CAT " legend " preamplifier for sale netherlands

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
For sale CAT legend preamplifier ( although its not the current legend model)
the front says Legend and it has the double volumecontrol plus phono , some spare tubes including a hardly used set of genelec tubes , also included loading resistors
It is in perfect working order , only minor thing is that the led in the on/off switch of the external powersuppy isnt working the switch itself works perfect .
Age not sure ??
about 5 years old thats what the former owner told me

Best pre ive owned far better then nagra plp in my opinion .
With the boulder 1060 practically +- as good as zanden but i dont need the power .

Price 4250 euros more pics see system thread

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?6926-H-J-s-system-!

Last edited:
Ive emailed CAT to get some more info on the face plate .
Apparently according to ken stevens this is done by somebody other then CAT.
On the powersupply it says CAT ultimate mk 2 ,but the unit is modified by changing the face plate and changing the vol balance knobs into VOL L/R .
Ken is looking into where and how that happened
Nevertheless it is done professionel and ive never had any problems plus the soundquality is top notch , this is just for info .
More pics if interested , the price is based on it being a ultimate mk2

DSC_0010 by andromeda61, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well the mysterie is cleared , i got a call today from the german importer Bernd Bold http://www.bold-highend.de/3_produkte/produkte.html.
Apparently CAT forgot :D they made a one off CAT ultimate Mk2 with Legend face plate for a audio show in germany as a kind of pre introduction
This was done just before the real Legend came out, he guessed 2007/2008 .
So this is a special pre amp originally made by CAT.

Feel free to check with the importer

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing