Better linestages for Audionet Heisenberg

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Ok guys this thread for for Audionet Heisenberg owners or future owners who would like to have a better linestage than the Stern.
There are several Heisenberg owners on the panel that can share their experience in regards to linestage matching for the Heisenbergs.
Here is a list of SS linestages that come to mind :

Ayre KX-R Twenty
Robert Koda K-15 EX
Dartzeel NHB-18NS
CH L1 + X1
Soulution 725
Vitus SL-103
Vitus MP-L201 Mkll
D'Agostino Momentum
Boulder 2110

Perhaps some tube linestages like Aries Cerat, Nagra, VAC, VTL and others might be great too.
Feel free to share your experience.

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Aries Cerat
Atma-Sphere
Allnic

Reactions: musicfirst1
Sep 10, 2022
My vote is for boulder 2110 or vac statement

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
LAMM Ml1.1 Signature

Aries Cerat Impera/Impera Signature/Ageto

Kondo

Koda
Have you tried the Impera Signature with the Heisenbergs yet ?

geopolitis

Apr 6, 2016
Pilium Olympus

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
How about Ypsilon PST-100 Mkll ?

Reactions: musicfirst1

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
Thiel 2 was my first serious audiophile speaker that I had used 35 years ago.

But it is outdated now.

The chance is that if you switch to Vimberg Mino, then you can get better sound more easily.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Thiel 2 was my first serious audiophile speaker that I had used 35 years ago.

But it is outdated now.

The chance is that if you switch to Vimberg Mino, then you can get better sound more easily.
Thiel CS 3.7s are far from being outdated, they even outperform many modern speakers when driven with the right amplification.

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
Have you tried the Impera Signature with the Heisenbergs yet ?
Not yet, but there was a remarkable beauty when driving the DC coupled Audionet HUMBOLDT Amplifier in Direct mode, that makes hearing that pairing high on my list of priorities.

Reactions: Thieliste

DDgtt

May 1, 2023
Ok guys this thread for for Audionet Heisenberg owners or future owners who would like to have a better linestage than the Stern.
There are several Heisenberg owners on the panel that can share their experience in regards to linestage matching for the Heisenbergs.

Ayre KX-R Twenty
Robert Koda K-15 EX
Dartzeel NHB-18NS
CH L1 + X1
Soulution 725
Vitus SL-103
Vitus MP-L201 Mkll
D'Agostino Momentum
Boulder 2110

Perhaps some tube linestages like Aries Cerat, Nagra, VAC, VTL and others might be great too.
The Audionet Stern preamp is still the best preamp on the Heisenberg amplifiers (and others). It's the most transparent and most dynamic preamp we've ever experienced and is a synergistic combo with Audionet amplifiers.

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca

Ayre KX-R Twenty
Robert Koda K-15 EX
Dartzeel NHB-18NS
CH L1 + X1
Soulution 725
Vitus SL-103
Vitus MP-L201 Mkll
D'Agostino Momentum
Boulder 2110

Full disclosure; I absolutely love the combination of a tube line stage driving Audionet monsters like the MAXs and the Heisenberg.
The sonic charactistics of the Audionet amps provide, for me, almost perfect synergy with many tube preamps; both SOTA and classic designs, much more so than any other SS amp mentioned here.

Why? Simple really. Audionet Amplifiers are extremely neutral and revealing without being ruthless; musical at their core and with ultimate authority, control and the best bass in the business.

My favorites would be the higher end AC preamps starting with a the Impera Ref (Best Buy); and if one’s budget allows the Impera Signature and my Personal fave (so far), the AC Ageto. (Cray Cray)

Some other preamps I love and have heard paired with SS, but not directly in my system or under controlled audition would be the Robert Koda; the Kondo G1000 and the LAMM sig.

Classics to try would be C.A.T, Jadis, Counterpoint 5.1 and others.

I’ve heard great things about the Ypsilon
Pst100 mkii mentioned earlier from people whose ears I trust; and the North American distributor, Brian Ackerman from Aaudio Imports has a collection of some of the best sounding gear in the world in his stable.

The Ypsilon promises to break into my top 3 fave tube pre’s and the silver will give the Ageto a good run at the cost no object leve according to those who have heard both.

The Ypsilon is on my next to audition list.

Of the. SS pre’s mentioned, the my top three would be the Stern for matching/synergy, staggering detail and vanishingly low noise floor; Dartzeel for a little more golden shine; or a Boulder 2110 for more of a iron fist in an (almost) velvet glove approach.

YMMV

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing