Anyone have Experience with Quad Amplifiers?

caesar

May 30, 2010
Anyone have experience with Quad Amplifiers?

What type of sound is it with Quad Speakers?

Anyone try them with other speaker brands?

Thanks in advance

Dogberry

Aug 24, 2022
I have used Quad 34, 44, 306, 24p, QC-twentyfour and II/forty amps, and 989 and 2905 speakers. Currently using the tube amps and 2905s. I had the caps upgraded in the monoblocks, and swapped the supplied tubes (currently Sophia Electric KT88s and 5U4Gs, GE NOS 6SH7s). After twelve-thirteen years I had to replace the panels in the 2905 speakers (cost ~4kCDN).
Once you hear ESLs it is hard to go back to boxed speakers. They are very fast with every detail crystal clear. If they last me out I'll be happy. I have no intention of changing anything. If I had to do it over again, I would probably go for the smaller speakers (currently that would be the 2812 instead of the 2912) simply for ease of transport plus the fact that it has proved easy to satisfactorily mate them with a subwoofer.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing