Current “Best Bet” SOTA Phono

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
If a room is heavily damped, the reverberation time is around 0.3s, then you lose a lot of energy. You can then hear louder but you need a lot more power. i lose 2-3db per meter distance to the speakers. if you want to listen loud, the Klipsch RF 7(~100db/1watt) also goes above 125 db / 1m permanently under 5k€,
View attachment 88554
Don’t care about loud...

tinkerphile

Nov 27, 2021
Don’t care about loud...
Especially "that" loud. And if my room were heavily damped, I'd want to do something about that if possible. I recently installed a number of high end panels, both diffusion and absorption and at 85-90 decibels, it was bordering on too much.

Colt12

Aug 24, 2021
Jadis now is the pits. A disgrace. Shoddy and embarrassment to their previous good reputation. Avoid like the plague
Jadis is a brand I've always looked at, when dreaming about my future second system, which I hope to make tube based + monitors, a smaller system. For that I thought Jadis might be a contender. Can you elaborate, on why they've become the pits?

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Destination Audio has a new tube phono stage coming that's supposed to be the real deal and should mate well with your Zanden. Call Fred at Prana Distribution to find out more. Fred knows tubes and phono stages for sure. Good luck.

Gardener, no doubt the HSE Reference is one sexy beast!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing