Divin Marquis to the Max

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I have had the Divin Marquis speakers in my room now for about one year. The shutdown from Corona cancelled all the shows in 2021 and certainly limited the access for people to listen to Oliver's latest creation. I have had a lot of time and fun working with this product and found it to be very much to my personal liking and a perfect match for the size of my listening room. I have a reasonable selection of listeners in the room as things have opened up here in Florida and a few of them have been able to hear the journey as it has progressed.
I want to say first that I LOVE this speaker. It is truly a product that for me checks all the boxes. Its beautifully made and impeccably finished, its workable size and its not inexpensive but its not in the you have to be a billionaire to purchase them either. It can play soft and loud, it will play any kind of music and it always leaves me wanting more.
In the last week I have received the Wadax Atlantis Reference DAC and have inserted that into my system. This product has taken everything to another level. It is like a higher intelligence from another world has landed in Florida and shown me/us a better way. I called Oliver the other day to tell him he really needs to get one of there so he can hear the ultimate capability of these speakers. I am not a reviewer and don't want to wax on with those "terms" about this an that. You don't need any of those words all you have to do is sit down and listen. The results are right there for you to experience, the world disappears and there is music in all its glory right there with you.
One of my new favorite things to listen too is E.S.T. or the Esbjorn Swenson Trio. These guys are truly wonderful and it's sad the Esbjorn died in a diving accident a decade ago. I digress, put on Live in London, play tracks 2, 3 and more and you will be there, you will feel the energy and feel part of the audience, its not something you need to even attempt to do it will just happen. Its all there, the feel of the bass in your chest, the ability to follow all the players, the room, the energy its just there.

I am truly inspired that this fall we should finally be able to show the product to a wide audience. We are planning on being in RMAF, Axpona and CapFest.
Corona cost us a year or more however the knowledge gained and the experience taken will serve us very well going forward.

I realize Goebel isn't the NAME Brand here in the U.S. We are not part of the cartel or of those that want to buy the big name speakers because its the"safe"
I can only say that you should listen and see what is possible and make up your own mind.

Oliver Göbel has found a new way, a new path and its really exciting and its sounds incredible. A special shout out to Javier and his crew at Wadax as I want to thank you for showing me what is actually possible.
Have a happy holiday weekend.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
this was sent to me and I wont mention his name but I had to post it.

I listened to this system yesterday for over an hour
I’ve listened to systems in this room since it was built, as components were introduced and the system evolved
It is a laboratory grade playback room
I’ve been around “ high end” play back for about forty years, visited countless manufacturers off legendary esteem and listened in their sound rooms
I had the good fortune of working for someone who by a large consensus is in the top five greatest living recordists of live venue acoustic music and hearing playback on 30ips taps
I’ve listened to countless performances , in small and large halls, of rock, jazz , chamber and symphonic concerts
Language fails to convey what is now going on in this room
Silly superlatives and decades of Audiophile lingo would be an insult to my experience yesterday
The only thing that comes close is my first experience listening to music on a near overdose of Purple Owsley
I was never the same
I’ll leave it to others to play w words
I urge any one who loves music to try and hear this
If I were a reviewer , I would write about this and quit Sent from my iPhone

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Elliot, what is your full system at present including cables, stands etc? Many thanks

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Wadax Reference DAC, CH Precision L1/M1.1, Göbel Lacorde Reference cables, Göbel Divin Marquis speakers, Core Audio stands and amp stands, EVP Equipment Vibration Protectors under my speakers, and electronics, Nordost Qcore grounding and two Nordost QRT 8. electrical strips, a few Furutech cables lifters and an Esoteric K0X3 as a transport.

I am expecting the Wadax Server shortly and have a few expected updates coming later this year with the 10 series electronics and eventually the Wadax Reference Transport when it is available in 2022

I can only tell you that what is in my room and working now is something truly special.

The Noblesse and the Majestic may be better speakers but in my room as of today the Marquis is just magical.

Last edited:
Reactions: ashandger

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Wadax Reference DAC, CH Precision L1/M1.1, Göbel Lacorde Reference cables, Göbel Divin Marquis speakers, Core Audio stands and amp stands, EVP Equipment Vibration Protectors under my speakers, and electronics, Nordost Qcore grounding and two Nordost QRT 8. electrical strips, a few Furutech cables lifters and an Esoteric K0X3 as a transport.

I am expecting the Wadax Server shortly and have a few expected updates coming later this year with the 10 series electronics and eventually the Wadax Reference Transport when it is available in 2022

I can only tell you that what is in my room and working now is something truly special.

The Noblesse and the Majestic may be better speakers but in my room as of today the Majestic is just magical.

Hello Elliot, many thanks for taking the time to provide details of your great system. I think Roy Gregory also used CHP and Goebel Noblesse for his review of the Wadax DAC. Enjoy your great system.

Reactions: Elliot G.

pjwd

Jun 22, 2015
Brisbane
I have had the Divin Marquis speakers in my room now for about one year. The shutdown from Corona cancelled all the shows in 2021 and certainly limited the access for people to listen to Oliver's latest creation. I have had a lot of time and fun working with this product and found it to be very much to my personal liking and a perfect match for the size of my listening room. I have a reasonable selection of listeners in the room as things have opened up here in Florida and a few of them have been able to hear the journey as it has progressed.
I want to say first that I LOVE this speaker. It is truly a product that for me checks all the boxes. Its beautifully made and impeccably finished, its workable size and its not inexpensive but its not in the you have to be a billionaire to purchase them either. It can play soft and loud, it will play any kind of music and it always leaves me wanting more.
In the last week I have received the Wadax Atlantis Reference DAC and have inserted that into my system. This product has taken everything to another level. It is like a higher intelligence from another world has landed in Florida and shown me/us a better way. I called Oliver the other day to tell him he really needs to get one of there so he can hear the ultimate capability of these speakers. I am not a reviewer and don't want to wax on with those "terms" about this an that. You don't need any of those words all you have to do is sit down and listen. The results are right there for you to experience, the world disappears and there is music in all its glory right there with you.
One of my new favorite things to listen too is E.S.T. or the Esbjorn Swenson Trio. These guys are truly wonderful and it's sad the Esbjorn died in a diving accident a decade ago. I digress, put on Live in London, play tracks 2, 3 and more and you will be there, you will feel the energy and feel part of the audience, its not something you need to even attempt to do it will just happen. Its all there, the feel of the bass in your chest, the ability to follow all the players, the room, the energy its just there.

I am truly inspired that this fall we should finally be able to show the product to a wide audience. We are planning on being in RMAF, Axpona and CapFest.
Corona cost us a year or more however the knowledge gained and the experience taken will serve us very well going forward.

I realize Goebel isn't the NAME Brand here in the U.S. We are not part of the cartel or of those that want to buy the big name speakers because its the"safe"
I can only say that you should listen and see what is possible and make up your own mind.

Oliver Göbel has found a new way, a new path and its really exciting and its sounds incredible. A special shout out to Javier and his crew at Wadax as I want to thank you for showing me what is actually possible.
Have a

This a nice take on EST

Attachments

• RoonShareImage-637583648674587030_184088773025289.png
    RoonShareImage-637583648674587030_184088773025289.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 2

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I just had another visitor from one of our reps that has been involved for about 35 years and represented some great products both then and now including Proceed, MLAS, B&W, ML etc . He has been to numerous demonstrations in both factory showrooms and shows for many many years

I played him some music on my system which he has heard numerous times, and liked it, but this time I played him a few items and he sat there for about 40-45 minutes and never moved or said a word. When the E.S.T. Live in London ( cuts two and three off disc one) he looked at me and just said to me I don't know what to say to you. What the heck did you do in there? That's just INSANE!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I appreciate all of those who follow my forum and my rants.
I have had the Wadax here now for about two to three weeks and its been playing almost constantly since it has arrived.
I don't know how long anything really takes to break in and this is truly unmeasurable but after golf this morning I decided to do some serious listening alone in my room.
I am playing CD's since I don't have the streamer yet and went looking over the last few days through the 2000 or so that are stored in large plastic tubs and pulled out a few I liked and remembered as sounding good but NO audiophile shit. I like music not frozen pizza type great recordings of crap.
Sorry needed to get that out.

So today's gem is Peter Green's Splinter Group disc called Destiny Road, For those who aren't familiar Peter he was the original guitarist of the Fleetwood Mac band.

I love this album tracks 4 through the end just bring me back to my going to live concert days of my youth when a concert was a concert not some fluff show in a stadium or a hockey rink.
Places like the Fillmore East, My Father's place, The academy of Music, The Boston Tea Party, The Psychedelic Supermarket, The Gym at Stony Brook University, and other small venues with great rock and blues bands like Savoy Brown, Fog Hat, Jay Giels, Aerosmith, Bloodwyn Pig, Mountain etc. That just played and kicked your ass.
Sitting in my room is like sitting in a table up front or in the first 5 rows and watching magic happen in front of you.
I sit in the dark , don't care about the gear or the speakers or the room or anything but having the music thrill me, its cleansing, its spiritual, is uplifting, its mood altering and I am not stoned or drunk. Just a bottle of water at my side.
It brings me back to seeing Jimi and Lesley, Stevie and Eric, Jethro Tull with Mick Abrahams and Glenn Cornick its a humbling day and I am proud that its mine. Sitting in the front and not a care in the world.

It was a new day yesterday.....

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
I have had the Wadax here now for about two to three weeks and its been playing almost constantly since it has arrived.
I don't know how long anything really takes to break in and this is truly unmeasurable but after golf this morning I decided to do some serious listening alone in my room.
I am playing CD's since I don't have the streamer yet and went looking over the last few days through the 2000 or so that are stored in large plastic tubs and pulled out a few I liked and remembered as sounding good but NO audiophile shit. I like music not frozen pizza type great recordings of crap.

So today's gem is Peter Green's Splinter Group disc called Destiny Road, For those who aren't familiar Peter he was the original guitarist of the Fleetwood Mac band.

I love this album tracks 4 through the end just bring me back to my going to live concert days of my youth when a concert was a concert not some fluff show in a stadium or a hockey rink.
Places like the Fillmore East, My Father's place, The academy of Music, The Boston Tea Party, The Psychedelic Supermarket, The Gym at Stony Brook University, and other small venues with great rock and blues bands like Savoy Brown, Fog Hat, Jay Giels, Aerosmith, Bloodwyn Pig, Mountain etc. That just played and kicked your ass.
Sitting in my room is like sitting in a table up front or in the first 5 rows and watching magic happen in front of you.
I sit in the dark , don't care about the gear or the speakers or the room or anything but having the music thrill me, its cleansing, its spiritual, is uplifting, its mood altering and I am not stoned or drunk. Just a bottle of water at my side.
It brings me back to seeing Jimi and Lesley, Stevie and Eric, Jethro Tull with Mick Abrahams and Glenn Cornick its a humbling day and I am proud that its mine. Sitting in the front and not a care in the world.

Good to meet another Peter Green fan. Was lucky enough to have seen him live many, many years ago. In case you haven't got it already, try his album Little Dreamer...it's available on Tidal. Happy listening.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

I am very happy for you that you are so excited about this new product!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Bending Wave will be showing "my system" AT RMAF this year. Gobel Divin Marquis speakers, Gobel Lacorde Reference Cables, Wadax Reference DAC and Streamer ( maybe even another surprise) , CH Precision Electronics. We are booked in the same room as the last show which is large with plenty of space. We will also showing at Axpona 2021 in the same room and a new show for us this year Capfest.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Just finished a great session with a new client. Played for him the Carmen Suites - Rodion Schedrin Moscow Virtuosi , then Quarter Chicken Dark- Goat Rodeo sessions and finished with Yo Yo Ma Cello Suite #1 Bach, This was a special way to finish a great week.
The Wadax/CH Precision/ Göbel Divin Marquis combo is just , well you need to experience it for yourself. It is most definitely worth the trip

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Gobel production.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

moby2004

Jan 21, 2018
I heard for the first time today Goebel speakers ( Divin Marquis) and I have been very impressed !
Very balanced speakers with refinement, clarity, tight,fast and layered bass.
And it was in show condition .
The upstream gears were definitely playing a role as well ( Wadax for digital and two different turntables as a source , Riviera preamp and poweramp) but the second part of demo was with the same upstream gears and a different set of speakers ( Cessaro Horn don’t know the models but (much) more expensive than the Goebel) and I could definitely not find the same level of excitement and enjoyment in this show context.
Now it made me curious to listen to their bigger models .

Alex

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing