Best place to get cables and stuff cryogenically treated?

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
I'm thinking I might want to get some cables and stuff cryogenically treated. I used to use Cryoparts, but the owner passed away a number of years ago. Any other vendors people recommend?

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
I'm thinking I might want to get some cables and stuff cryogenically treated. I used to use Cryoparts, but the owner passed away a number of years ago. Any other vendors people recommend?
I knew Lee from Cryoparts and still own a excellent even beautiful cryo'ed power distribution center I purchased from him shortly before he passed away.

I'd suggest Jenna Labs of Portland for all your cryo-treating needs. They've been cryo-treating for maybe 40 years now and they use the superior full-immersion method rather than the inferior vapor method. Good people as I've used them numerous times.

Reactions: Dishman442

Dogberry

Aug 24, 2022
I've used lots of liquid nitrogen on people, but not on cables. I'm not expecting an audible effect, other than "Ouch"!

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
I'd suggest Jenna Labs of Portland for all your cryo-treating needs.
Thank you for your suggestion. I know of them, I will look em up!

Geoffkait

Feb 2, 2024
Falls Church, Va
One can achieve very good results using the home freezer, obviously much higher temperature than real -300F cryo. Having done both I’d opine home freezer results are comparable to -300F cryo. Results of real cryo depend on variables like ramp up and down times, dwell time.

Home freezer - 48 hours in the freezer, remove place in regular section of refrigerator for 4 hrs to thaw gradually. Remove and allow to reach room temp, then repeat process for another 48 hrs. CDS, cables, portable players, batteries, LPs, the sky’s the limit.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing