DCS Rossini MSB Premier Lampizator Pacific

Arrow

Nov 16, 2022
I know this is What's Best Forum.
I have been reading a lot on dcs Vivaldi, msb reference/select, or Lampi horizon.

But i haven't come across a thread on What's second best.
Has anyone compared these 3 DACs? (rossini apex, msb premier, lampi pacific)

thanks

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
All three are great DACs. But I feel the Apex takes the Rossini to new heights based on my own listening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rejean

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I know this is What's Best Forum.
I have been reading a lot on dcs Vivaldi, msb reference/select, or Lampi horizon.

But i haven't come across a thread on What's second best.
Has anyone compared these 3 DACs? (rossini apex, msb premier, lampi pacific)

thanks

See:

Reactions: lordcloud

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
I’ve heard MSB Select II vs. dcs vivaldi stack in the same system, I picked MSB. I’ve also heard MSB Diamond V dac vs. Lampozator Pacific in the same system and treated room, I picked MSB there again. Not the exact models but should speak to house sound

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
I wonder how does the CH Precision C1.2 perform against the above TOTL DACs especially with the CH Precision X1 dedicated power supply and also the ability to operate two separate C1.2s as monos for each channel each fed with separate X1s ?

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Never heard CH digital sound good - too dry and analytical for my taste, but then I'm a Lampi man through and through! TotalDAC more on the Lampi side of things, so that would be my pref between the two.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Never heard CH digital sound good - too dry and analytical for my taste, but then I'm a Lampi man through and through! TotalDAC more on the Lampi side of things, so that would be my pref between the two.
Did you hear a full CH Precision system 'heihei' with their digital source and what CH Precision digital components were they i.e. C1 / C1.2 DAC with and without their D1 / D1.5 CD Transporter etc. ?

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I had C1, L1, and M1 at home for a while, so a full CH system but not full digital stack. It may well be that the full stack is very good, but at a cost.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing