dCS Delius & Purcell

I've heard an Elgar, and didn't think much of it.
I'd say you're better off with a new unit.

alexandre

with all those DAC's coming out, does a second hand dCS Delius & Purcell stand against a new DAC that cost $3000-$4500?

DCS is the one high end DAC brand that people tend to either love or don't like (I heard the Delius / Purcell combo and did not like it). There are plenty DACs in the $3000-$5000 price range that have very few such detractors. I would either buy new with a 30 day trial, or buy something used and depreciated that can be resold with minimal loss if you don't like it.

Any recommendation, as I had a chance to have the Femto in my system for few days’ and was seduced by the soundstage of this unit.
I had an opportunity few years ago to have a Weiss Medea in my system and was also charmed by it’s musicality and level of involvement it could give the music.
Any recommendation?
Would the Lavry DA 2002 or Bricasti M1 fit the bill?
Any gem to look for on the used market………
Don’t have any yet, but wish to be able to use it to listen o listen to Hi Rez files on compact Flash card in the future!

I also use 176.4 which I prefer sonically over 196. I've been told that this is because 176.4 is a multiple of 44.1...but I really don't know if there is any truth to this. I use filter 1 exclusively but haven't experimented with the filters as much as I perhaps should.

I had the opportunity to listen to the Invicta on a friend system.
Not my cup of tea…
I have to admit that I was seduced by the soundstage of the Femto.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing