All NEW KMD Orchestalls Reference Loudspeakers !.. LIVE In CONCERT !

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: thomask and hicr49

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
There E-Mail is not working !
Phone Number +82-2-732-9000
Mobile Phone +82-10-3722-8817
FAX +82-2-732-1400

I hope we get some USA Dealers here soon

Reactions: hicr49

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
"The KMD Orchestalls is Faithful to make ZERO SOUND ENERGY LOSS when the electric signal is converted into the AUDIO SIGNAL"

If this is true this will be the first time in the World that anyone has ever done this !! :eek:

hicr49

Jan 10, 2018
@audio-Karma, curious to know where/when a review for the Orchestalls reference speakers might be available?

I’m curious on hearing others thoughts with Orchestalls speakers as I shared very similar impression with your friend. I too felt that Orchestalls was one of the top two exhibitions (for my ears) at Axpona 2022. The other was the Wynn Audio room w/ a setup probably north of $400K total (just a guess) in a large hall w/ one narrow sweet spot… but at that one seat at the very front, the sound was most amazingly refined and captivating. Maybe not quite at the same level, yet Orchestalls presented similar musical refinement in a much smaller hotel room setting (may I say with much better bass response) and far modest supporting gears/system. I visited the Orchestalls room three times during the show and were impressed each and every time along with other amazed visitors in an always packed room. That’s a very rare occasion from any audio shows I’d attended over the years. Despite my many pre-conceptions against others’ solid/boxy cabinet design and “unique” multiple drivers arrangement, I was so impressed with their systems that I made an impulse decision to purchase their smallest demo speakers (500RT) which luckily turned out to be my best purchase/decision I’d ever made over my 20+ years of audio journey. And even paying full price on the demo speaker and more so a getting slammed by my wife after… it was still most well worth it (things we pressed through in our hobby).

Honestly even though I truly enjoyed the presentation of Orchestalls speakers at the show, I did question how these speakers will actually perform at my home which is a quite bit bigger and open than a jammed hotel room especially when pairing with my own gears. Now that I’ve lived and tweaked with these speakers for over a month in my setup, I’m quite gladly to say that they are even better than I’d originally expected. While I still don’t understand how these small (yet extremely heavy) two-way speakers (w/ small 7” drivers) are able to produce such amazing full range sound, their sound is well balanced from room shaking yet accurate bass to detailed/textured mid; and resolving/airy high. To be fair, my humble system is still very modest in price (especially at today’s show standard) but unlike other speakers (ranging from ~$2,500 to $20k) I’ve the pleasure owning/listening at home to-day, these 500RT are by far the most balanced and coherences sounding of all. That makes them also the most enjoyable and versatile speakers I’ve the pleasure of owning so far. Comparatively, the 500RT are able to bring out the most nuances from the recording along with realistic timbre & accurate imagining. And just as importantly, they manage to create excellent scale and soundstage (something fundamental yet quite difficult to achieve for proper orchestral music reproduction). Another important speaker character for me has always been the ability to disappear in the room when I close my eyes. These 500RT not only disappear completely but they are the only speakers that manage to create a soundstage that’s well beyond the physical boundary of my listening room. And for that, it’s much easier to envelop myself within the music, and often with good recording, giving me almost the sensation of actually being in the venue.

I suppose one drawback (if even that) I found so far is while the 500RT is not picky with amplification, they do require a bit of quality power to drive them well. I tried SS and tube amps and while both paired well, I found the best sonic result when driving them with a pair of higher power (100W) tube mono blocks. But even with these higher power amps, I can tell the (8) 6550 tubes are running much hotter than usual driving the 500RT. I believe they’re certainly taxing my amps, and while I hope the tubes can last longer …only time will tell.

I no longer doubt that Orchestalls speakers are geniusly designed and made. Being a cable believer myself, I’m always curious if a great design can really “rule out” the important of cables like some non-believers had claimed… so much so that even the exhibitor decided to use the generic lamp cord type speaker wires & interconnects at the show while still able to achieve great sound. Honestly, I very much hoped that will be the case so that I can sell of all my expensive cables (at least the speaker wires) and never looked back. Unfortunately, these 500RT turned out to be more sensitive to cables (or any component) upstream, and that they reveal every little change I made to larger degree than any other speakers I had in the past. I did ask the speakers designers at the show why they didn’t use better components/cables/racks, etc, and if they don’t believe in tweak. The main designer briefly told me that he believes cable, tweaks are for each individual to experience and use to their liking. For them, they just want to present the basic/pure form of their speakers at the show. Now I think about it, it’s actually quite a brilliant approach because if they would had paired with other ultra high-end components/cables at the show, I would not be as impressed nor would I know just how much sonic performance were actually from their speakers alone.

One other rare yet most admirable aspect of Orchestalls is that their speakers are design by a Korean father & son team who are truly passionate with orchestra music and audio, and with their whole family (who also came to help at the show) supporting them behind. I believe their main career is actual some type of production engineering with their manufacturing facility in Korea. Yet talking to them at the show, I couldn’t help but felt their genuine personality and great passion with music and speaker design. This is certainly not your typical corporate or business-oriented exhibitors at show. I have no doubt that the father & son are more “audiophiles” at heart who walk-the-walk than most visitors and exhibitors at the show. And it’s also their exceptional passions and humble characters that gave me the faith to take the plunge with their speakers… and I’m so glad I did. I only wished I would have purchased one of their larger models instead. Anyhow just want to share my experiences with this fairly new brand on the horizon at the show and at home. Sonically speaking, Orchestalls is truly a top-quality speaker brand which punch many levels above their pricing-triers.

• Love
Reactions: Audio_Karma

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
@audio-Karma, curious to know where/when a review for the Orchestalls reference speakers might be available?

I’m curious on hearing others thoughts with Orchestalls speakers as I shared very similar impression with your friend. I too felt that Orchestalls was one of the top two exhibitions (for my ears) at Axpona 2022. The other was the Wynn Audio room w/ a setup probably north of $400K total (just a guess) in a large hall w/ one narrow sweet spot… but at that one seat at the very front, the sound was most amazingly refined and captivating. Maybe not quite at the same level, yet Orchestalls presented similar musical refinement in a much smaller hotel room setting (may I say with much better bass response) and far modest supporting gears/system. I visited the Orchestalls room three times during the show and were impressed each and every time along with other amazed visitors in an always packed room. That’s a very rare occasion from any audio shows I’d attended over the years. Despite my many pre-conceptions against others’ solid/boxy cabinet design and “unique” multiple drivers arrangement, I was so impressed with their systems that I made an impulse decision to purchase their smallest demo speakers (500RT) which luckily turned out to be my best purchase/decision I’d ever made over my 20+ years of audio journey. And even paying full price on the demo speaker and more so a getting slammed by my wife after… it was still most well worth it (things we pressed through in our hobby).

Honestly even though I truly enjoyed the presentation of Orchestalls speakers at the show, I did question how these speakers will actually perform at my home which is a quite bit bigger and open than a jammed hotel room especially when pairing with my own gears. Now that I’ve lived and tweaked with these speakers for over a month in my setup, I’m quite gladly to say that they are even better than I’d originally expected. While I still don’t understand how these small (yet extremely heavy) two-way speakers (w/ small 7” drivers) are able to produce such amazing full range sound, their sound is well balanced from room shaking yet accurate bass to detailed/textured mid; and resolving/airy high. To be fair, my humble system is still very modest in price (especially at today’s show standard) but unlike other speakers (ranging from ~$2,500 to $20k) I’ve the pleasure owning/listening at home to-day, these 500RT are by far the most balanced and coherences sounding of all. That makes them also the most enjoyable and versatile speakers I’ve the pleasure of owning so far. Comparatively, the 500RT are able to bring out the most nuances from the recording along with realistic timbre & accurate imagining. And just as importantly, they manage to create excellent scale and soundstage (something fundamental yet quite difficult to achieve for proper orchestral music reproduction). Another important speaker character for me has always been the ability to disappear in the room when I close my eyes. These 500RT not only disappear completely but they are the only speakers that manage to create a soundstage that’s well beyond the physical boundary of my listening room. And for that, it’s much easier to envelop myself within the music, and often with good recording, giving me almost the sensation of actually being in the venue.

I suppose one drawback (if even that) I found so far is while the 500RT is not picky with amplification, they do require a bit of quality power to drive them well. I tried SS and tube amps and while both paired well, I found the best sonic result when driving them with a pair of higher power (100W) tube mono blocks. But even with these higher power amps, I can tell the (8) 6550 tubes are running much hotter than usual driving the 500RT. I believe they’re certainly taxing my amps, and while I hope the tubes can last longer …only time will tell.

I no longer doubt that Orchestalls speakers are geniusly designed and made. Being a cable believer myself, I’m always curious if a great design can really “rule out” the important of cables like some non-believers had claimed… so much so that even the exhibitor decided to use the generic lamp cord type speaker wires & interconnects at the show while still able to achieve great sound. Honestly, I very much hoped that will be the case so that I can sell of all my expensive cables (at least the speaker wires) and never looked back. Unfortunately, these 500RT turned out to be more sensitive to cables (or any component) upstream, and that they reveal every little change I made to larger degree than any other speakers I had in the past. I did ask the speakers designers at the show why they didn’t use better components/cables/racks, etc, and if they don’t believe in tweak. The main designer briefly told me that he believes cable, tweaks are for each individual to experience and use to their liking. For them, they just want to present the basic/pure form of their speakers at the show. Now I think about it, it’s actually quite a brilliant approach because if they would had paired with other ultra high-end components/cables at the show, I would not be as impressed nor would I know just how much sonic performance were actually from their speakers alone.

One other rare yet most admirable aspect of Orchestalls is that their speakers are design by a Korean father & son team who are truly passionate with orchestra music and audio, and with their whole family (who also came to help at the show) supporting them behind. I believe their main career is actual some type of production engineering with their manufacturing facility in Korea. Yet talking to them at the show, I couldn’t help but felt their genuine personality and great passion with music and speaker design. This is certainly not your typical corporate or business-oriented exhibitors at show. I have no doubt that the father & son are more “audiophiles” at heart who walk-the-walk than most visitors and exhibitors at the show. And it’s also their exceptional passions and humble characters that gave me the faith to take the plunge with their speakers… and I’m so glad I did. I only wished I would have purchased one of their larger models instead. Anyhow just want to share my experiences with this fairly new brand on the horizon at the show and at home. Sonically speaking, Orchestalls is truly a top-quality speaker brand which punch many levels above their pricing-triers.
Could you please post the pictures of these 500RT...

Are the boxes made of aluminum? How is their vertical imaging? When you stand up does the sound field image becomes smaller and you look "onto" the soundstage like sitting on the balcony, and does the imaging stay stable if you walk around the room, or these are strictly "sweet-spot" design? What is MSRP for them? Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Kawero

Jan 24, 2022
"The KMD Orchestalls is Faithful to make ZERO SOUND ENERGY LOSS when the electric signal is converted into the AUDIO SIGNAL"

If this is true this will be the first time in the World that anyone has ever done this !! :eek:
A lot of marketing blabla. How can you have zero energy loss with a very unefficient electro dynamic speaker?

hicr49

Jan 10, 2018
20220528_205007.jpg

@ AudioLibertarian. I believe majority of the speaker enclosure are built with 10mm thick solid steel with some area using aluminum. Even though the speaker sizes are quite small, they are extremely heavy (~220 lbs each) and nearly destroyed my back moving them up the stair to my listening room.

Great point that you'd bought up, the 500RT's vertical imaging is adequate but not as well as other speakers with more of a standard tweeter height. It's something I'm still experiencing and adjusting. Giving the short height, the tweeters are sitting well below my ear level even at sit down position. I'm able to adjust and tilt the tweeter slightly (see photos) to aim toward my ear position, doing so the vertical imaging is just prefect when listening sitting down, however as soon as I standup, the soundstage does seem to drop down quite a bit. My listening position is relatively close (~8' to 9') from the speakers, and it does help a lot if I stand further back. However, I would say the sweet-spot on these 500RT is very wide horizontally but not as much in vertical direction.

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012

Hicr49 the reviewer is waiting for KMD to get a Dedicated Website...their E-mail is not working, I don't know when these KMD Orchestalls Reference speakers will be reviewed now. My friend still misses the larger Orchestalls Reference speakers a lot.. they are very special speakers indeed !!

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Here's a new video I think these are KMD 600RT Speakers playing here
It looks like they are using a Vincent Audio Integrated Amp here
I would match these speakers with the HIGHLY RAVED MASTERSOUND 845 COMPACT TUBE AMP

Last edited:
  • Love

hicr49

Jan 10, 2018
Wondering who're heading to Axpona2023? Unfortunately, I couldn't make it this year but there're so many gears I would loved to check out. I'm glad to hear that Orchestalls will be at AXPONA again this year. Will recommend people to check out their room this year if you are visiting the show. My 500RT remains to be the best audio purchases I made in my 15 years of audio journey, and these little speakers scale up so well as I continue to upgrade the rest of my system. Would love to hear what everyone else think of them. Cheers~

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
They must made some improvements to the $8K KMD 500RT speakers for 2023 because they sound damn good now !
Thomas Grimm said the KMD 500RT's was some of the best sounding speakers he's heard at Munich Show in the last 5 years ! Look at his comments in this video...

Paying dearly for that last 10% Now Only Cost You $8K a pair for smaller rooms and $16K a pair for bigger rooms and $32K a pair for really big rooms Life is good...

Reactions: hicr49 and thomask

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
All new KMD Monitors are out now !
Now even more of us can afford a piece of that pie TOO ! :);)

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
The All New Orchestalls Le Clavier-E Series Models Won Best Speakers Award at Munich High-End 2023 Show ! They will be at Axpona 2024 Show in ROOM 728 !

?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing