Anyone had a chance to listen to Miyajima Destiny

pweg

Jun 7, 2014
Australia
Does anyone have experience with the relatively new Miyajima Destiny cart?

by all accounts it is meant to be something special - thinking of getting one.....

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I really am looking forward to hear more about this cartridge! Any news, any users?

nickif

May 17, 2013
I've been using this cartridge for a while and am very happy with it, compared to my previous cart Ikeda Kai, it's more natural and balanced; compared to miyajima madake the bottom end clearly more solid and defined. I've also heard fuuga in a different setup though, the vocal is magical on fuuga but destiny is more to my liking for classical

Reactions: gestalt and kodomo

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I've been using this cartridge for a while and am very happy with it, compared to my previous cart Ikeda Kai, it's more natural and balanced; compared to miyajima madake the bottom end clearly more solid and defined. I've also heard fuuga in a different setup though, the vocal is magical on fuuga but destiny is more to my liking for classical

This gets me excited! What tonearm are you using. I see you have luxman preamp, can you let me know about that as well. I am using Kuzma 4 point and Madake matches my tonearm really good. It seems destiny will match it too.

nickif

May 17, 2013
I'm using AMG Viella Forte turntable with AMG 12JTurbo arm, I've decided to dump my luxman EQ500 as it's no where close to Robert Koda MC1 phono in a direct comparison. Currently I'm trying MC1 maybe later Zanden 1200s, a phono upgrade seems to be unavoidable...the difference is just too big to be ignored.

Yes, if Madake matches your tonearm Destiny should be fine, it's a bit heavier though but I'm sure 4point should be able to handle.

Michael

Reactions: kodomo

ulf

Aug 9, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
i have just visiter my vinyl only friend and listen to the destiny. we both have mandake pu (wich better our previous clearaudio goldfinger pu) and we where absolutely content with the fabulous sound. But the destiny was even better in every respect in his system. Outstanding bass, even more resolution, more air arond instrument, even bigger soundstage and overall a more lifelike presentation !! hope to test it in my system.

dwhistance

Feb 15, 2019
Does anyone have any more thoughts on the Miyajima Destiny? I’m looking for a stereo cartridge that has a similar sound signature to my Miyajima Infinity monos and wonder if this could be it?

Rawlit

Oct 6, 2021
Yesterday got a deal on a barely used Miyajima Destiny, which I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise

This is my first high end cartridge, after my original Koetsu Onyx, which I do not enjoy, later on this

I also own a limited release carbon fiber body and gold winding Denon DL103GL, which offers amazing value for what it costed me

To me it's like finally listening to music with this cart the way I thought it's supposed to be, everything feels right and with different types of music from classical to jazz, voices sound like voices and so do instruments, they're just correct and present.

Music is presented with energy that brings you into the recordings in an addictive manner

The Koetsu on the other end lacks energy and body to the music and instead offers a very laid back presentation of the music, although vocals are quite magical and ALWAYS sweet and has the ability to make bad recordings sound good, that's the extent of what this cart can do, some might argue that's not an easy feat

Overall I'm extremely pleased, and honestly enjoying it although worried this cart one day will need to be re-tipped with some rare bamboo in Kyoto for 80% of its value, that's scary!

Let me know if you have any specific questions on this cart and I'll try to answer

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing