Aqua LinQ Core Module

Bmwsport007

May 9, 2021
I've stated this in other posts but it bears repeating here, I think.

To get an idea how good the LinQ is in terms of sound quality - I bought an Innuos Statement and compared it to the LinQ + my DIY music PC and my setup was clearly better. Better in terms of 1) Clarity 2) spacial cue definition and tighter more articulate bass. The only nod that goes to the Statement is a bit more body, but IMO it was at the sacrifice to the bass clarity benefits.

However, if you want to upsample I don't believe the LinQ's HQP Core has the horsepower to do so. I run HQP as a straight pass - through no upsampling, no dither no filters and it sounds best to my ears in my system. YMMV.
Just out of interest you mention DIY pc - what brand of NUC & specs did you build. The reason I ask is I tried using my IMac with the Aqua LinQ & compared it to using Innuos Zenith MK3, it was clearly much better.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Just out of interest you mention DIY pc - what brand of NUC & specs did you build. The reason I ask is I tried using my IMac with the Aqua LinQ & compared it to using Innuos Zenith MK3, it was clearly much better.
It is not a NUC it's a PC that is configured for ROON core + HQP front end. It contains an 11th Gen intel MB, i5 processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Samsung EVO 970 plus 250GB NVME M.2 SSD for Windows Server 2019, Samsung 870 4TB for music, JCAT ethernet XE powered by Paul Hynes SR4T LPSU, system powered by HDPlex HD500 with Ghent Xu cables. Systems sits on Isoacoustic Orea footers. It is lined with copper sheets under the motherboard and carefully placed 3M damping material. OS is highly optimized.

Also, I think you're saying that the Innuos Mk 3 was better than the IMac + LinQ? If so the culprit is the IMac IMO.

Reactions: christoph

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Just for clarification:
Which was better? Mac plus LinQ or Innuos? Innuos alone or with LinQ?
Thanks

Matt

jasond

Aug 18, 2022
Just for clarification:
Which was better? Mac plus LinQ or Innuos? Innuos alone or with LinQ?
Thanks

Matt
Mac Mini M2 along with LinQ offers great flexibility and sound quality.

How are others about there experiences with LinQ?

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Great review for LinQ with Core module together with JPLAY for iOS:

Reactions: jasond

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing