than it ever did from barrel. The final blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Cabernet Franc and the rest Petit Verdot and Merlot reveals an inky/purple color as well as a gorgeous nose of graphite, creme de cassis, cedarwood, Christmas fruitcake, bay leaf and a damp forest floor-like character. It possesses sensational depth, a full-bodied opulence, admirable purity and a skyscraper-like texture and finish. This killer wine has not yet closed down, and it should drink well for 20-25 years.

There you go -- highly rated red wine from a winery with an excellent track record for a reasonable price.

Last edited:

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
2007 Anderson's Conn Valley Eloge

It was rated 98 points out of 100 by Robert Parker, it is selling for $74.99

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1062173
Here's Parker's review

The 2007 Eloge is a profoundly complex, extraordinary wine that is showing better out of bottle than it ever did from barrel. The final blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Cabernet Franc and the rest Petit Verdot and Merlot reveals an inky/purple color as well as a gorgeous nose of graphite, creme de cassis, cedarwood, Christmas fruitcake, bay leaf and a damp forest floor-like character. It possesses sensational depth, a full-bodied opulence, admirable purity and a skyscraper-like texture and finish. This killer wine has not yet closed down, and it should drink well for 20-25 years.

There you go -- highly rated red wine from a winery with an excellent track record for a reasonable price.

Audiophile buzzwords have nothing on wine descriptions. Skyscraper-like texture and finish??

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Audiophile buzzwords have nothing on wine descriptions. Skyscraper-like texture and finish??

Yeah, I'm not sure what that means, either. If he left out the word texture, it would make more sense. A skyscraper finish would mean a loooooooong finish, which is a good thing. A "skyscraper texture" needs some elaboration. I'm going to assume he means one of those glass skyscrapers, which would lead to the expectation that the wine will be silky. Maybe he got tired of saying "silky" or "velvet." Having tried my hand at tasting notes, I am probably a little forgiving because I know how hard it is to keep from repeating certain phrases until they become tired and no longer have impact. That's the kind of thing that might lead a writer to look for some other terms like, perhaps, "skyscraper."

Both wine and audio reviewing have similar challenges; how to put a sensory experience into words and how to choose words that conjure up the same specific image to others as they do to you.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
@rsbeck - I forgot to thank you back then on this tip - I was able to get a bottle that day

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing